HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UFAs after this "season" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=126163)

Count of DannyKristo 01-27-2005 02:23 PM

UFAs after this "season"

We already have a boatload of players from last year who haven't yet signed with a team, who will be added to the list on July 1, 2005?

Flames Draft Watcher 01-27-2005 02:33 PM

Martin Gelinas of the Calgary Flames will be.

Tap on the Ankle 01-27-2005 02:49 PM

Steve Yzerman, Scott Niedermayer, Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk, Adrian Aucoin, Patrick Lalime, Vincent Damphousse to name a few.

Habsfan 32 01-27-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher
Steve Yzerman, Scott Niedermayer, Gary Roberts, Joe Nieuwendyk, Adrian Aucoin, Patrick Lalime, Vincent Damphousse to name a few.

Neidermayer and Aucoin are realy interesting but they will comand lots of $$$.

CREW99AW 01-27-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan 32
Neidermayer and Aucoin are realy interesting but they will comand lots of $$$.

Hahn(Newsday),says that Aucoin even unhappy with the $4.25m he was awarded in arbitration.rumor is that Aucoin rejected Milbury's 4 yr/$14m offer.

Hamrlik's also going to be ufa.I think it was THN that had an article on several soon to be ufas including Hamrlik,saying he would probably have to take a paycut to stay in the league.

rival 01-27-2005 06:13 PM

Markus Naslund

neelynugs 01-27-2005 06:29 PM

gonchar

anguscertified 01-27-2005 06:34 PM

Scott Niedermayer :bow:

Reaper45 01-27-2005 06:46 PM

Roman Cechmanek!

BronxBruin 01-27-2005 08:24 PM

Martin Lapointe...good luck getting $5 million per year

McDonald19 01-27-2005 08:28 PM

Sandis Ozolinsh is the only Duck for July 2005 unrestricted free agency.

Anaheim will have a bunch more for July 2006 unrestricted free agency though. (Carney, Salei, Rob Niedermayer, Rucchin)

missK 01-27-2005 08:45 PM

Khabibulin, Andreychuk, Tim Taylor

shadoz19 01-27-2005 09:23 PM

Detroit:
Yzerman
Dandenault
Woolley

Possibles:
Joseph - unless there is a season and he wins the cup.
Mowers - player option for next year
Shanahan - player option for next year

That's about it as far as guys already signed for this year.

littleHossa 01-27-2005 09:57 PM

With a cap in place good luck for those defensemen getting over 5 mil/year, they'll resign with their teams or in act of defiance go with Atlanta or Columbus who have some cap room.

HuskyFlames 01-27-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
Sandis Ozolinsh is the only Duck for July 2005 unrestricted free agency.

Damn if he could be had for cheap, he would help any team. Such an under the radar offensive guy who has made strides in his defense game.

McDonald19 01-27-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
Damn if he could be had for cheap, he would help any team. Such an under the radar offensive guy who has made strides in his defense game.

It will be interesting to see what kind of salary he will be looking for. He will have to take a pay cut from this season's 5.5 million thats for sure.

He won't be back with Anaheim as Mark Popovic and Kurtis Foster will be NHL ready next season.

Xoggz22 01-28-2005 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steadfast
We already have a boatload of players from last year who haven't yet signed with a team, who will be added to the list on July 1, 2005?

The reality is....who knows? Without a season (as expected to happen) what happens with existing contracts? If they roll over it keeps players an additional year. Also, the status of many RFA may change if the age for UFA is dropped below 31. It's already going to be a nightmare for those teams to sign/trade players this year should a season happen. Imagine next year....

I hope everyone is right with their posts here as that would mean we got in a "season" and the age stayed at 31.

GKJ 01-28-2005 08:42 AM

All the same guys that are UFA's now will be UFA's in 2005. Without a CBA, all contracts are frozen and pushed back until there is a CBA. Anyone who would have been a free agent (UFA's and RFA's) in 2005, will not.

Habsfan 32 01-28-2005 08:56 AM

Ozolinsh can be quite interessting for alot of teams if he takes a pay cut. Man I'd like it alot if the Habs sign him. It would be awesome to have him and Markov on the point during the power play.

shadoz19 01-28-2005 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
All the same guys that are UFA's now will be UFA's in 2005. Without a CBA, all contracts are frozen and pushed back until there is a CBA. Anyone who would have been a free agent (UFA's and RFA's) in 2005, will not.

I have heard this is a possibility but have not seen any confirmation. Is there anywhere that it cleary states this will be the case?

Volcanologist 01-28-2005 08:57 AM

Quote:

Without a CBA, all contracts are frozen and pushed back until there is a CBA.
The contracts expire as normal.

Darth Milbury 01-28-2005 11:42 AM

I think it is not exactly clear what is going to happen. But, I personally thing that the guys who would have ordinarily been UFAs this summer, will be allowed to reach free agency. Unfortunately for the Isles, that means the likely loss of Aucoin and Hamrlik.

McDonald19 01-28-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

I don't believe contracts are necessarily frozen during the lockout from what I have heard.

I think PepNCheese is right. Contracts will expire even if a season is not played.

MojoJojo 01-29-2005 06:36 PM

I think this is where the distinction between a lockout and a strike becomes important. The owners sign a player, prevent him from playing, refuse to pay him, and then claim that the contract has been honored. I just cant se this standing up in court. If the player refused to play, he would clearly be the party in breach of contract. Why would the owner get away with not paying a player who is willing and able to play?

Sotnos 01-31-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I think it is not exactly clear what is going to happen.

Yep. Someone on a Bolts list I'm on e-mailed Jay Feaster to clarify things about when current contracts expire/if they expire, who's a UFA, etc., and he said that it would depend on the new CBA, so the people here who are saying they know what will happen with contracts are incorrect. Even the GMs don't know, apparently. This is all unchartered water, folks.