HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2012/2013 Abbotsford Heat Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263269)

Noori 09-22-2012 10:02 PM

2012/2013 Abbotsford Heat Thread

New season, new thread.

Excited to see a bunch of our guys (Bartschi, Reinhart, Ferland) make the jump to pro.

InfinityIggy 09-22-2012 10:51 PM

At least Bartschi wont get "rushed" now? Oh......so sad.

superhakan 09-22-2012 11:47 PM

I think the lock-out could be big for Baertschi. It helped much of the 03 draft class's development and I think it could do the same for him.

Any thoughts on Abbotsfords lines? Guesses?

Sven Baertschi - Ben Walter - Greg Nemisz
Dustin Sylvester - Ben Street - Ryan Howse
Krys Kolanos - Max Reinhart - Akim Aliu
Michael Ferland - Carter Bancks - David Eddy
Gaelan Patterson - Quintin Laing - Paul Byron

Roman Horak - europe
Turner Elson - Red deer

T.J. Brodie - Brett Carson
Chris Breen - Joe Piskula
Brady Lamb - James Martin

Danny Taylor
Barry Brust

We have way too many forwards in Abbotsford.

TheHudlinator 09-23-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superhakan (Post 54522491)
I think the lock-out could be big for Baertschi. It helped much of the 03 draft class's development and I think it could do the same for him.

Any thoughts on Abbotsfords lines? Guesses?

Sven Baertschi - Ben Walter - Greg Nemisz
Dustin Sylvester - Ben Street - Ryan Howse
Krys Kolanos - Max Reinhart - Akim Aliu
Michael Ferland - Carter Bancks - David Eddy
Gaelan Patterson - Quintin Laing - Paul Byron

Roman Horak - europe
Turner Elson - Red deer

T.J. Brodie - Brett Carson
Brady Lamb - James Martin

Danny Taylor
Barry Brust

We have way too many forwards in Abbotsford.

I doubt Syvester cracks the top 6 especially at the cost of Kolanos who was one of the top ahl players last year.

Ashasx 09-23-2012 12:15 PM

Reinhart and Ferland need to play top 6 minutes. This is a development league. They need to develop.

I'm also really high on Lamb after his summer camp. Would be the perfect player along side Brodie.

Sven Baertschi - Ben Walter/Max Reinhart - Krys Kolanos
Michael Ferland - Ben Walter/Max Reinhart - Greg Nemisz
Dustin Sylvester - Paul Byron - Akim Aliu
Ryan Howse - Ben Street - David Eddy

T.J. Brodie - Brady Lamb
Brett Carson - James Martin

Danny Taylor
Barry Brust

I think that's a very good top 6.

Haatley 09-23-2012 12:42 PM

Maybe a stupid question but wont irving be in ahl his season?

Ashasx 09-23-2012 12:55 PM

I think Irving would have to go through waivers. He wasn't sent down when everyone else was sent down.

TheHudlinator 09-23-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 54530715)
I think Irving would have to go through waivers. He wasn't sent down when everyone else was sent down.

I don't believe this is true as there are no waivers currently since waivers are set up under the cba but he may not be eligible to play for another reason.

Ashasx 09-23-2012 01:59 PM

Well, Leland hasn't been sent down, and if he was going down, he'd be there by now.

And there's no reason why he wouldn't be playing if he could.

TheHudlinator 09-23-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 54532363)
Well, Leland hasn't been sent down, and if he was going down, he'd be there by now.

And there's no reason why he wouldn't be playing if he could.

I don't get it either but waivers aren't in effect.

RA9 09-23-2012 03:57 PM

Does anyone have any streams where I can watch games?

MarkGio 09-23-2012 06:09 PM

I was hoping to see Baerstchi play in Abby this year regardless of the lock-out. I didn't want to see Baerstchi rushed.

TheHudlinator 09-23-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 54539381)
I was hoping to see Baerstchi play in Abby this year regardless of the lock-out. I didn't want to see Baerstchi rushed.

I think playing a few months in the Ahl will be good but I think he is ready for the Nhl he isn't the biggest guy but he is extremely smart and skilled. But I like giving him some time to work on his defensive game.

Ashasx 09-23-2012 08:26 PM

Baertschi turns 20 in less than 2 weeks. He's not being rushed.

FlamesFanatic12 09-24-2012 07:12 AM

Sven couldn't hold down a regular top 6 role throuh an entire NHL season imo. So this is better for him, being pretty much the best forward on the team, gettign to play big minutes in all situations, without having the grind of really strong NHL defenses going after you. I honestly think this is the best thing for him.

Fleury14 09-24-2012 11:47 AM

Players that had to go through waivers had to be demoted prior to the CBA expiring (Sept. 15).

Leland could theoretically sign an AHL-only deal to play in the 'A', but I doubt anyone under NHL contract that wasn't demoted prior to the CBA expiration would do that.

Certainly makes more sense why both Taylor and Brust were signed now.

TheHudlinator 09-24-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamesFanatic12 (Post 54550067)
Sven couldn't hold down a regular top 6 role throuh an entire NHL season imo. So this is better for him, being pretty much the best forward on the team, gettign to play big minutes in all situations, without having the grind of really strong NHL defenses going after you. I honestly think this is the best thing for him.

I doubt that would be a problem as he would most likely be used the same way when he was brought up on the third line and playing on the pp.

flameaholic 09-26-2012 12:31 PM

Training camp schedule and roster has been announced. In total 44 players have been invited to camp, out of which only 22 (50%) are under contract with the Flames.

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/news/?article_id=125

Still don't understand why Irving wasn't sent down. None of the 4 goalies in camp - Danny Taylor, Grant Rollheiser, Barry Brust, Alex Evin - are Flames prospects.

TheHudlinator 09-26-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameaholic (Post 54598417)
Training camp schedule and roster has been announced. In total 44 players have been invited to camp, out of which only 22 (50%) are under contract with the Flames.

http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/news/?article_id=125

Still don't understand why Irving wasn't sent down. None of the 4 goalies in camp - Danny Taylor, Grant Rollheiser, Barry Brust, Alex Evin - are Flames prospects.

Perhaps the Flames want Irving to play over seas?

Stewie Griffin 09-26-2012 02:29 PM

Re: Irving
Quote:

No Leland Irving at this point. He is on a two-way deal this season and may not have made it through waivers, stated a Heat press release.
Read more: http://www.abbotsfordtimes.com/sport...#ixzz27bcmrIZG

I'm surprised Horak isn't going to Europe.

flameaholic 09-27-2012 05:48 PM

Irving added to Abbotsford training camp roster

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=642333

TheHudlinator 09-27-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameaholic (Post 54624605)

Good he really needs to improve this year.

Stewie Griffin 09-28-2012 08:42 AM

Doesn't say anything about Irving actually playing, just that he's attending their training camp.

I thought he might have to clear waivers but with no CBA, there is no such thing right now, I suppose...

Fleury14 09-28-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 54634041)
Doesn't say anything about Irving actually playing, just that he's attending their training camp.

I thought he might have to clear waivers but with no CBA, there is no such thing right now, I suppose...

would have to sign an AHL-only contract to play, like Palushaj has done with the Habs.

StreakingRed 09-30-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirouxFlamesFan (Post 54536073)
Does anyone have any streams where I can watch games?

This, please!