HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2012 Stampeders Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263273)

Noori 09-22-2012 10:03 PM

2012 Stampeders Thread

Discuss.

StreakingRed 09-26-2012 07:42 PM

Tate will dress in friday's game as the 3rd string QB. Great news in what was a fairly speedy recovery.

Huge game on friday. After a weak performance in Saskatchewan, I want to see a hungry team come out and beat the Eskimos.

There will be a half-time tribute to Lewis, too.

Johnny Hoxville 09-28-2012 10:38 PM

Cornish is a total stud. He's gonna win the rushing title this year barring injury. Quite the accomplishment for a Canadian back. I think he's the best tailback in the CFL and its not even close.

StreakingRed 09-30-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 54649975)
Cornish is a total stud. He's gonna win the rushing title this year barring injury. Quite the accomplishment for a Canadian back. I think he's the best tailback in the CFL and its not even close.

Yeah, he's a good one.

Huge win this weekend, with a piece of 1st in the West up for grabs next week. Looks good so far.

With all the injuries this team has had and currently has this year, the fact that we are in the position we're in, without our starting QB - a lot of credit has to be given to Hufnagel. Right now there's not a more deserving candidate for CoY.

Johnny Hoxville 10-01-2012 02:36 PM

I'm on fence about Tate. I was never a huge Glenn fan, but he has been playing well and consistent. Its great that Tate is ahead of schedule, but Glenn has been playing well and winning, I think you have to ride him unless he struggles down the stretch and then you make the switch. I think doing otherwise sends the wrong message to the team and could cause division in the lockerroom.

StreakingRed 10-01-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 54699243)
I'm on fence about Tate. I was never a huge Glenn fan, but he has been playing well and consistent. Its great that Tate is ahead of schedule, but Glenn has been playing well and winning, I think you have to ride him unless he struggles down the stretch and then you make the switch.

I disagree. I say go with Tate, who is our starter. There's a reason he came out of camp as the #1, and he shouldn't lose that due to injury. Glenn has done an excellent job filling in, and because of that the stampeders have the luxury of being able to take their time with Tate. But when he's 100% good to go, it's his team.

Johnny Hoxville 10-02-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 54707881)
I disagree. I say go with Tate, who is our starter. There's a reason he came out of camp as the #1, and he shouldn't lose that due to injury. Glenn has done an excellent job filling in, and because of that the stampeders have the luxury of being able to take their time with Tate. But when he's 100% good to go, it's his team.

That's initially how I felt to. But you hear guys like Lewis and others singing Glenn's praise all the time. If Tate comes in and starts and then loses the game I think that situation has the potential to hurt some of the chemistry this team has going. I think everyone knows this is Tate's team, personally I would wait for an opportunity where Glenn has an off game or even a off half and then put Tate in. If he lights up the opposing team right away then I would stick with him for the duration of the season.

I just think its hard to sit Glenn with how well he's been doing.

StreakingRed 10-05-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 54715091)
But you hear guys like Lewis and others singing Glenn's praise all the time.

As they very well should be. Glenn has pretty much saved the season for the Stampeders. With Tate going down in week 2, could imagine where this team would be without Glenn? He's done a fantastic job of coming in and playing his role. Not only that, but he's done it with a great attitude about it.

Johnny Hoxville 10-05-2012 10:38 PM

Totally, Glenn has done everything and more that could of been asked of him this season. I was never a huge Glenn fan, but he's been pretty dam solid all year. Anyways, its a good problem to be in.

SR, who's your favorite NFL teams?

StreakingRed 10-06-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 54798857)
SR, who's your favorite NFL teams?

I'm a Vikings fan.

It's not any easier than being a Flames fan. :laugh:

Good start to this year, though.

Johnny Hoxville 10-06-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 54813483)
I'm a Vikings fan.

It's not any easier than being a Flames fan. :laugh:

Good start to this year, though.

Lol, no doubt! But they look to have a pretty solid future I think.

Personally I've always liked the Cowboys since I was a teenager in the 90's. I was a huge Smith and Irving fan along with Novacek and Haley. I also like the Steelers a lot as I love their style of football they play. Should be a good season.

StreakingRed 10-20-2012 10:27 PM

Crazy ending to tonight's game, as the Stampeders win due to a botched FG by the Tiger-Cats. Glad we got the win, despite Glenn's best efforts to give the game away.

Home playoff game booked! :yo:

Johnny Hoxville 10-21-2012 07:38 PM

You have to be good to be lucky, and we were on the lucky end of the stick for this weeks game. To me, the only real competition for the Stamps in the West is the Lions. Maybe Tate is the guy to put us over the edge. It'll be an interesting end to the season.

Johnny Hoxville 10-21-2012 10:18 PM

You have to be good to be lucky, and we were on the lucky end of the stick for this weeks game. To me, the only real competition for the Stamps in the West is the Lions. Maybe Tate is the guy to put us over the edge. It'll be an interesting end to the season.

StreakingRed 10-22-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 55174657)
Maybe Tate is the guy to put us over the edge. It'll be an interesting end to the season.

Hufnagel confirmed that Tate will be getting some playing time in the final two games, so that's good news. If he looks to be 100%, you gotta start him in the playoffs.

Johnny Hoxville 10-27-2012 11:50 AM

Awesome win for the Stamps last night. Even though that was a "nothing" game (which is BS), its huge for our guys and their confidence. The Stamps have so many weapons at their disposal that its kind of ridiculous. There's no question the West is the superior division over the East, whoever comes out of the West will be favorite for the Grey Cup. I'm liking our odds.

I'm actually glad that we've been able to have 2 home games with bad weather. That's gonna give us an edge for our home playoff game.

StreakingRed 10-27-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 55320533)
I'm actually glad that we've been able to have 2 home games with bad weather. That's gonna give us an edge for our home playoff game.

I was just thinking this last night during the game. Playing in this cold weather and coming out with wins in both games was the best thing that could have happened to us, heading into the WSF. Already got my tix, I'm stoked for that game!

StreakingRed 11-02-2012 11:48 PM

Congrats to Jon Cornish on breaking the 56-year-old single season rushing record by a Canadian tonight. :yo:

NastyNinoSays 11-03-2012 12:05 AM

Congrats Cornish, The Esks are lucky they lost. the crossover is the better scenario for them. Stamps will be tough.

StreakingRed 11-03-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llb9977 (Post 55481965)
Congrats Cornish, The Esks are lucky they lost. the crossover is the better scenario for them. Stamps will be tough.

Are the Eskimos expected to start Nichols or Joseph in the ESF?

BrandonL 11-04-2012 10:56 PM

Took the Stamps at the beginning of the season to win the grey cup at 6 to 1 odds.

Been on the bandwagon all season, hoping the boys can start strong on Sunday and not allow the Riders to get any momentum going.

Also hoping that Glenn is named the starter for the playoffs. I think he is their best chance to win right now. I would keep the leash pretty short though. If Glenn is off on the first few possesions, make the change.

StreakingRed 11-06-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonlee (Post 55533115)
Also hoping that Glenn is named the starter for the playoffs. I think he is their best chance to win right now. I would keep the leash pretty short though. If Glenn is off on the first few possesions, make the change.

Confirmed today that Tate will start. I think Hufnagel made the right call.

SaintAnton 11-07-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreakingRed (Post 55581539)
Confirmed today that Tate will start. I think Hufnagel made the right call.

I agree can't lose your job to injury and Glenn's had turnover problems which is the only way we will lose this game.

StreakingRed 11-07-2012 12:20 PM

Cornish has been named the West Divisionís finalist for both the MOP and MOC awards. :yo:

Johnny Hoxville 11-07-2012 02:54 PM

I think it must of been a hard decision to make the call on the starting QB because a strong case could of been made for either one. However, I trust Huff as he's sees these guys every day in practice and he's gonna go with the guy who is gonna give the Stamps their best chance to win.

Also a huge congrats to Cornish, guy is a total beast and deserves the accolades to go along with it.

GO STAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!