HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   WHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   WHLs Bad Boys? Whos the big hitters in the Dub? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1264137)

johnnydrum 09-25-2012 12:18 PM

WHLs Bad Boys? Whos the big hitters in the Dub?

Hiya all!
Listening into the WHL from afar (the UK)--enoyed a pair of Seattle and Victoria games this weekend.
I have a pretty good knowledge of the Imports and the top draft pickd, but would like to know more about this years league guys "so I know who to listen out for"
For instance who is considered the WHL s toughest fighter, whos the Bully around the "Dub"?
What about the biggest body checker? I know Dumba likes to lay out the guys, but is there any other terrifying prospects.??

Also I would like someone who could help me with understanding the Top Goalies.
I gather the kid in Tri City is a top top prospect.
Thanks guys
Johnny
England

Royal Canuck 09-25-2012 08:56 PM

Dumba is the best dynamic defenseman who can really bodycheck. Tyler Stahl is quite the bruiser on our back end.

phillipsj89 09-26-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 54588937)
Dumba is the best dynamic defenseman who can really bodycheck. Tyler Stahl is quite the bruiser on our back end.

Dumba Is a massive hitter. His core is very thick so his center of gravity is very low. I saw him play a couple times last year and his technical aspect of the game was rather, well, lacking. I think it'll just take him some time to fully develop (longer than most) but with the tools he has, once he can put it all together, he will be a great defenceman in the NHL.

johnnydrum 09-26-2012 12:22 PM

Thanks guys.
I have read Dumbas styl is that of the "young" Phanuef.
Stahl, well I hope to tune into more Royals game s this year anyway, to listen to Gogolev, so I will keep my ears open.
Would love to hear more about which players my Euros need to avoid in the trenches!

So what about Fighters?
The Dub has always been a haven for tough, powerfull guys.
I gather Mcilgarth and Beach were well know for thier toughness, but who are the current "sheriffs"?

I loved tuning nto last weekends games, via the teams websites, so am very keen to learn more.
Thanks again
Johnny

Beendair Donedat 09-26-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnydrum (Post 54598259)
Thanks guys.
I have read Dumbas styl is that of the "young" Phanuef.
Stahl, well I hope to tune into more Royals game s this year anyway, to listen to Gogolev, so I will keep my ears open.
Would love to hear more about which players my Euros need to avoid in the trenches!

So what about Fighters?
The Dub has always been a haven for tough, powerfull guys.
I gather Mcilgarth and Beach were well know for thier toughness, but who are the current "sheriffs"?

I loved tuning nto last weekends games, via the teams websites, so am very keen to learn more.
Thanks again
Johnny

Probably Jacob Doty as the WHL champ. Mitch Elliot would be a top guy. Guys like Thrower, Rissling, and maybe Moroz are willing and decent.

LeafErikson* 09-26-2012 04:34 PM

Kanzig, but it's more about being massive.

johnnydrum 09-26-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafErikson (Post 54603213)
Kanzig, but it's more about being massive.

lol...I just had to look him up....6`5 238ilbs.....My Goodness!
So Doty is considered to be the best pugilist..

Risling is the kid in Calgary that the Caps just drafted?
Thank goodness for that, I feared he would be Jeff Shultz part 2.
Going to listen out this weekend to hear these names...

Thank you so much guys.
Much to my wifes amusement at my nerdyness, my "home made WHL guide is coming along" lol

All/Any imput welcomed..lol

Mama Shinkaruk 09-28-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnydrum (Post 54603957)
lol...I just had to look him up....6`5 238ilbs.....My Goodness!
So Doty is considered to be the best pugilist..

Risling is the kid in Calgary that the Caps just drafted?
Thank goodness for that, I feared he would be Jeff Shultz part 2.
Going to listen out this weekend to hear these names...

Thank you so much guys.
Much to my wifes amusement at my nerdyness, my "home made WHL guide is coming along" lol

All/Any imput welcomed..lol

I interviewed him last year.

I'm 5'6 and 5 years older than him, he towered over me it was ridiculous. Imagine him on skates.

Renegade Stylings 09-28-2012 10:15 AM

Sam Grist of the TC Americans can lay the body.