HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Fake Canucks Season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1263829)

Kid_Roll 09-24-2012 03:17 PM

Fake Canucks Season

Update: For all Live Streaming Games, go HERE to watch: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...ke_hockey.html

It's simple mindless fun, where usually 70-120 show up and watch fake hockey and basically try and deal with the depression of no hockey together. Production value is pretty good though IMO. We currently have some lag issues due to my internet provider lying about how much upload speed our plan has (supposed to be 2mbps, but in reality is 450kbps), but we are working on that.

For all previous Fake Sports Centre shows, in case you just want the fake highlights, please visit my YouTube channel! Yay! http://www.youtube.com/user/TheStanchion

Anyhoo, carry on, as you were.

Hey folks, I have started doing a Fake Canucks season that will mirror the games the Canucks should have been playing. I think some of you might get a kick out of it, so I thought I would post the video here:

Basically just a fun way to try and give us some Canucks action while the lockout drags on.

Yay! Or nay! Either or, tis up to you.

But if you don't like it, you're a big jerk. JERK!

parabola 09-24-2012 03:20 PM

I expected this to be hilarious much like everything else you do. But you have no enthusiasm in your voice, was hard to find it interesting or funny.

You should stick to photoshops.

EDIT: Yes i'm a jerk, deal with it.

Kid_Roll 09-24-2012 03:25 PM

Mah god. Harsh words.

Tis pre-season, I will save the amped up voice for regular season. Jerk.

KidCanuck* 09-24-2012 03:30 PM

Fake Daniel bulked up in the off season, he's coming for Fake Duncan Keith :banghead:

Mr. Canucklehead 09-24-2012 03:31 PM

You're providing PBP as well?

I'll definitely have to give this a view/listen at home.

Kid_Roll 09-24-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 54557373)
You're providing PBP as well?

I'll definitely have to give this a view/listen at home.

I edited in as if it was a sportscast, yeah. Very rough work, I have never done it before. Took a million re-takes hahaha.

Vankiller Whale 09-24-2012 04:18 PM

Fake Kassian's looking really good. Hopefully he shows the same chemistry with the Sedins in real life.

I enjoyed watching it, thanks.

ddawg1950 09-24-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid_Roll (Post 54557107)
Hey folks, I have started doing a Fake Canucks season that will mirror the games the Canucks should have been playing. I think some of you might get a kick out of it, so I thought I would post the video here:

Basically just a fun way to try and give us some Canucks action while the lockout drags on.

Yay! Or nay! Either or, tis up to you.

But if you don't like it, you're a big jerk. JERK!

I enjoyed it.

Just remember, Those that can, do.

Those that can't...become Global Moderators.

Intoewsables 09-24-2012 05:10 PM

Might just be my intense craving for hockey but I found this pretty entertaining. :laugh:

Are you planning on doing an entire fake Canucks season? Not to be a parabola but I think people would lose interest in that pretty quickly. Good work nonetheless.

Kid_Roll 09-24-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intoewsables (Post 54559329)
Might just be my intense craving for hockey but I found this pretty entertaining. :laugh:

Are you planning on doing an entire fake Canucks season? Not to be a parabola, but I think people would lose interest in that pretty quickly. Good work nonetheless.

Entire fake season, yeah, but each one won't be as long of a video. That one just took a while because I was adding commercials to it and stuff.

Things I plan on doing to keep it fun:

- Polls on if a trade that is offered to the Canucks should be accepted or not
- Holding some sort of contest to see who gets to set the Canucks lineup for the night "Coach the Team for the Day!"
- Couple of other things up my sleeve if it works out.

So yeah, I hope I don't end up doing a whole season (as that means the lockout went on too long) but I hope I can keep it fresh enough for a 1-6 week stint if need be. If I feel it's dragging on, I will pull back. Worst case scenario, it's pretty easy for people to skip out on watching a 4 minute video every other day if they grow tired of it, I won't spam promote any of them after this initial one.

It's a work in progress!

vanuck 09-24-2012 05:48 PM

"No call from the refs, proving that even refs in the fake league suck as well."

:laugh:

Good work!

lush 09-24-2012 06:02 PM

Up until reading this thread I was doing a great job of suppressing my feelings on NHL hockey this season, but after realizing that if it weren't for the lockout pre-season games would have already begun I got sad.

I in the Eye 09-24-2012 06:16 PM

I liked it because I didn't realize how great the new generation of EA hockey games are... Pretty incredible.

The play-by-play needs some early, cheezy Don Taylor EA sports play-by-play quotes... for nostalgic reasons... "I'm just a boy scratching an itch"... Homage to the early innovators...

Royal Canuck 09-24-2012 07:11 PM

Your dry humour was nothing short of fantastic. :laugh:

The presentation could use some work, especially with fading out the game sounds into your voice.

But Good start.

Elusive Derposaurus 09-24-2012 07:13 PM

It was pretty good, especially with editing. Look forward to watching the whole season if it does come. At least I'll get a fake taste of my fake canucks :p

ihaveyuidonttouchme 09-24-2012 07:39 PM

You should do a full 60min(20min/period real time) game pbp with intermission interviews...yeah!

PS. that was awsome :D

StrictlyCommercial 09-24-2012 07:41 PM

Enjoyed, really brought back those frustrated emotions that the Canucks so often inspire.

Kid_Roll 09-24-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 54561677)
Your dry humour was nothing short of fantastic. :laugh:

The presentation could use some work, especially with fading out the game sounds into your voice.

But Good start.

That was my biggest frustration, was the in and out of the mic going off. I don't have an expensive set up, so it stands out. Ugh.

I was pondering putting a quiet low techno beat in the background like they do on Sportsnet, to try and detract from the silence/mic stuff. I will work on it and see what I can do.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Glad you got a kick out of it. God knows how long I can keep it up, but I will try!

And glad one person liked my more dry delivery, that's more of who I am in real life, so I stuck with that, rather than going all out over the top emotion crazy style. Stick to what you are and all that.

npham 09-24-2012 09:12 PM

This is the closest we will see to actual hockey this year, ie 2012, so it still pisses me off that we lost! LOL

Reverend Mayhem 09-24-2012 09:51 PM

Loved it keep 'er coming.

Did I hear Kassian "Bernier'd" the puck wide? Cause I'm pretty sure I laughed too hard at that.

Royal Canuck 09-24-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveyuidonttouchme (Post 54562293)
You should do a full 60min(20min/period real time) game pbp with intermission interviews...yeah!

PS. that was awsome :D

You know how much memory that would take up and how long it would take to put on YouTube?

kmad 09-24-2012 09:56 PM

you should submit these to ***********/r/canucks

LiquidSnake 09-24-2012 10:59 PM

I liked this. Well done!

archangel archangel 09-24-2012 11:47 PM

someone has a fake twitter account in place for the season already

crazy Kassian 09-24-2012 11:52 PM

Man I'm sick of this team being lead by the Sedins...

I know it's only pre-season but I think it's time for a change.