HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   STH'ers...column 1,2, or 3? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263735)

adam graves 09-24-2012 10:31 AM

STH'ers...column 1,2, or 3?

Whats everyone picking and why? thx.

k2737 09-24-2012 10:57 AM

Between 1 & 2. If I had hope they would make it to the playoffs again it would be 1...but will probably just go with 2.

snipes007 09-24-2012 11:49 AM

Even though the wife and I had gone back and forth whether we should just outright ask to cancel our season, we decided to stay on. Option one for us. 20-game plan.

adam graves 09-24-2012 12:39 PM

Im shocked at option 3. If you ask for a refund, they wont renew your seats? you go to market price? lol rofl.

You hook us into signing early so we have playoff tkts, then you threaten us that if YOU strike, and we want our $$ back for unused games, then WE lose our seats/ pricing????

Like theyll be a huge demand after a strike.

Jeez. Someone correct me where I a m wrong.

GoRatsGo 09-24-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 54554961)
Im shocked at option 3. If you ask for a refund, they wont renew your seats? you go to market price? lol rofl.

You hook us into signing early so we have playoff tkts, then you threaten us that if YOU strike, and we want our $$ back for unused games, then WE lose our seats/ pricing????

I completely agree. Makes no sense to me from a customer service point of view. If games that were promised are cancelled, a refund should be a no-penalty option.

This is my first year as a STH, and since I have upper bowl/end zone seats (the cheap seats), I chose option one.

Here's to hoping we don't lose the whole season. :help:

Pantherfan12 09-24-2012 02:34 PM

I'm about to choose option 4, and say bye bye. It's very hard because I've been a SSH for 8 years or so, and my seats are upper but.. money is tight and I decided to work extra hard so I could renew my seats, and now they want to play games with the CBA and then give us options as though we're being penalized? What kind of joke is this? After 10 years of being loyal fans to a team that had a mix of p**s poor management,ownership, coaches, and players we finally get something to look forward too, and NOW they want to treat us badly for asking for our money back???

angry_treefrog 09-24-2012 03:33 PM

AG - can you please edit your post so as to explain to others what the three options are.

k2737 09-24-2012 04:10 PM

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2012/9/...n-plan-lockout

That breaks down the three options...

Coolburn 09-24-2012 04:35 PM

I'm leaning towards option 1 with the 10% credit. I was probably gonna downgrade to a smaller plan after this season from a full season to half season or less. This way when I downgrade, I wont be paying much out of pocket (which was why I was downgrading anyway).

PBPantherfan 09-24-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 54554961)

I'm sorry but for what I've shelled out to this franchise to get a letter saying if you want your money back because there is no season is a slap in the face. Basically they want me to float them an interest free loan. So I am picking option 3. I'm tired of the crap this front office group pulls and if too many games are lost I'm done as a season ticket holder. I'll go the stub hub route. :help:

angry_treefrog 09-24-2012 10:04 PM

Does this organization have focus groups where they ask, "If you were a long time season ticket holder, what could we possibly do to really piss you off?"

1. Where are the free jerseys I was promised when I renewed my tickets? I guess I don't get those until they decide to get around to giving me the other product (i.e. hockey) that I paid for several months ago?

2. I will not be going with option #3 because of the poison pill they stuck in it. I have stuck with a **** team for a decade because I wanted to see them turn in around *in my seats*. Now when they finally turn the corner they threaten to boot me if I don't lend them money for a few months? Nice. Great way to build brand loyalty.

It's okay though. I'll respond the way I did the last time they slapped me in the face. I simply won't spend a dime at the arena next season (whenever the hell that is). Last year I easily spent thousands in non ticket related items (food, beer, jerseys, candy for kids, etc.). That will go down to $0 next season.

To be honest with you, I am so thoroughly disgusted with the abject stupidity and hubris of the parties involved (especially the owners) that I don't really give a flying puck at this point if and when they ever get around to playing hockey again.

KittysGotClaws 09-24-2012 10:13 PM

As a former season seat owner, I sympathize with all that's being said in here. Definitely nothing but great points. Especially love ATF's last post. All so true.

Thunderheart 09-25-2012 12:36 PM

Selected Option 1, after the last strike I downgraded to 13 Game package from Full Package (400 seats)...no where lower to go except individual tickets but I like my current seats too much (first row Club (4 seat row) corner Shoot twice zone).
Thunderheart

blackpanthers 09-25-2012 01:08 PM

I selected option 3. They even called me to ask if I understood what my selection meant. I told them I understood they might cancel my seats and I'll have to buy them at market price when there is hockey which is fine with me since after the last lockout market price went down. I also questioned whether he thought it was a good idea to alienate die hard fans with this threat in a market where they have trouble pulling people in the doors. If the season is lost I will have to think long and hard about whether I buy season tickets whenever it starts back up.

PBPantherfan 09-25-2012 06:24 PM

I just read through my season seat holder agreement I see nothing in there that says I have to accept a partial refund in case of cancelled games. So my question is if they miss any games can I ask for and get all of my money back? I only ask because the more I think about the threat in option 3 the more it pisses me off. I really don't do well with threats. :rant: What I am wondering is are they pushing for people to take option 1, 2, or 3 because there is nothing in the season seat holder agreement and they are trying to cover their ass. Because by getting you to agree to one of the options the force you to accept a partial season when you could get a refund other wise. Man I despise Yorkman.

5 Hole 09-25-2012 06:54 PM

To be honest, I don't see the point of getting season tickets/plans anymore. I did it for a few years and, IMO, it's just not worth it. The cheapest seats work out to $73 per game... you can do more with $73 on game day in the parking lot than a ticket plan. I understand it's not exactly the same and all, and there's risk involved, but that's my program now.

Boooooth10 09-25-2012 07:16 PM

Panthers screwing over STHs. Is it really that time again?

Slick Cat 09-25-2012 10:02 PM

The way they threatened us with option three is insulting. They are desperate to not have to return moneys and they are using scare tactics. What a way to treat your fans, absolutely disgusting.

Option three all the way and if they try to move my seats or change my price, see yah.......... They'll never get a penny from me again.

Coolburn 09-26-2012 05:32 AM

One of the reasons I was leaning towards letting them keep my money is because I am hoping it will help keep them from laying more people off from their jobs while the lockout is on-going. Just something for people to think about that are complaining about the threat of option 3 (which annoyed me too) and what we all think of Yorkman, etc.

Coolburn 09-26-2012 11:24 AM

Interesting tidbit in the Sentinel regarding the options and how other NHL teams are handling the lockout for STHs:
Quote:

The NHL has left it up to each team to set its own policy for handling ticket money during the lockout. The Minnesota Wild are also offering a 10 percent credit on canceled games that can be applied to future games.

Other teams arenít allowing nearly as much for the inconvenience. The Washington Capitals are offering 1 percent interest on funds for game that are not played. Most are offering between 1 and 5 percent interest to those who leave ticket money with the team.

Buffalo Sabres ticket-holders can opt for a 4 percent interest credit or a refund, which will be paid at the beginning of each month for games canceled the previous month. No mention of any punitive repercussions or loss of standing for those who simply want their money back for lost games.
Source: http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/b...out_ticke.html

jol 09-26-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 54593533)
One of the reasons I was leaning towards letting them keep my money is because I am hoping it will help keep them from laying more people off from their jobs while the lockout is on-going. Just something for people to think about that are complaining about the threat of option 3 (which annoyed me too) and what we all think of Yorkman, etc.

I think they still would layoff people. Same way as Heat did two years ago, they sold out all the tickets and then promptly laid off sales people, no work to be done.

JOL

flapanthersfan 09-28-2012 02:01 AM

you guys do realize that option #1 is 10% interest and option #2 is 5% interest....right?

these are probably two of the most fan-friendly options being offered by any NHL teams. i don't even see why they had to "threaten" us with option #3. unless you're absolutely desperate for cash now, and/or aren't planning to renew in 13-14', i don't see any reason anyone would be so stupid to not choose option #1 or 2. no bank is going to give you 10% interest on your $$....obviously.

quit complaining and take the money...sheesh. :shakehead

5 Hole 09-28-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolburn (Post 54593533)
One of the reasons I was leaning towards letting them keep my money is because I am hoping it will help keep them from laying more people off from their jobs while the lockout is on-going.

Can I have $100? Times are tough.

angry_treefrog 09-28-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flapanthersfan (Post 54632417)
you guys do realize that option #1 is 10% interest and option #2 is 5% interest....right?

these are probably two of the most fan-friendly options being offered by any NHL teams. i don't even see why they had to "threaten" us with option #3. unless you're absolutely desperate for cash now, and/or aren't planning to renew in 13-14', i don't see any reason anyone would be so stupid to not choose option #1 or 2. no bank is going to give you 10% interest on your $$....obviously.

quit complaining and take the money...sheesh. :shakehead

They aren't giving me anything. They are holding my money and giving me nothing in return except for a promise of future return. In short, I am giving the Panthers a loan.

What bank would give the Panthers a loan WITHOUT COLLATERAL at less than 5% interest? None.

flapanthersfan 09-29-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 54647759)
They aren't giving me anything. They are holding my money and giving me nothing in return except for a promise of future return. In short, I am giving the Panthers a loan.

What bank would give the Panthers a loan WITHOUT COLLATERAL at less than 5% interest? None.

who the hell cares? i'm not a bank. don't give a damn about what the panthers are doing with my money. if they promise me 10% interest within a year... i'll be saving/making money. a hell of alot more than i would be with any bank

like i said - unless you need the money RIGHT NOW and/or aren't planning to renew in 2013-2014, there's no reason to not take option 1 or 2. if you're strapped for cash and/or don't want to commit to next season...then it's a different story.