HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Canucks players practicing wearing their jerseys inside out (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1262209)

4th line energy guy 09-19-2012 07:52 PM

Canucks players practicing wearing their jerseys inside out
 
I'm sure most of you saw this on tsn or whatnot, Sedins, Bieksa, Luongo and many more practicing together with their team jersey turned inside out.

Does anybody else find this a tad insulting? I mean, I know the owners are who their beef is with and I get that. But to me, the logo and name of the team does not represent "Aquillini" (sp?) It represents the fans, the city, the players, and somewhere on that list the owners as well. It just rubs me as a slap in the face to us the fans and even to their fellow players for what they've played for and and played through these last couple of years. Are they not still proud to be Canucks?
http://ubyssey.ca/theblog/files/2012/09/mmsy1pej.jpg
http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/ho...?size=620x400s

RobertKron 09-19-2012 07:56 PM

Everything is about me

Treefingers 09-19-2012 07:57 PM

I somehow doubt it was their intention to insult the fans, the city, or (especially) the team. Yeesh.

Shareefruck 09-19-2012 08:00 PM

It doesn't "represent" anything. Quit being melodramatic and get over it.

4th line energy guy 09-19-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treefingers (Post 54458067)
I somehow doubt it was their intention to insult the fans, the city, and (especially) the team. Yeesh.

I don't think it was their "intention", either. That's kind of the point. They're not thinking on a broader prospective. If they stepped out of their millionaire-hockey-friends bubble for a few minutes and looked at things from an outsiders point of view, the optics are not cool. Just like a lot of things they have said or done on twitter or in the media.

4th line energy guy 09-19-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shareefruck (Post 54458129)
It doesn't "represent" anything. Quit being melodramatic and get over it.

Why should I get over it? Should I just be a shill for everything and spend 10,000 plus posts discussing prospects and 4th line centers?

Shareefruck 09-19-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy (Post 54458165)
Why should I get over it? Should I just be a shill for everything and spend 10,000 plus posts discussing prospects and 4th line centers?

I looked up "Shill" and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.

You're feeling insulted and appalled over nothing. I definitely find this reaction more obnoxious/senseless than anything the players have done or said.

The optics are equally not cool.

4th line energy guy 09-19-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shareefruck (Post 54458343)
I looked up "Shill" and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.

You're complaining about a whole lot of nothing and making it about you for some reason.

what is this I dont even...

is this not a Vancouver Canucks discussion board?

Last time I checked 60% of this board is complaining and the other 40% is people telling you to stop posting about nothing.

Just because it doesn't mean something to you, does not mean it's nothing to me. I'm a little more old school, I believe your team logo doesn't go inside out, or get tossed on the floor, upside down, or mocked in any way. You on the other hand don't seem to care. Which is fine, just don't tell me what my level of 'care' should be set to.

Taelin 09-19-2012 08:16 PM

Those scoundrels! How dare they defile the beautiful symbol of our province's pride and joy? The disrespect shown by these people towards such a historic image is unacceptable. They do not deserve to wear the Canucks crest on their chest ever again.

:sarcasm:

That's how I feel about this subject.

Shareefruck 09-19-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy (Post 54458443)
what is this I dont even...

is this not a Vancouver Canucks discussion board?

Last time I checked 60% of this board is complaining and the other 40% is people telling you to stop posting about nothing.

Just because it doesn't mean something to you, does not mean it's nothing to me. I'm a little more old school, I believe your team logo doesn't go inside out, or get tossed on the floor, upside down, or mocked in any way. You on the other hand don't seem to care. Which is fine, just don't tell me what my level of 'care' should be set to.

Criticizing the behaviour of certain players vs. criticizing the behaviour of certain fans. What's the difference?

Verviticus 09-19-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy (Post 54458443)
what is this I dont even...

is this not a Vancouver Canucks discussion board?

Last time I checked 60% of this board is complaining and the other 40% is people telling you to stop posting about nothing.

Just because it doesn't mean something to you, does not mean it's nothing to me. I'm a little more old school, I believe your team logo doesn't go inside out, or get tossed on the floor, upside down, or mocked in any way. You on the other hand don't seem to care. Which is fine, just don't tell me what my level of 'care' should be set to.

on the other hand, if you set your level of care to something more reasonable and realistic, you might live longer

Vankiller Whale 09-19-2012 08:24 PM

Meh, it's not the best way to make a protest. I don't care enough to have an opinion about it one way or another.

Verviticus 09-19-2012 08:27 PM

to me, the symbol of the canucks represents the canucks which are the prime holding of Canucks Sports & Entertainment, a company that makes money to pay to people who own it. this should probably be your interpretation too

eklunds source 09-19-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th line energy guy (Post 54458443)
Just because it doesn't mean something to you, does not mean it's nothing to me. I'm a little more old school, I believe your team logo doesn't go inside out, or get tossed on the floor, upside down, or mocked in any way. You on the other hand don't seem to care. Which is fine, just don't tell me what my level of 'care' should be set to.

It's a practice jersey..

Maybe the Canucks' players were asked to, being that they're technically not allowed to be associated with the Canucks right now? You know, the people who own that logo aren't associated with the NHLPA right now..

opendoor 09-19-2012 08:50 PM

Beats trying to skip out on a charity golf tournament like the Flames players did.

Fat Tony 09-19-2012 08:59 PM

It's pretty common for NHL players to turn their team jerseys inside out if their they're playing or practicing in non-official situations. It's kind of a humility thing so as to not rub it in the face of any non-NHLers that might be involved.

701 09-19-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Tony (Post 54459503)
It's pretty common for NHL players to turn their team jerseys inside out if their they're playing or practicing in non-official situations. It's kind of a humility thing so as to not rub it in the face of any non-NHLers that might be involved.

This, plus the poster above who reasoned that maybe they were told by the players' union to wear the jerseys inside-out. To me that's very likely. It's not intended by our players to be insulting or personal. These guys seem to like Vancouver and they're glad to play here . . . whenever the league and the union make that possible.

thrillhouse99 09-19-2012 09:11 PM

I'm thinking they should have just picked up some ten dollar blank practice jerseys to wear.

Then again that would have cost ten dollars and they aren't getting paid right now soooooooooo.......

Hansen 36 09-19-2012 09:21 PM

One of the guys did it for fun at first then it caught on

craigcaulks* 09-19-2012 09:22 PM

Until the Orca jerseys are gone they should always be worn inside out.

==

I thought at first Luongo's jersey had just gotten that way after a shoot out drill.

Chubros 09-19-2012 09:23 PM

Bieksa put it best when he was on the local news and asked, "who cares?" He said he still has the logo on his pants and helmet and that it really was not a big deal.

At least those guys are in town practicing and preparing in hopes of the season starting soon, unlike the Crosbys and Ovechkins of the world who were on the first possible flight to Europe.

craigcaulks* 09-19-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opendoor (Post 54459321)
Beats trying to skip out on a charity golf tournament like the Flames players did.

And they still might actually get paid.

Golden Boy 09-19-2012 09:28 PM

Who cares man... They can do whatever they want to do, I just want my hockey back. I don't care about anything else: not that Ovechkin comment or Spezza moving to Switzerland.

Wisp 09-19-2012 09:37 PM

Its the most minor of gestures. To choose to get offended by it is a sign of selfishness and childishness.

Also, why should the players freely advertise for their respective organizations when they're being locked out by those same organizations?

ddawg1950 09-19-2012 09:39 PM

It just means the crest is closer to their hearts.


Now somebody post a picture of a cute puppy and we can all go home.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.