HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   OT: Blue Jays, Bisons announce new deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1261913)

Buffaloed 09-19-2012 12:30 AM

Blue Jays, Bisons announce new deal
 
They signed a 2 year agreement. I think this will work out well for both teams, but I said the same thing about the Mets/Bisons affiliation. :laugh: The Mets don't seem to be able to get their act together at any level.

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/Bisons-an...170214726.html

Quote:

The Blue Jays have an abundance of exciting young talent in the minor leagues and virtually every baseball publication applauds Toronto’s emphasis on their farm system. Before the 2012 season, the Jays’ system was ranked as the 3rd-best among major league teams by ESPN.com and the 5th-best by Baseball America. ESPN.com’s Keith Law added “the club has spent aggressively in the amateur markets…they are the organization most likely to be No. 1 on this list next winter.”
The article talks about some of the up and coming prospects. The Bisons won't be lacking for talent.

Blitz 09-19-2012 07:14 AM

It will just be nice to actually have a AAA team we can send pitchers to... currently all top-tier position players were going to LV, but the chuckers were stuck in AA New Hampshire due to better conditions etc...

Also so excited to be able to drive to Buffalo to see McGuire, Stroman and Syndergaard as they develop not to mention the quality position players the Bisons have now aquired in Gomes, D'Arnaud, Gose/Sierra, & Marisnick.

This is gonna be great - :handclap:

Chainshot 09-19-2012 07:56 AM

Interesting. It should drive some traffic to the Bisons games just by proximity/novelty.

SackTastic 09-19-2012 08:08 AM

I'm glad to see it. I'm already an AL East guy as a Sox fan, but I've always had a soft spot for the Jays.

Economically, and from a baseball perspective, I'm glad they pulled this off.

Rebuild 09-19-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 54442223)
Interesting. It should drive some traffic to the Bisons games just by proximity/novelty.




It might Buffalonians interested in the Jays a bit. Currently it just seems like a team you drive up to see the Yankees or Sox play.

Chainshot 09-19-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two Tylers now (Post 54443179)
It might Buffalonians interested in the Jays a bit. Currently it just seems like a team you drive up to see the Yankees or Sox play.

I was thinking more of folks from the Golden Horseshoe coming down to see the kids than old, ingrained Yankee/Sox (Indian/Pirate) fans getting into the Jays.

Blitz 09-19-2012 09:58 AM

Does anyone think the Bisons will do a recolour to to Toronto's colours the same way they did for the Mets?

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps271628a7.png

SackTastic 09-19-2012 10:02 AM

I expect them to. They did the same thing with Pittsburgh and Cleveland back in the day.

Expect a new logo, and the Blue Jays colors.

Taro Tsujimoto 09-19-2012 11:41 AM

Yeah, they'll almost certainly have a new logo, since the current/old logo is based on the Mets' logo.

McTank 09-19-2012 02:54 PM

Excited since Im a jays fan, more likely to come to games now because of this

Blue n Gold Forever 09-19-2012 03:51 PM

I am not a Mets fan at all and hated the fact that the Bisons were affiliated with them. I'm fine with the Jays. It will ne nice driving up the QE to catch a few games and see some Bisons in action. Much nicer if they had a better stadium though.

I'm looking forward to a uniform and color change - with a lot more blue.


I'm hoping the team listens to Harrington's suggestion that they replace the aged, faded and broken down seats at the stadium with blue.

Woodman19 09-19-2012 05:40 PM

I think this will be a great partnership. Buffalo brings one of the best minor league facilities and atmosphere along with the added bonus of being within driving distance for most Jays fans to help fill up the park (I Know I will be driving to many games). In return the Jays get a chance to let its prospects finally develop properly without our pitchers skipping the AAA step on the way to the majors. With the depth in our farm system and our focus on development it will allow us to give Buffalo a great amount of talent to be one of the most competitive AAA franchises in the international league for the foreseeable future.

sabresfan129103 09-19-2012 06:02 PM

They should have done this years ago. Glad to see the Bisons team up with the Jays.

FoSotC 09-19-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodman19 (Post 54454979)
I think this will be a great partnership. Buffalo brings one of the best minor league facilities and atmosphere along with the added bonus of being within driving distance for most Jays fans to help fill up the park (I Know I will be driving to many games). In return the Jays get a chance to let its prospects finally develop properly without our pitchers skipping the AAA step on the way to the majors. With the depth in our farm system and our focus on development it will allow us to give Buffalo a great amount of talent to be one of the most competitive AAA franchises in the international league for the foreseeable future.

Is there any truth to what I've heard about Ottawa getting a AAA team in the near future? Do you think this two-year deal with the Bisons is just a stop-gap for the Jays until that happens? Sorry, I'm pretty out of the baseball loop.

cybresabre 09-19-2012 06:53 PM

This will make me more interested in baseball. I was a Bisons fan during a few summers of my youth, but I haven't been drawn to major league team since I played coach-pitch and would root for whatever team I played for. I think I needed an excuse to be a Blue Jays fan.

Woodman19 09-19-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoSotC (Post 54456615)
Is there any truth to what I've heard about Ottawa getting a AAA team in the near future? Do you think this two-year deal with the Bisons is just a stop-gap for the Jays until that happens? Sorry, I'm pretty out of the baseball loop.

I think Ottawa is trying for a AA franchise which would mean we move from New Hampshire to Ottawa in 2014. Buffalo is to perfect for the Jays to want to move to Ottawa despite the Canadian connection. Buffalo is closer and has an already top notch minor league facility and I would not want to move it once I get familiar with them.

Blue n Gold Forever 09-19-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoSotC (Post 54456615)
Is there any truth to what I've heard about Ottawa getting a AAA team in the near future? Do you think this two-year deal with the Bisons is just a stop-gap for the Jays until that happens? Sorry, I'm pretty out of the baseball loop.

A quick search mentions that Ottawa is looking to bring in a AA Eastern League franchise with the Jays as the likely affiliate.


Edit - someone beat me to it.

Rob Paxon 09-19-2012 07:01 PM

I'm not the baseball fan I used to be but this is really cool for both sides. I always like it when the major and farm team are in the same region and it should be good for business.

sabresfan65 09-19-2012 09:51 PM

Not a fan of this move on a personal level, but I'm a Jays fan living in Vegas so it was nice to see the affiliate here. I think it will be great for the Jays.

I hope we don't get stuck with crap here in Vegas though.

Silence Of The Plams 09-19-2012 10:26 PM

I'm a Yankees fan... but like the Bisons. Awkward now.

Woodman19 09-19-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan (Post 54461651)
I'm a Yankees fan... but like the Bisons. Awkward now.

You could always secretly cheer for the Jays when your old Yankee's boys decide to call it quits and your somewhat depleted farm system lets you down? :)

Silence Of The Plams 09-19-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodman19 (Post 54461809)
You could always secretly cheer for the Jays when your old Yankee's boys decide to call it quits and your somewhat depleted farm system lets you down? :)

That's the sad part... I know it's coming. I never liked A-Rod... Jeter is classic but he's almost done. Gardner fell off the planet, our pitching is turning into suck. Meh. I'll cheer for the Bisons for now, will be hard to cheer for the whole team when called up :cry:

Bosswally 09-20-2012 12:05 AM

I wonder if this partnership proves successful maybe when they renew in a couple years they could have a deal like the bills have where maybe the Blue Jays play a game or two in Buffalo, this could along ways towards regionalisation of the team and maybe get the kids in Buffalo to cheer for the Jays instead of Yankees or red sox, but for heavens sake don't have it be a game against the Yankees or sox, make it against the Ray no one likes them not even people who live in Tampa like the rays

Buffalo seats only a few thousand less than what the Jays average for attendance anyways

P.S. when I was looking at attendance figures I noticed that if the Bisons got back to selling out every game like they did in the early 90s they could beat out the Rays some years

dotcommunism 09-20-2012 03:02 AM

The idea of an MLB team going to the city of their AAA team to play a major league game seems.... weird. I could maybe understand an exhibition against the AAA team like the Orioles used to do in Rochester back in the day.

ckg927 09-20-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue n Gold Forever (Post 54452761)
I am not a Mets fan at all and hated the fact that the Bisons were affiliated with them. I'm fine with the Jays. It will ne nice driving up the QE to catch a few games and see some Bisons in action. Much nicer if they had a better stadium though.

I'm looking forward to a uniform and color change - with a lot more blue.


I'm hoping the team listens to Harrington's suggestion that they replace the aged, faded and broken down seats at the stadium with blue.

Harrington made a lot of other suggestions(i.e. banners of former Bisons greats hanging in the concourse, etc.)which I hope they follow. One he didn't mention: place auxiliary speakers every 30 or so feet out in the seating bowl-the echo can be horrendous. Plus, why not put in a ribbon board on the upper deck facade? The set up right now outlived its purpose years ago.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.