HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   François Allaire will not return as goalie coach for the Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1261125)

Four1 Lead 09-17-2012 09:23 AM

Leafs getting rid of goalie coach (Francois Allaire)

Source: Fan 590 <-- RDS

@RenLavoieRDS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renaud P Lavoie
Maple Leafs should annonce today that François Allaire won't be back. The goalie coach was with the team for the last 3 seasons.

KeziaTML 09-17-2012 09:24 AM

Ahh, remember the good ole days of him being praised as the god of goaltending and our new saviour?

Drop The Mits 09-17-2012 09:24 AM

François Allaire will not return as goalie coach for the Toronto Maple Leafs

@RenLavoieRDS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renaud P Lavoie
Maple Leafs should annonce today that François Allaire won't be back. The goalie coach was with the team for the last 3 seasons.

Four1 Lead 09-17-2012 09:27 AM

Burke didn't do his job in acquiring the appropriate goaltenders for Allaire.

You can blame him for that or the fact that he displayed too much loyalty to Allaire.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see who fills in that role. I bet it's someone from USA Hockey.

mapleleaf979 09-17-2012 09:27 AM

This is the best news Ive heard in a long time.

Drop The Mits 09-17-2012 09:28 AM

@mirtle

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Mirtle
No huge shock that Francois Allaire may leave the Leafs. Rumours were he was unhappy much of last season, in part due to all the criticism.

Hurt 09-17-2012 09:29 AM

Added in the tweet, thanks Drop the Mits.

iPunch 09-17-2012 09:33 AM

Well there goes our monopoly on signing free agent goaltending prospects.

Liminality 09-17-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPunch (Post 54393779)

Thought the same thing.

DirtyDion03 09-17-2012 09:37 AM

Now is the time for Burke to hire Cujo. :D

ULF_55 09-17-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPunch (Post 54393779)

If Gary Roberts is getting so much credit for Stamkos how about Sean Burke turning Smith around?

Suntouchable13 09-17-2012 09:39 AM

Burkie's big mouth has let him down again. Best goalie coach on the planet? Now he is letting him go 3 years later. Or is Allaire retiring?

onebighockeyfan 09-17-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad (Post 54393555)
Source: Fan 590 <-- RDS

@RenLavoieRDS

Another scapegoat. Allaire was not given much to work with.

Dayjobdave 09-17-2012 09:40 AM

Pretty sure the issue is that Allaire got sick and tired of being ripped in the media in Toronto for things that are not his fault, so he's going back to his private practice.

Interactif 09-17-2012 09:41 AM

Bill Watters will be happy.

Let the speculation begin, I always liked Cujo, he would be a great mentor to Reimer and Scrivens. Who knows?

Dayjobdave 09-17-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 54393957)

Let the speculation begin, I always liked Cujo, he would be a great mentor to Reimer and Scrivens. Who knows?

I love Cujo, but what would the Cujo school of goaltending be? "Have the fastest reflexes on the planet, and just stop everything?"

SprDaVE 09-17-2012 09:44 AM

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...17-084333.html

Quote:

Le légendaire entraîneur des gardiens de but François Allaire a coupé les ponts avec les Maple Leafs de Toronto.

Selon ce qu'a appris l'analyste Enrico Ciccone, de la chaîne TVA Sports, Allaire a remis sa démission à la formation.
According to this, he is resigning from his position.

There was also a rumour he was retiring, so perhaps he still will.

Suntouchable13 09-17-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 54393957)

If you guys say that the goalie coach is not the problem then why does it matter who it is?

Leaf Rocket 09-17-2012 09:48 AM

I guess he couldn't handle the criticism :(.

I really hope we get someone good, goaltending is a very serious position we have to work with, and having a good goalie coach will be good for our abundances of tenders.

Drop The Mits 09-17-2012 09:48 AM

Coaches gone, assistant coaches gone, trainers gone, new skating coach, goalie coach gone, semi-new core. Not that I'm saying this is Burke's fault at all but he really is becoming the common denominator here. Slowly but surely.

DirtyDion03 09-17-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayjobdave (Post 54394023)
I love Cujo, but what would the Cujo school of goaltending be? "Have the fastest reflexes on the planet, and just stop everything?"

Well Cujo does have the most losses for a goalie all time. Good start.. oh wait..

iPunch 09-17-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 (Post 54393909)
Burkie's big mouth has let him down again. Best goalie coach on the planet? Now he is letting him go 3 years later. Or is Allaire retiring?

No, Toronto's idiot demograph let the Leafs down. No other city ever thought to put any blame on the goalie coach before. As if Allaire was the reason the guys on the ice couldn't get the job done. I bet a lot of people don't even know what a goalie coach does.

The Messenger 09-17-2012 09:51 AM

Fire Wilson, whoops insert Burke.

SprDaVE 09-17-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iPunch (Post 54394173)
No, Toronto's idiot demograph let the Leafs down. No other city ever thought to put any blame on the goalie coach before. As if Allaire was the reason the guys on the ice couldn't get the job done. I bet a lot of people don't even know what a goalie coach does.

People really don't.

We had Corey Hirsch before signing Allaire. People were also blaming Hirsch for sucking our goaltenders.

Hirsch went on to St-Louis, and he's still there.

Wonder how that played out?

Blaylock38 09-17-2012 09:53 AM

The Leafs gave him more than enough to work with, young goalies with potential and size. The only guy that didn't make sense was Toskala, but that was forced rather choice. Giguere was choice, The Monster, Reimer, Scrivens, Owya ect...they landed most of these guys because of Allaire, with the exception of Reims.

His reputation was building up young goalies: Roy, Luongo, Giguere, Hiller ect.... and helping them go to the next level, all have won cups with the exception of Lu. By no means is this to be a comparison but they (leafs) tried to catch lightning in a bottle and it didn't work, it may have done more harm.

Maybe it has to do with talent evaluation more than anything, not that Leafs brass can't identify good talent, but can't identify the right players to build their team identity. We are still a faceless team, new coach now, who knows what we will be like.

The change is needed and welcomed.