HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   General Predators Talk Part III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1262201)

I Will Son 09-19-2012 07:11 PM

General Predators Talk Part III

Last one is nearing 1000 posts. Continue here when full..

headsigh 09-19-2012 09:20 PM

Either tonight or tomorrow I'm gonna probably make a 'lockout tracker', e.g. a list of which players for the Preds are headed where to play during the upcoming (un)season.

I'm guessing the layout will probably be like
Player - Position - Age - Salary - Yrs Remaining - Current Team - And maybe a little stat window for how they're doing in whatever league they're in.

Interested? Any other ideas?

Everlong 10-02-2012 11:45 PM

Attempting to get away from the doom and gloom of the lockout. Who do you think the 'surprise' player of this season(potentially) will be? Last year I think it had to be Smith without a doubt. Yes he fell off in the second half recently after the play or gaff, which will not be named, but I think it's more attributed to the fact that's common with alot of players that are developed in the college ranks. 82 games is a big workload, especially when the college season is 55ish games. With better conditioning, he'll hopefully be a bit more consistent.

This year I think Josi will step into a larger role, and flourish. Could be a little too high of expectations but he's got such poise with the puck which should complement Weber very well.

Legionnaire11 10-03-2012 01:41 PM

I'm not sure we have that guy this season. Smith was a complete unknown last summer so it was a good surprise. Everyone on the team now are guys that we know what they can or might be able to do (Smith, Josi, Bourque).

But i'm going to go with Colin Wilson. If he can put together a full season, he'll be the talk of the league.

Top 6 Spaling 10-03-2012 03:46 PM

I dont think we see any true "surprises" like Smith last year for awhile, but I'm going to throw Victor Bartley's name into the mix. Ads fans have been saying he is their best Dman, and if he is called up due to injuries, I could see him ending up as a very solid #4/5 guy. Don't know a lot about him, just know Milwaukee loves him and we don't hear his name much.

HM to Jarvinen.

AtlantaWhaler 10-04-2012 09:09 AM

Grim will be a radio analyst for the Preds...Coool

@JoshuaCooper

We talked with Stu Grimson, who will be a full time radio analyst for the #preds this year http://tnne.ws/VzvhHI #nhl

InjuredChoker 10-06-2012 10:23 AM

Craig Smith with 2 goals so far in 2 periods in FEL.

Top 6 Spaling 10-10-2012 09:08 PM

A Leaf fan on the trade boards proposed, straight up, Grabovski for Wilson. His offer has gotten a bunch of "no"s from other Toronto fans, but we all know Burke loves Wilson. Would you do it?

Personally, I would. I think Wilson will be an awesome player, but come one, a center punch of Grabo-Fisher-Legwand-Gaustad is the deepest in the league, especially when you consider Smith and Spaling can play there as well. Don't think Burkey bites, but I would do it in a second.

Everlong 10-10-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 54900037)
A Leaf fan on the trade boards proposed, straight up, Grabovski for Wilson. His offer has gotten a bunch of "no"s from other Toronto fans, but we all know Burke loves Wilson. Would you do it?

Personally, I would. I think Wilson will be an awesome player, but come one, a center punch of Grabo-Fisher-Legwand-Gaustad is the deepest in the league, especially when you consider Smith and Spaling can play there as well. Don't think Burkey bites, but I would do it in a second.

I'd say it's pretty fair value, and I do like Grabo. He's tough, scores goals, and is decent at the dot. However I still believe Wilson has a much better skill-set offensively, and could at very least match Grabovski's production. (50pts, 25goals)

He has alot of problems with SK aswell. When Toronto/Montreal got together they'd go at eachother constantly. That apparently stems back to their days playing in europe before they were drafted.

Top 6 Spaling 10-10-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everlong (Post 54900235)
I'd say it's pretty fair value, and I do like Grabo. He's tough, scores goals, and is decent at the dot. However I still believe Wilson has a much better skill-set offensively, and could at very least match Grabovski's production. (50pts, 25goals)

He has alot of problems with SK aswell. When Toronto/Montreal got together they'd go at eachother constantly. That apparently stems back to their days playing in europe before they were drafted.

Interesting. Didn't know that. I agree Wilson *could* be the better player, but he has yet to mesh with Trotz and Grabo would be a nice addition. I don't think many teams can come close to matching that center depth.

Just food for thought during the lockout.

BigFatCat999 10-11-2012 01:49 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Well, f you too Leipold.

I Will Son 10-11-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 54914237)

Leipold is a ****ing ******. All he is a hypocrite and a people pleaser. He didn't know how to run our franchise the right way and he's just trying to make it seem like he wasn't the problem in any case.

Nitrous Mafia 10-11-2012 05:14 PM

lol @ having to re-engage fans of a supposed hockey town.

glenngineer 10-11-2012 06:12 PM

Leipold can suck it. He's a f'tard that doesn't know how to run a business or a successful franchise. To talk about Nashville after the fact is bush league. He is also one of the main reasons the lockout is happening. For a team not making it to hand out contracts like he did to the butt monkey twins was irresponsible financially. I hope he and his franchise rot in hell.

cleangene 10-12-2012 06:50 AM

Who has the opening night game day thread? I'm sooooo excited to begin a new season!!! .....OH, RIGHT. : (. "DONALD/GARY DONALD/GARY DONALD/GARY YOU SUCK!!!! IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT."

braindead 10-13-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 54914237)

I stayed iny seat after the 3rd period to avoid sharing the road with his drunk a$$ son driving but, hey, that's just me.

Top 6 Spaling 10-16-2012 01:31 PM

Huge CBA progress today!

I Will Son 10-16-2012 01:42 PM

Yup and they want an 82 game season. It's all on the Players now

AtlantaWhaler 10-16-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Will Son (Post 55034937)
Yup and they want an 82 game season. It's all on the Players now

Can't see that happening. Even if they come to an agreement say...tomorrow, with a week or two of prep time, I can't see more than a 65-game schedule.

All-in-all, though...good news. Hope this works out!!

Adz 10-16-2012 02:36 PM

Most teams have lost around 10 games. I think that could be easily worked into the next 5.5 months. They could also shorten/cancel the All Star Break and/or add a week to the April schedule to ease up the crunch a little.

BigFatCat999 10-16-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 55035041)
Can't see that happening. Even if they come to an agreement say...tomorrow, with a week or two of prep time, I can't see more than a 65-game schedule.

Agreed. Yeah, play 10 games in Europe then come back to play 82+ games

101st_fan 10-16-2012 04:37 PM

I'm not sure if it is progress ... but a huge spin put on the ball as it entered the NHLPA's court.

Everlong 10-16-2012 05:19 PM

It's taken over a month of locked out hockey for negotiations to finally start. Bout time.

PredsV82 10-16-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 55036955)
Agreed. Yeah, play 10 games in Europe then come back to play 82+ games

yeah, but 82 games means a full year's salary for the players, and a full year's hockey related revenue to count toward the cap....

its actually a nice carrot to try to get the PA to get something done within the next week or so...

JR303 10-16-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 55045639)
yeah, but 82 games means a full year's salary for the players, and a full year's hockey related revenue to count toward the cap....

its actually a nice carrot to try to get the PA to get something done within the next week or so...

Hey, Volde, where you been? Actually I suppose that's stupid question, but regardless, haven't seen much from you on here lately.