HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OT: The OT Non-Ski Resort - Gamer Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1261843)

Royal Canuck 09-18-2012 08:44 PM

The OT Non-Ski Resort - Gamer Edition

Continue.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1345349522 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ds2boxart3.jpg http://iamvideogames.com/wp-content/.../08/Halo-4.jpg http://www.sabotagetimes.com/wp-cont...t-13.49.27.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Game_Cover.png

Which Game are you guys most excited for? Why?

Personally, I'm most excited for GTA V, just because it'll be my first GTA game and the hype for it is through the roof.

Nuckles 09-18-2012 08:56 PM

I like pong.

KISSland 09-18-2012 08:58 PM

Never been a fan of GTA series.. I know, I know.

I'm super stoked for Halo 4.. Didn't even know it was coming out till a couple minutes ago. :laugh:

I got my xbox just for gears of war series, but now I can enjoy the halo series. :)

I'm just looking forward to blackops 2, halo4, and nothing else really.. Haven't been following with gaming since MW3/battlefield2(or 3 can't remember the latest one.)

Nuckles 09-18-2012 09:06 PM

I will say that I'm disappointed in the lack of new original content being released lately.

Companies are only releasing sequels and copies of other successful games (proven money-makers), and I'd like to play something new and original.

It's very possible that they're waiting until the next playstation and xbox come out (rumored to come out next year before Christmas).

Reverend Mayhem 09-18-2012 09:26 PM

Not too much of a gamer but if I had to choose, I'd say NHL 13.

ihaveyuidonttouchme 09-18-2012 09:28 PM

Borderlands 2 is very fun and more shiny
Looking forward for gta 5. Big fan of San andreas
i still play nhl 09 on pc with updated rosters of course. what i like to do is shellout their contracts and make everyone younger. that way, no one will retire(this also means bring back all the retired ones alive and make them younger too..)..wahahaha

AndyPipkin 09-18-2012 09:47 PM

Excited for GTA 5 the most really can't wait.

Mason10 09-18-2012 09:48 PM

Go NHL 13

Taelin 09-18-2012 09:48 PM

No Assassin's Creed III love? :(

AndyPipkin 09-18-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taelin (Post 54437261)

I haven't played one since the first. It felt way to repetitive for me.

Whats your PSN Taelin?

PierreMcGuire* 09-18-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figz14 (Post 54436051)
Never been a fan of GTA series.. I know, I know.

I'm super stoked for Halo 4.. Didn't even know it was coming out till a couple minutes ago. :laugh:

Same. Although I don't care for Halo either.

NHL or bust.

Taelin 09-18-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyPipkin (Post 54437315)
I haven't played one since the first. It felt way to repetitive for me.

Whats your PSN Taelin?

Don't have one. I'm not much of an online gamer (because I tend to suck), and I like to play games in a traditional RPG style. Hence my Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy addiction.

Mason10 09-18-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 23 17 23 (Post 54437355)
Same. Although I don't care for Halo either.

NHL or bust.

my thoughts.

Royal Canuck 09-18-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taelin (Post 54437261)

Knew I forgot one, ACIII does look pretty stellar.

Taelin 09-18-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 54439629)
Knew I forgot one, ACIII does look pretty stellar.

I have the collector's edition preordered. :D

Mr. Canucklehead 09-18-2012 11:55 PM

GTA is still going? That franchise felt tired by Vice City, IMO.

NHL 13 and Black Ops 2 would have my attention. But hten again, BO2 would only have it for the Nazi Zombie option. :D

Buffalo In A Carwash 09-19-2012 02:27 AM

I'm excited for Borderlands 2, it should (it better!) be here tomorrow. NHL 13 looks good but I'm buying them every other year.

Hey Taelin, I'm a big FF/rpg fan too. :naughty: Which are your favourites?

Taelin 09-19-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenInBlack (Post 54440817)
Hey Taelin, I'm a big FF/rpg fan too. :naughty: Which are your favourites?

FFVII, FFVII: Crisis Core, FFVIII, FFX

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep

Assassin's Creed I and II

nameless1 09-19-2012 03:08 AM

Any Dragon Age: Origins fans here?
Stellar game, with tons of replay value.
It is one game that you can play at least three times, in order to play a different background story for each class and to get different results by making different decisions.

Also huge fan of Rockstar studios.
Loved GTA IV (you really have to listen to their conversations and radio broadcasts, because they are really funny), Red Dead Redemption, and L.A. Noire.
Looking forward to GTA V.

Just got Max Payne 3 (for around $16 at Bestbuy if you price match the Walmart flyer), but I am a little disappointed by it.
Not a bad game, with quite realistic graphics, and while I understand why they made the game the way it is, I didn't really like how it looked.
Plus, what is really stupid and pointless is that the game unlocks a higher difficulty after you beat the game, even though the story is linear and you would basically be playing the same thing again twice in order to get all the achievements.
The game did so badly that Rockstar had to move their Vancouver studio.

A little tired of the Assassin's Creed series, because the Revolutionary War is the last place I want to be at, but the game does look good, based on the previews.
I will probably get it, since I do have every single one.

Borderland 2 looks really good, but I will probably wait until the complete edition (which makes owning the game so early pointless, although I might make an exception for this one and GTA V).

The other game high on my list is Dishonored.
It looks promising, although it looks similar to Assassin's Creed.

Forza is a great racing game for XBox owners...
I just hate that they are making a new Forza so quickly after the last one.
It makes it overdone.
It is kind of like a sport game now...
You buy it for minimal improvements and more cars.

Finally, again for XBox owners, you guys have to play Alan Wake.
Great game...
Although I find it funny that the flashlight is actually a weapon.

Royal Canuck 09-19-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taelin (Post 54440835)
FFVII, FFVII: Crisis Core, FFVIII, FFX

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, 358/2 Days, Birth by Sleep

Assassin's Creed I and II

Sounds like you're quite the RPG player.

y2kcanucks 09-19-2012 08:45 AM

Saw the Jersey Boys at the QE last night. Amazing show! I heard great things from people that saw the show in Vegas so when it came here I had to get tickets and I'm glad
I did. Highly recommend it.

Oh what a night...

Mr. Canucklehead 09-19-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 54442771)
Saw the Jersey Boys at the QE last night. Amazing show! I heard great things from people that saw the show in Vegas so when it came here I had to get tickets and I'm glad
I did. Highly recommend it.

Oh what a night...

My parents were at that show, said they had a blast. First show my Dad had seen since he nearly went deaf seeing Chickenfoot at the QE with me in June.

I used to love RPGs - they were a great substitute for a night life in high school. FFVII blew me away the first time I played it; I hold it and FFVI in roughly the same regard, with IX and X getting lots of enjoyment from me as well. A couple of underrated RPGs out there were Legend of Legaia and Grandia II.

Treefingers 09-19-2012 12:04 PM

Dishonored is easily my most anticipated game right now.

KISSland 09-19-2012 12:12 PM

Never been a fan of RPG games. Don't think I ever played one and finished it. I don't know, never interested me. I prefer the over the top violent games. :laugh: God of War is definitely one of my favorite for newer gen consoles.

Taelin 09-19-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 54441027)
Sounds like you're quite the RPG player.

I am. :laugh:

Not much of a fan of FPS though. Mainly because I like hack and slash with swords more.