HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Carter, others, may be UFA rookies (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=126421)

Dr Love 01-28-2005 06:27 PM

Carter, others, may be UFA rookies
 
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...34&hubName=nhl

It probably won't hold up, but it's something to keep an eye on.

tml_4ever 01-28-2005 07:16 PM

The Messenger has a message.... "I told you so...." :D

paxtang 01-28-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tml_4ever
The Messenger has a message.... "I told you so...." :D

I have one, this article doesn't say anything new.

blah 01-28-2005 08:26 PM

Please don't beat this to death again.

RJ8812 01-28-2005 09:49 PM

"Under the previous CBA, players who were drafted two years ago had to be signed by June 1 of this year or they would go back into the draft.

That no longer applies and it is unclear what will happen to the NHL rights of high-end juniors such as forwards Jeff Carter, Michael Richards (Philadelphia), Eric Fehr (Washington) and defenceman Shawn Belle (Dallas), who were all drafted in the first round in 2003, but are unsigned."


So it's not a certainty that they will become UFAs, i doubt they will, i thought i heard bettman say that NHL teams wont lose their unsigned prospects

FearTheFlyers 01-28-2005 10:40 PM

Ok, this article is exactly the sameas the last one.

MacDaddy TLC* 01-28-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Ok, this article is exactly the sameas the last one.

Which article would that be?

easton122 01-28-2005 11:17 PM

I think I hate Leafs fans more than I hate the team.

FearTheFlyers 01-28-2005 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easton122
I think I hate Leafs fans more than I hate the team.

Of course. No franchise in the league has fans so blinded and so homeristic.

FearTheFlyers 01-28-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Which article would that be?

My Mistake

Last time it was just regular Leaf fans dreaming about their future being as good as the Flyers.

Now it's Leaf fans in the media.

Mess 01-29-2005 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
My Mistake

Last time it was just regular Leaf fans dreaming about their future being as good as the Flyers.

Now it's Leaf fans in the media.

Its actually Rich Curran Jeff Carter agent and the Canadian Press article and has nothing to do with Toronto in fact ..

04' hockey 01-29-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Flyers_
"Under the previous CBA, players who were drafted two years ago had to be signed by June 1 of this year or they would go back into the draft.

That no longer applies and it is unclear what will happen to the NHL rights of high-end juniors such as forwards Jeff Carter, Michael Richards (Philadelphia), Eric Fehr (Washington) and defenceman Shawn Belle (Dallas), who were all drafted in the first round in 2003, but are unsigned."


So it's not a certainty that they will become UFAs, i doubt they will, i thought i heard bettman say that NHL teams wont lose their unsigned prospects

Yeah, Leaf fans love to dream - maybe they should draft better instead of trying to steal other teams prospects......Clarke has the "means"($, lawyers) to prevent any possibility of losing the Flyers draftees. Maybe the Leafs could ask Clarke and his staff how they do so well.
:p:

:flyers

Get used to it Leaf fans, Carter and Richards will be wearing the orange and black for a loooooooooonnngggg time. :handclap:

bennysflyers16 01-29-2005 09:11 AM

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a possibility that I will sleep with Heidi Klum tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough already with Carter going to the Leafs. Maybe the Leafs should sign their own prospects, Oh ya, They have none !

MacDaddy TLC* 01-29-2005 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
My Mistake

Last time it was just regular Leaf fans dreaming about their future being as good as the Flyers.

Now it's Leaf fans in the media.

No it was a Leafs fan saying that this mess that is now being reported was a very real possibility.

good to see the Flyers fans can are capable of real discussions and not just spit the usual rubbish, "Leafs fans this, Leafs fans that."

I feel sorry for those who have been around for a long time, like Dr Love, John Flyers fan GKJ and F26 who have in the past have been capable of great discussions only to have a large number of trolls ruin their board.

blah 01-29-2005 09:40 AM

Leaf fans = the trolls, not Flyers fans posting on their own team's board.

GKJ 01-29-2005 10:19 AM

#1 There is still no CBA, no one will be signing any prospects until there is one, and a new CBA will not only fix the problems from this mess about June 1 (a date that is still irrelivant because there is no CBA) but could also bring about different rule changes.




#2 This is only going to become a flame war anyways at this point.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.