HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   TV: Arrow (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263535)

David71 09-23-2012 07:02 PM

Arrow

what do you guys think of this new showing coming october 10 on weds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZqre-k8N_8

imo it looks pretty awesome.

PierreMcGuire* 09-24-2012 02:01 AM

Looking forward to it. Always enjoy seeing comics come to life on TV.

SK13 09-24-2012 04:32 AM

Getting good buzz. Much more grounded and realistic than previous attempts (Smallville in particular).

I really dislike the changes for changes sake, though. I mean, really, Starling City? Laurel Lance? Why?

Starscream 09-24-2012 01:15 PM

I can't wait, this looks like it will be really good

MeowLeafs 09-24-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK13 (Post 54549227)
Getting good buzz. Much more grounded and realistic than previous attempts (Smallville in particular).

I really dislike the changes for changes sake, though. I mean, really, Starling City? Laurel Lance? Why?

I assume it's because Starling City is less ridiculous then Star City. And Laurel is probable to distinguish between mother/daughter.

SK13 09-24-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeowLeafs (Post 54555641)
I assume it's because Starling City is less ridiculous then Star City. And Laurel is probable to distinguish between mother/daughter.

In no way do I see how Starling City is less "ridiculous" than Star City. It sounds worse, IMO.

And Laurel Lance... no, they just have a no superpower rule, and they don't want the Canary question over their heads.

MeowLeafs 09-24-2012 07:41 PM

I think Starling City is less ridiculous then Star City. Both are still stupid names though.

beowulf 09-24-2012 08:26 PM

Interesting, looks more grownup than Smalllville, less teen romance.

Neely2005 09-26-2012 09:56 AM

Why didn't they just use the actor that played the Green Arrow on Smallville? I thought that he did a really good job.

Shadowtron 09-26-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely2005 (Post 54594967)
Why didn't they just use the actor that played the Green Arrow on Smallville? I thought that he did a really good job.

My guess is because Arrow is not, as far as I know, connected to Smallville in any way.

Shadowtron 09-26-2012 10:56 AM

I'm definitely gonna check it out, but I'm not optimistic. With the exception of Smallville, these superhero shows have left a bad taste in my mouth. The Arrow trailers, for some reason, remind me of the Cape and that show just made me cringe from start to finish hehehe. We'll see though.

soya_sauce_chicken 09-26-2012 11:51 AM

i'll check it out, but i may not stay long because based off the trailer he has some horrible acting skills

a a ron 10-10-2012 08:08 PM

just started

SignThornton 10-10-2012 10:33 PM

I'm gonna check it out later tonight on ktla. It looks interesting.

SK13 10-10-2012 10:56 PM

Wish he had more of the patented GA humor, but I liked the tone of the episode and I especially appreciated that he doesn't necessarily have a "no killing" rule.

metric 10-10-2012 11:03 PM

Better than I expected.

SignThornton 10-10-2012 11:45 PM

I'm still watching it, it's not too bad. The action is good. Laurel is naive to think he's being honest about everything.

PierreMcGuire* 10-11-2012 01:49 AM

Really enjoyed the pilot, then again I eat up the comic book stuff, and rather enjoy comic to TV adaptations.

KaylaJ 10-11-2012 02:15 AM

I thought it was pretty neat and I knew next to nothing about it going in. Pretty action filled for the first show.

Honour Over Glory 10-11-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK13 (Post 54549227)

Uh, they used her middle name...as for Starling City, I guess it just sounds less lame than Star City. I mean really, if you want this show to go a more realistic approach, would you want a fruity name like Star City as the setting?

You have Canary and the female Speedy set up if this series go far, a few things have to change to make it to the screen and I'm ok with this as a long time comic book nerd.

Honour Over Glory 10-11-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soya_sauce_chicken (Post 54596669)
i'll check it out, but i may not stay long because based off the trailer he has some horrible acting skills

Really, you base performances off trailers? Lol, you must not watch anything then.

He's actually fairly decent of an actor, I thought he was funny in Hung, which was the only other thing I saw the guy in and he did a good job in that show. In the pilot episode, he seemed to do a decent job as well, for me, the show seemed too "Batman-ish" with him playing up to his partying ways to keep up his previous persona but toned down a little. But I am hoping it's just the Pilot episode that's like that and they get better at this. It takes a few episodes to hit a proper stride...I'll give this one at least 6 episodes.

Freedomov76 10-11-2012 08:21 AM

Glad to hear it was pretty good. I only caught the first 10 minutes and had to bail for another engagement, going to check out the rest very soon.

SK13 10-11-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory (Post 54905505)
Uh, they used her middle name...as for Starling City, I guess it just sounds less lame than Star City. I mean really, if you want this show to go a more realistic approach, would you want a fruity name like Star City as the setting?

You have Canary and the female Speedy set up if this series go far, a few things have to change to make it to the screen and I'm ok with this as a long time comic book nerd.

Before the episode, they claimed they dropped the Dinah for good. Although they surprised me by having the ********* call her "Dinah Laurel Lance". I still think they should refer to her as Dinah.

They've sent mixed messages over Canary so far. They have a no superpowers rule, but I guess Canary was also an expert martial artist by the time she adopted the identity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory (Post 54905515)

He's actually fairly decent of an actor, I thought he was funny in Hung, which was the only other thing I saw the guy in and he did a good job in that show. In the pilot episode, he seemed to do a decent job as well, for me, the show seemed too "Batman-ish" with him playing up to his partying ways to keep up his previous persona but toned down a little. But I am hoping it's just the Pilot episode that's like that and they get better at this. It takes a few episodes to hit a proper stride...I'll give this one at least 6 episodes.

As much as I like Green Arrow, he is a straight up Batman rip-off. That hasn't changed in years of publication, so it won't change in six episodes.

SK13 10-18-2012 03:17 PM

Last nights episode was pretty solid (again).

Rating was a 1.3, held on to it's pilot audience (which was already the highest rated CW pilot since 2009). Full season pick-up guaranteed.

PierreMcGuire* 10-18-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK13 (Post 55088255)
Last nights episode was pretty solid (again).

Rating was a 1.3, held on to it's pilot audience (which was already the highest rated CW pilot since 2009). Full season pick-up guaranteed.

Awesome. I'm really enjoying it thus far.