HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Prospect Info: 2012/2013 Prospects Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263267)

Noori 09-22-2012 09:59 PM

2012/2013 Prospects Thread

With the CHL season under way, I figured we needed a new thread.

TheHudlinator 09-23-2012 06:29 PM

Hockey'sFuture releases Calgary's draft picks rankings from 2012 they are not as high on them as most of us are.
Mark Jankowski 7.5D
Patrick Sieloff 6.5C
Jon Gillies 7.0D
Brett Kulak 6.5D
Ryan Culkin 6.5D
Conda Gordon 6.5D
Matt Deblouw 6.0C

Personally I think it is low on most players.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/calgary_flames/

Ashasx 09-23-2012 08:29 PM

They were really lazy this year. Whatever, doesn't matter.

I think a 7.5D for Jankowski is pretty off when somebody like Collberg was an 8.

tmurfin 09-23-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 54543011)
They were really lazy this year. Whatever, doesn't matter.

I think a 7.5D for Jankowski is pretty off when somebody like Collberg was an 8.

This. I've learned to ignore HF ratings

Noori 09-23-2012 08:45 PM

Every team seems to have an article on their top 20 prospects except for Calgary. None of the other prospects on the Flames have been updated either.

Honestly though, for the seven guys we drafted, those rankings seem pretty appropriate. I'm more curious to see how the guys going into their first pro season are ranked.

Rolen 09-23-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 54543413)
Every team seems to have an article on their top 20 prospects except for Calgary. None of the other prospects on the Flames have been updated either.

Honestly though, for the seven guys we drafted, those rankings seem pretty appropriate. I'm more curious to see how the guys going into their first pro season are ranked.

Yeah I've been checking for the top 20 for Calgary every day or so for awhile now haha.

In handsight the rankings look bad for the 7 picks, but for the time being it makes sense. I won't judge until the prospects play a full season and they are re-rated.

Ashasx 09-23-2012 09:04 PM

If I've counted correctly, HF has yet to do the total prospect rankings for 6 teams.

I expect the Flames will come last, as the demand isn't that high. We've come last in both the draft review and preview articles.

Rolen 09-23-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 54543839)
If I've counted correctly, HF has yet to do the total prospect rankings for 6 teams.

I expect the Flames will come last, as the demand isn't that high. We've come last in both the draft review and preview articles.

Yup. The bulk of our fan-base resorts to CP, so there's a lot less flames fans on here. Which sucks because of the amount of time we have to wait for some articles to come out.

Ashasx 09-23-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolen (Post 54544015)
Yup. The bulk of our fan-base resorts to CP, so there's a lot less flames fans on here. Which sucks because of the amount of time we have to wait for some articles to come out.

Yeah, but I'm find my sustenance elsewhere.

Prospectus released their rankings a week ago, and while I don't agree with them all, they are interesting reads on our prospects (and they gave the Flames top 10 a while ago).

Noori 09-23-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 54543839)

6 teams? On second review I'm seeing the Flames and the Rangers as the only teams without a top 20 review. Who are the other four teams?

Ashasx 09-24-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noori (Post 54547549)
6 teams? On second review I'm seeing the Flames and the Rangers as the only teams without a top 20 review. Who are the other four teams?

Nashville, St. Louis?, Phoenix?

I can't remember them all for sure, but I thought I counted 6 teams. Most of them in the west.

vsk92 09-25-2012 12:36 PM

Markus Granlund scored his first goal of the season on a penalty shot today :nod:

WhereIsIt 09-28-2012 01:26 AM

If anyone was curious about how good a hitter Sieloff is, please refer to 1:28 of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ilBm...mbedded#at=117

superhakan 09-28-2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad (Post 54632185)
If anyone was curious about how good a hitter Sieloff is, please refer to 1:28 of this video:

I was waiting to see that. Devastating hit.

nogger 09-28-2012 03:53 PM

Holy ****.

Reminded me of Sarich's junior hit.

djf 10-04-2012 10:36 AM

I don't know if he's even with the organization anymore but I thought I should let you guys know that Flames #4 pick 2009 Henrik Björklund is off to great start in the SEL-2 with 12p in 8gp. Looks like he'll have a break out season.

Ashasx 10-04-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djf (Post 54760147)
I don't know if he's even with the organization anymore but I thought I should let you guys know that Flames #4 pick 2009 Henrik Björklund is off to great start in the SEL-2 with 12p in 8gp. Looks like he'll have a break out season.

I think Bjorklund was released by the Flames 2 years ago.

TherapyforGlencross 10-04-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad (Post 54632185)

Great hit, too bad he was thrown out.

Anyways, the first Providence game is on the 12th, hoping there will be a stream link online. What would be a realistic amount of points for Jankowski to get in the NCAA? (Don't know much about the NCAA)

Last note, looks like Ryan Culkin has 7 points in 5 games already with the Quebec Remparts.

Stewie Griffin 10-04-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesrule (Post 54765889)
Great hit, too bad he was thrown out.

Anyways, the first Providence game is on the 12th, hoping there will be a stream link online. What would be a realistic amount of points for Jankowski to get in the NCAA? (Don't know much about the NCAA)

Last note, looks like Ryan Culkin has 7 points in 5 games already with the Quebec Remparts.

Well, as the best player taken in the draft I expect nothing less than PPG. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, 0.5 ppg and top ten in team scoring would be a good start. Depends on his role of course.

superhakan 10-04-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 54769733)
Well, as the best player taken in the draft I expect nothing less than PPG. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, 0.5 ppg and top ten in team scoring would be a good start. Depends on his role of course.

He is expected to have a predominant role in a Providence offence that lacks a lot of weapons. While I don't expect him to go all Johnny Gaudreau, Im hoping for 30ish points in 40ish games. Roughly .75 PPG will be a successful season in my eyes.

Fleury14 10-05-2012 10:09 AM

Providence's highest scorer last year had 25 points for the season, and 4 had over 20 points. So I suspect they'll be a low-scoring team and Jank's numbers won't be that eye-catching.

SmellOfVictory 10-05-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleury14 (Post 54782437)
Providence's highest scorer last year had 25 points for the season, and 4 had over 20 points. So I suspect they'll be a low-scoring team and Jank's numbers won't be that eye-catching.

True, but that's because Providence is just a generally crap team with bad players on it. One would think, even though he's probably raw as can be, his supposed toolset would allow him to lead the team in scoring. My understanding is that he'll be given first unit PP minutes pretty early in his tenure, and he's expected to play a central role in the team's offence.

So Janks might end up getting a lot of goals against while he's on the ice, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him around the .75 PPG mark (I'm secretly hoping for higher than that).

superhakan 10-05-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleury14 (Post 54782437)

Didn't really know their offence is that sad.

My expectations remain the same. Jankowski needs to play a big role in Providences offence and from what I saw at the prospect camp, he is certainly capable of doing it.

BTW I just bought this shirt (waiting for it to arrive), seems like a good place to post a pic.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...233/4uxdno.jpg

bigbadbruins7 10-10-2012 12:54 PM

hey guys. i was the guy who said he went to providence and would provide you guys with updates. i see that there is already some talk about the friars. as one person said since i have been here the friars have not been a very talented team. they have had minimal creativity in their offense in recent years and play more of a grind it out game. I talked to someone in the know and it sounds like they will open up the reins more this year. I have also heard that Jankowski does look raw but shows some really good things. I also heard that Gillies is the starter from the get got. It is his net to lose.

they open their season this friday night against sacred heart. If you see that Gillies had a shut out and Jank had a hat trick dont get too excited. they are horrible. However they do travel to BU on saturday which will be a good test for them.

will do my best to keep you guys updated

Noori 10-10-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 (Post 54889753)
hey guys. i was the guy who said he went to providence and would provide you guys with updates. i see that there is already some talk about the friars. as one person said since i have been here the friars have not been a very talented team. they have had minimal creativity in their offense in recent years and play more of a grind it out game. I talked to someone in the know and it sounds like they will open up the reins more this year. I have also heard that Jankowski does look raw but shows some really good things. I also heard that Gillies is the starter from the get got. It is his net to lose.

they open their season this friday night against sacred heart. If you see that Gillies had a shut out and Jank had a hat trick dont get too excited. they are horrible. However they do travel to BU on saturday which will be a good test for them.

will do my best to keep you guys updated

Thank you. Any and all updates would be appreciated. I'm not even close to being sold on Jankowski so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.