HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Stacked AHL Teams (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263501)

playasRus 09-23-2012 04:38 PM

Stacked AHL Teams

I've noticed a few Senators fans think the Bingo team is a lot deeper due to the NHL lockout has sent guys like Cowen/Silf/Zib down to our AHL team. I can't help to think that some teams around the league have got even better talent down in the A due to the lockout. What're your farm teams looking like?

SLAPSHOT723 09-23-2012 04:41 PM

Bridgeport and obviously OKC.

Gentle Jake Virtanen 09-23-2012 04:56 PM

The Barons for sure.

Apart from RNH, Eberle and Justin Schultz, they've got 2011-12 AHL top goaltender Yann Danis, AHL all-star Alex Plante on D, a myriad of reliable veterans like Josh Green and Dane Byers, and lots more young guys including Paajarvi, Hartikainen and Teubert.

They were already the second best team last season. Can't imagine what they'll be like this season.

FinRuutu 09-23-2012 05:11 PM

I would be interested to watch Houston Aeros.

BayStBullies 09-23-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerine (Post 54537671)
The Barons for sure.

Apart from RNH, Eberle and Justin Schultz, they've got 2011-12 AHL top goaltender Yann Danis, AHL all-star Alex Plante on D, a myriad of reliable veterans like Josh Green and Dane Byers, and lots more young guys including Paajarvi, Hartikainen and Teubert.

They were already the second best team last season. Can't imagine what they'll be like this season.

Meh. Marlies beat them in 5.

Last I checked; the playoff finalists are the two best teams. A team that was beat by one of them on the way to the finals; is hardly better.

You're probably going by season standings; the Marlies were only 3 points back. I think beating the Barons 4-1 in the playoffs more than makes up for that.

Insert your excuses now...

SauceHockey 09-23-2012 05:26 PM

Many of them will have great 1st lines

HarveySpecter 09-23-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayStBullies (Post 54538247)

Last I checked; the playoff finalists are the two best teams. A team that was beat by one of them on the way to the finals; is hardly better.

You're probably going by season standings; the Marlies were only 3 points back. I think beating the Barons 4-1 in the playoffs more than makes up for that.

They aren't the same teams at all.. was Binghamton the best team last year? no because teams get better and worst every year. Did the Barons have rnh, hall and ebs last year? No they didn't

rypper 09-23-2012 05:33 PM

Obligatory homer vote for my team's farm team. Go Wolves!

stryfe604 09-23-2012 05:35 PM

Can't argue last years champs, now Syracuse.

puckfan13 09-23-2012 05:39 PM

Well obviously everyone is talking about OKC but how many players is Norfolk returning and aren't they going to get Connolly and Namestnikov? Those are probably the two teams to watch right? People in AHL cities probably have a better idea.

Ceremony 09-23-2012 05:41 PM

No idea who's playing for the Monsters this year. The Avalanche haven't seen fit to tell us proles who's going to play in the AHL next season (though Landeskog isn't, sadly).

Dellstrom 09-23-2012 05:42 PM

Spooner-Seguin-Knight would have been a killer first line if playoff games didn't count for the AHL waiver rule... Don't go too far past that, though. :laugh:

Tanner Glass 09-23-2012 05:44 PM

If the Whale keep up their form from the playoffs, and some of the youth coming in pan out, they can be a contender

Roo Mad Bro 09-23-2012 05:50 PM

Couturier and Schenn will be playing in Adirondack this year.

AZcoyotes 09-23-2012 05:59 PM

Will Oliver Ekman-Larsson be the best defender in the AHL this year?

tarheelhockey 09-23-2012 06:06 PM

Skinner and Faulk are going down to a Charlotte team that already has a lot of pseudo-NHL'ers like Boychuk, Sanguinetti, Dalpe and the ECHL's best goalie from last year in John Muse.

ThaDevilGirl 09-23-2012 06:13 PM

Habs don't have stars going down to Hamilton but Palushaj, Leblanc and Geoffrion will help the many youngsters who are turning pro, even though they're mostly defencemen.

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE 09-23-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

That was last year.

With RNH,Eberle,J.Schultz, and Hall down the road the Marlies won't have a chance against OKC.

Banana Sandwiches 09-23-2012 06:33 PM

Albany has Henrique, Larsson, Tedenby, and Josefson.

Bryanbryoil 09-23-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Second best regular season team then, happy now? Who are the Marlies adding;bringing back this year? Gardiner, Frattin, and who else?

Prophet Kadri 09-23-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young (Post 54539775)
That was last year.

With RNH,Eberle,J.Schultz, and Hall down the road the Marlies won't have a chance against OKC.

OKC are basically Oilers light.

So I expect them to finish 30th overall.

But its seriously BS that Eberle is allowed to play in the AHL. There shouldn't be any NHL all-stars playing. RNH I can understand but Eberle should go to Europe.

Hall will get injured halfway, Schultz is equal to or less than Gardiner. The Marlies also have a few NHL ready players playing.

Nazem Gretzky 09-23-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 54540569)
Second best regular season team then, happy now? Who are the Marlies adding;bringing back this year? Gardiner, Frattin, and who else?

Gardiner, Frattin, Kadri, Colborne, AHL All-star Keith Aucoin, Mike Zigomanis, Mike Kostka, Korbinian Holzer

Big McLargehuge 09-23-2012 07:17 PM

WBS was looking like a top-of-the-standings team before all of this...but not now. Too many professional rookies and not enough NHLers.

Vasculio 09-23-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 54539459)
Habs don't have stars going down to Hamilton but Palushaj, Leblanc and Geoffrion will help the many youngsters who are turning pro, even though they're mostly defencemen.

I get the impression that the Bulldogs will have a really hard time against a lot of teams this season, and IMO, it's the best thing that could happen to the plethora of young players we'll have there. I hope to eat crows though, that would be even better :nod:

Pyrophorus 09-23-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young (Post 54539775)
That was last year.

I thought defense usually gets you further.