HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   If you could trade for...( NHL13 ) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1261567)

joffreyLUUPUL 09-18-2012 08:23 AM

If you could trade for...( NHL13 )
 
Matt Moulson, Michael Grabner or Nino Nideritter(sp?)

What and who would you give up?

Ceremony 09-18-2012 08:42 AM

I wouldn't trade for any of them. We don't need wingers.

Bender 09-18-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL (Post 54418945)
Matt Moulson, Michael Grabner or Nino Nideritter(sp?)

What and who would you give up?

Nino Niederreiter would be the one I'd be interested in but I'd need to re-evaluate him at the AHL level before making a move. I haven't really seen much of him since his draft year and I don't think his development has been handled properly (cue CREW0977 or whatever his name is to enter this thread and dispute my personal opinion on an Isles player)

I still think Niederreiter has a lot potential and I'd be willing to give up a good prospect + a pick for him if he's still playing the same way he did his draft year. So something like Barrie + 2nd or 3rd round pick. Not sure Isles fans would be happy with that deal, probably not but those are the breaks.

Zero interest in Grabner. No real interest in Moulson either.

Stories 09-18-2012 09:10 AM

Grabner sucks. He can skate. That's it. His one year with 30 goals was a fluke.

Moulson could be interesting but our team is already chock full of high effort, garbage goal guys, so he'd be redundant.

Nino could be interesting, but I wouldn't give up anything of value other than an equivalent prospect. Not sold on him being a NHL regular yet.

joffreyLUUPUL 09-18-2012 09:26 AM

Interesting because I was just asking help for nhl 13. You guys are pretty weak on the wings so I was wondering who I should aquire.

I almost have a deal down Stastny for Yandle and I want better depth on the wings

S E P H 09-18-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL (Post 54419977)
Interesting because I was just asking help for nhl 13. You guys are pretty weak on the wings so I was wondering who I should aquire.

I almost have a deal down Stastny for Yandle and I want better depth on the wings

In real life we are pretty solid on the wing with the acquisitions of Landeskog, McGinn, and Downie. Before that we were brutal. In EA sports our players have always been pretty underrated, but it's the potential of the players to look at. I haven't played with Colorado yet so I don't know if rankings are solid in real life or needed to be updated.

What I recommend first is getting a top 2 defenseman and then focus on the wings. When it comes to wingers, try to get a goalscoring one like Semin or one with decent size like Lucic or Brown, or Penner.

Bender 09-18-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL (Post 54419977)
Interesting because I was just asking help for nhl 13. You guys are pretty weak on the wings so I was wondering who I should aquire.

I almost have a deal down Stastny for Yandle and I want better depth on the wings

You should have mentioned that....

Colorado Avalanche 09-18-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL (Post 54418945)
Matt Moulson, Michael Grabner or Nino Nideritter(sp?)

What and who would you give up?

I would trade for Grabner. Speed is pretty important in NHL13.

Stories 09-18-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL (Post 54419977)
Interesting because I was just asking help for nhl 13. You guys are pretty weak on the wings so I was wondering who I should aquire.

I almost have a deal down Stastny for Yandle and I want better depth on the wings

Oh, in that case... get Grabner. His speed would be amazing. McGinn is much better in real life than his NHL 13 counterpart. As is O'Reilly and Landeskog.

joffreyLUUPUL 09-18-2012 02:00 PM

Who should i trade to get them?

CobraAcesS 09-18-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joffreyLUUPUL (Post 54426151)
Who should i trade to get them?

Downie probably... His size tends to kill how effective of a checker he really is in the NHL games. I always look for players with speed & size and just try to work them on their other attributes with the coach.

Ryan would be a good winger to pick up... Try to package Jones with something for him. The game does not give Jones any credit for how fast he really is and it always drives me crazy, or how accurate his wrister is (when hes on his game anyways.).

The game does not translate intangibles for shiz... They need to add leader and other stuff to the attributes. Do something like having a guy with strong leadership give his teammates a +1 over all attribute rating and like a +2 for guys that are on the ice with them at the same time. Who knows maybe in another two or three editions.

Elever 09-18-2012 06:05 PM

I'd trade Parenuteau for Moulson.

AvsFanRCN 09-21-2012 02:45 PM

If you were offered gorges (84) and couturier (77) for giordano (85), would you take it? I'm not on the game right now and I got a trade offer, but i'm not sure what couturier's trade value/potential are in the game and whether it is worth it or not

chewey 09-21-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsFanRCN (Post 54496227)
If you were offered gorges (84) and couturier (77) for giordano (85), would you take it? I'm not on the game right now and I got a trade offer, but i'm not sure what couturier's trade value/potential are in the game and whether it is worth it or not

You take that and run.

PierreMcGuire* 09-21-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsFanRCN (Post 54496227)
If you were offered gorges (84) and couturier (77) for giordano (85), would you take it? I'm not on the game right now and I got a trade offer, but i'm not sure what couturier's trade value/potential are in the game and whether it is worth it or not

Yes, absolutely.

As for OP I'd defiantly try and get Grabner. Grabner is a stud in the NHL video games.

Razor29 09-22-2012 01:53 PM

Traded Stastny for Bouwmeester and then I signed Cal O'Reilly. Went from 2-5-0 in the first 7 games (before the trades and new lines) to 8-5-0. Not too shabby.

expatriated_texan 09-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeskogien (Post 54513101)
Traded Stastny for Bouwmeester and then I signed Cal O'Reilly. Went from 2-5-0 in the first 7 games (before the trades and new lines) to 8-5-0. Not too shabby.

You could've gotten Cal O'Reilly for a song...

Razor29 09-22-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expatriated_texan (Post 54513771)
You could've gotten Cal O'Reilly for a song...

Um... ok.

expatriated_texan 09-22-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landeskogien (Post 54515015)
Um... ok.

What made the biggest impact for you?
1. The subtraction of Stastny.
2. The addition of Bouwmeester.
3. The addition of Cal.

I understand the desire to pick a "name" player for the top d-pairing and I do understand it's a video game...but still. It's a worse team. Stastny for B is just terrible. It's a salary swap that helps a divisional foe and leaves the AVs lacking a top two center and gives them a dman who never lived up to his hype. It might work on computer games, but I wouldn't touch that in real life.

Razor29 09-22-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expatriated_texan (Post 54515377)
What made the biggest impact for you?
1. The subtraction of Stastny.
2. The addition of Bouwmeester.
3. The addition of Cal.

I understand the desire to pick a "name" player for the top d-pairing and I do understand it's a video game...but still. It's a worse team. Stastny for B is just terrible. It's a salary swap that helps a divisional foe and leaves the AVs lacking a top two center and gives them a dman who never lived up to his hype. It might work on computer games, but I wouldn't touch that in real life.

Thank you.

Muffin 09-24-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expatriated_texan (Post 54515377)
What made the biggest impact for you?
1. The subtraction of Stastny.
2. The addition of Bouwmeester.
3. The addition of Cal.

I understand the desire to pick a "name" player for the top d-pairing and I do understand it's a video game...but still. It's a worse team. Stastny for B is just terrible. It's a salary swap that helps a divisional foe and leaves the AVs lacking a top two center and gives them a dman who never lived up to his hype. It might work on computer games, but I wouldn't touch that in real life.

Bouwmeester may very well be the best defenseman in NHL 13.

RobinDIF 09-24-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffin (Post 54559573)
Bouwmeester may very well be the best defenseman in NHL 13.

Hedman must be the most overrated one. I love my swedes but seriously... Ever since the first game he was in he feels like a Chris Pronger in his prime. But in reality he has barely established himself at all. Potential? Sure. Lots. Awesome right now? Far from.

BrickAHL 09-24-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinDIF (Post 54562809)
Hedman must be the most overrated one. I love my swedes but seriously... Ever since the first game he was in he feels like a Chris Pronger in his prime. But in reality he has barely established himself at all. Potential? Sure. Lots. Awesome right now? Far from.

Isn't Larsson a 84? He is the most overrated one, how is he better than Landy and the Nuge?

Elever 09-24-2012 08:58 PM

You know who I'd trade for on NYI? Dman Andrew MacDonald. The guy is in the 3rd year of his $550,000 cap hit contract. He's played top pairing minutes the last two seasons. Had 27 pts in 60 games the year before last year when Streit was injured and he eventually got PP time. Now this guy on a good team is a 2nd pairing dman but he's pretty damn solid defensively and a great shot blocker plus you can't beat that salary. He's not an offensive dman but certainly more mobile than some of the stiffs we have on our back end. Top 4 dman for $0.55 M...

Razor29 09-24-2012 09:39 PM

And I simmed a season of offline beagm and Stastny's overall went down after 1 season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.