HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263097)

starling 09-22-2012 12:33 PM

Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
 
Sens Prospect Stats: http://sens.6te.net/

Prospect Affiliations:

CHL
WHL
Chris Driedger, G, Calgary
Jordan Fransoo, D, Victoria

OHL
Stefan Noesen, F, Plymouth
Matt Puempel, F, Kitchener
Cody Ceci, D, Ottawa
Jarrod Maidens, F, Owen Sound

QMJHL
Francois Brassard, G, Quebec

Europe
Allsvenskan (SEL2)
Mikael Wikstrand, D, Mora IK

US
NCAA
Michael Sdao, D, Princeton
Jeff Costello, F, Notre Dame
Bryce Aneloski, D, Nebraska-Omaha
Ryan Dzingel, F, Ohio State
Max McCormick, F, Ohio State

USHL
Robbie Baillargeon, F, Indiana
Timothy Boyle, D, Union


Time to replace 11/12 thread.

Yesterday:
Puempel 1G, +2
Noesen 1G, -3
Brassard 4GA, W
Driedger 2GA, W
_____________________________________

Looks like Noesen is playing on the first line with Tom Wilson and Rickard Rackell. Didn't work that well last night, PLY lost to SSM in OT 5-6, Noesen was on the ice for all goals against.

Puempel looks like also playing first line with Faksa and Rieder. Added ENG in a 3-0 win.

Marvelous Manked 09-22-2012 12:39 PM

Sticky, Sticky, Sticky!!!

Excited to see how Matt Puempel does this year. While it's not a make or break year, he's got to improve on last seasons performance to give me the confidence that he's going to be a scorer in the NHL.

Aggen 09-22-2012 02:19 PM

Mikael Wikstrand, drafted this year, has started out the season in Sweden extremely well. He has managed to score 3 goals in 4 games. (compared to 2 goals in 47 games last year).

He and Tom Nilsson (Toronto prospect) is so far the best defensemens in the entire Mora team.

derriko 09-22-2012 02:38 PM

Im stoked Puempel gets to play with Faksa. I think my prediction might not be reached of 45+ goals, but i think he could get 90 points imo. Reason being Reider is a goal scorer, and Faksa is pretty good in that regard, so goals / assists will be more evenly split between them.

Tom Wilson is an interesting choice for Plymouth's first line as well. I guess they want to spread the talent more than last year. Im happy Miller and Noesen are split though.

mianjo 09-22-2012 02:51 PM

You forgot

Ceci 4a

Fenix Rises 2026 09-22-2012 09:38 PM

Ceci leading the OHL for defencemen. :sarcasm:

Sens Mile 09-23-2012 12:53 PM

Septermber 22
OHL
Noesen- 1 Goal, +1, in 3-2 loss
Ceci- 1 Goal, Even, 4-3 loss
WHL
Driedger, 28 shots with 27 Saves, 9.64 save percentage in 5-1 win
Fransoo- Even across the board in 3-2 win

Karlstrobe 09-23-2012 01:30 PM

Despite loses at least the kids are performing decently so far. In other news saw Silfverberg at junxion last night, good to know hes keeping busy here in Ottawa.

QuietOnTheFront 09-23-2012 04:41 PM

Puempel Pumped it up this afternoon! 2 PPGs and one more in the shootout to help the Rangers win.

derriko 09-23-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront (Post 54537389)
Puempel Pumped it up this afternoon! 2 PPGs and one more in the shootout to help the Rangers win.

That line has to be one of the best in all of juniors this year. They all could play another year too after this one as well, if im not mistaken.

DJB 09-23-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derriko (Post 54538785)
That line has to be one of the best in all of juniors this year. They all could play another year too after this one as well, if im not mistaken.

They could, but my guess since the Sens had Stone and Prince move to Bingo for their overage year, I assume the same will happen to Puemps.

Marvelous Manked 09-23-2012 09:41 PM

Yes, Noesen and Puempel are 99.98% playing their final years in Junior.

When a player is elite like both Puempel and Noesen are, it's generally thought of as being better for development if they move on as quickly as possible. While the 67s fan in me cried for Ryan Martindale to be sent back to Ottawa instead of the ECHL, I understand why NHL teams decide to send their players to the minor leagues as opposed to the juniors.

QuietOnTheFront 09-23-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 54544581)
Yes, Noesen and Puempel are 99.98% playing their final years in Junior.

When a player is elite like both Puempel and Noesen are, it's generally thought of as being better for development if they move on as quickly as possible. While the 67s fan in me cried for Ryan Martindale to be sent back to Ottawa instead of the ECHL, I understand why NHL teams decide to send their players to the minor leagues as opposed to the juniors.

The sooner a player can adapt to the pro game the better for the organization. Like you said, there is no sense wasting time during that transition. As soon as elite talent is eligible to turn pro they have to go.

CanadianHockey 09-24-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggen (Post 54513617)
Mikael Wikstrand, drafted this year, has started out the season in Sweden extremely well. He has managed to score 3 goals in 4 games. (compared to 2 goals in 47 games last year).

He and Tom Nilsson (Toronto prospect) is so far the best defensemens in the entire Mora team.

Caught the highlights, Wikstrand's first goal was one hell of a shot. The second goal was a nice read to shoot low and hard through the screen.

OHNOclowe 09-24-2012 12:27 PM

Puempel playing for the Rangers threw me for a loop, not sure how I missed that. I have the understanding that I'm going to be performing (bagpipe band) for a Remembrance Day Pre-Game Service at a Rangers game early Nov.

Excited to do up a scouting report for Puempel that day :handclap:

Minister of Offence 09-24-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHNOclowe (Post 54554749)
Puempel playing for the Rangers threw me for a loop, not sure how I missed that. I have the understanding that I'm going to be performing (bagpipe band) for a Remembrance Day Pre-Game Service at a Rangers game early Nov.

Excited to do up a scouting report for Puempel that day :handclap:

Demanded a trade. Demanded a trade to Kitchener.

I think he might be our highest rising prospect after this year.

DJB 09-24-2012 01:54 PM

Puempel will have a massive year so long as he stay son that top line, coach gives him confidence and he stays healthy.

40 goal year not out of the question for him.

Minister of Offence 09-24-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJB (Post 54556559)
Puempel will have a massive year so long as he stay son that top line, coach gives him confidence and he stays healthy.

40 goal year not out of the question for him.

40 goals is a modest projection if he does stay healthy and stay on that line. He's been gunning for 40 goals since he was 17 and in Peterborough.

MAK19 09-24-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minister of Offence (Post 54557847)
40 goals is a modest projection if he does stay healthy and stay on that line. He's been gunning for 40 goals since he was 17 and in Peterborough.

Yeah was gonna say, if he plays a full season and doesn't get 40, that's a huge disappointment

JonnyMacSen 09-24-2012 03:40 PM

So who's are new default prospect that goes in all the future trade proposals then? :sarcasm:

CanadianHockey 09-24-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen (Post 54558715)
So who's are new default prospect that goes in all the future trade proposals then? :sarcasm:

Da Costa :sarcasm:

Beville 09-24-2012 04:07 PM

For us, not so in touch with prospect fans...

Can you include who the big ones are playing for in the first post?

Minister of Offence 09-24-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 54557957)
Yeah was gonna say, if he plays a full season and doesn't get 40, that's a huge disappointment

If I was Puempel I'd be gunning for 50-55. Jeff Skinner scored 50 in his draft year...I think Puempel can score that or above at 19, considering his linemates. The guy must be so pumped to be in Kitchener and he knows making Team Canada is completely in his hands as he plays infront of Spott nightly.

StikTBo 09-24-2012 05:23 PM

Brassard got his first shutout of the season yesterday.

Fenix Rises 2026 09-24-2012 06:34 PM

This isn't good....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Puempel In A Newspaper Article (Post 54232807)
Peterborough has made some great additions this year,” Puempel said, “but you don't really go from being a team that misses the playoffs to being a contender. It's a process. If they do I'll be the first to call Dave Reid and congratulate him. Being around Ottawa and this being my last year of junior, I wanted to win and be a part of a team that is in a different phase of a rebuild. I thought Kitchener would be a great spot. Fortunately enough, it worked out for both sides.”

Puempel said he didn't start out demanding to go to Kitchener but as the process went along it became the most attractive option to him. He wanted to be closer to his Windsor area home but also wanted to remain in Canada.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.