HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Top 25 Favorite Canucks Of All-Time - #3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1264321)

kmad 09-25-2012 10:56 PM

Top 25 Favorite Canucks Of All-Time - #3

1. Trevor Linden - 43.90%
2. Pavel Bure - 64.71%

Added Thomas Gradin. Vote to add another.

kmad 09-25-2012 10:58 PM

Voting Burrows, vote to add Jannik Hansen again.

Royal Canuck 09-25-2012 11:09 PM

Voting for my favorite active Canuck, Alex Burrows.

Mason10 09-25-2012 11:13 PM

Burrrrr.

Vankiller Whale 09-25-2012 11:20 PM

Burrows.

Add Bieksa.

Bourne Endeavor 09-25-2012 11:58 PM

Kesler but him a Burrows are pretty much tied.

Vote to add Dan Hamhuis.

Ogie Goldthorpe 09-26-2012 12:21 AM

Add Harold Snepsts.

Reverend Mayhem 09-26-2012 12:49 AM

Keslerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Add: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAROLD

y2kcanucks 09-26-2012 01:28 AM

Gotta go with Burrows. Nobody has as heartwarming of a story as Burrows, coming in from out of nowhere. I remember one season he had more disallowed goals than he did actual goals. Amazing story, and one of our key players in the 2011 playoffs.

ubiquitous 09-26-2012 01:42 AM

Cliff Ronning was always a favourite of mine as a kid, so I picked him despite knowing very well that Burrows will probably win.

PierreMcGuire* 09-26-2012 02:24 AM

Naslund, for me.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, by how beloved the current team is.

Still bitter seeing Linden's name above Bure.

Reverend Mayhem 09-26-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 54592755)
Gotta go with Burrows. Nobody has as heartwarming of a story as Burrows, coming in from out of nowhere. I remember one season he had more disallowed goals than he did actual goals. Amazing story, and one of our key players in the 2011 playoffs.

Ironically, one of my mom's favourite players since she started watching with me in 05-06...I remember we went to a game in 2008-09 against the Senators and she asked me repeatedly when a video clip was on the Jumbotron she kept asking me, "who's that?" I kept saying "That's Alex Burrows!!!" Ever since she's been a huge fan of his. Her favourite player before that was Linden, who I really think is Burrows' most comparable player from the '94 team minus the size.

My game was more like Kesler's when I started playing inline hockey, but as the years wore on and I got smaller than my competition, I was more like a Burrows. Even though I think highly of Kesler and love what he does, Burrows will have my admiration for what he did to get here. His work ethic is absolutely the definition of excellence. I remember I went to an open practice after the year they went to the Finals...so I guess a year ago now and he was easily the most impressive player on the ice who he shared with the Sedins. That just speaks to what kind of a player he is. I hope he is a Canuck for the rest of his career, because he truly does (as much as I hate jargon) a heart of a Canuck.

OilerNut* 09-26-2012 04:07 AM

No love for McLean?

Biggest Canuck Fan 09-26-2012 10:36 AM

Naslund should be #3, but I can see why the love for Burr... the story is just so good! Hard to argue against it.

y2kcanucks 09-26-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem (Post 54593225)
Ironically, one of my mom's favourite players since she started watching with me in 05-06...I remember we went to a game in 2008-09 against the Senators and she asked me repeatedly when a video clip was on the Jumbotron she kept asking me, "who's that?" I kept saying "That's Alex Burrows!!!" Ever since she's been a huge fan of his. Her favourite player before that was Linden, who I really think is Burrows' most comparable player from the '94 team minus the size.

My game was more like Kesler's when I started playing inline hockey, but as the years wore on and I got smaller than my competition, I was more like a Burrows. Even though I think highly of Kesler and love what he does, Burrows will have my admiration for what he did to get here. His work ethic is absolutely the definition of excellence. I remember I went to an open practice after the year they went to the Finals...so I guess a year ago now and he was easily the most impressive player on the ice who he shared with the Sedins. That just speaks to what kind of a player he is. I hope he is a Canuck for the rest of his career, because he truly does (as much as I hate jargon) a heart of a Canuck.

Another difference between you and Kesler...Kesler wears pads when he plays hockey ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan (Post 54596419)
Naslund should be #3, but I can see why the love for Burr... the story is just so good! Hard to argue against it.

Why should Naslund be number 3? Just because you may love Naslund doesn't mean other people do. In fact, I think this is one poll where there should be very little debate as someone's favourite player is entirely up to them based on their own criteria that cannot be refuted. I personally wouldn't have Naslund in my top 5, but that's my own opinion. A lot of people probably were turned off by his final few years in Vancouver, I know it turned me off of Naslund and would have me drop him down my list.

aandbreatheme 09-26-2012 12:00 PM

Burrows! :)

LuckyDay 09-26-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogie Goldthorpe (Post 54592197)
Add Harold Snepsts.

and Tiger Williams, Tony Tanti, Paul Reinhart, Glen Hanlon and Jack McilHargey

Biggest Canuck Fan 09-26-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 54596663)
Why should Naslund be number 3? Just because you may love Naslund doesn't mean other people do. In fact, I think this is one poll where there should be very little debate as someone's favourite player is entirely up to them based on their own criteria that cannot be refuted. I personally wouldn't have Naslund in my top 5, but that's my own opinion. A lot of people probably were turned off by his final few years in Vancouver, I know it turned me off of Naslund and would have me drop him down my list.

Considering Naslund Bertuzzi and Jovanovski brought an entire new level of respectm, and excitement to the club, I think it outweighs any drop in play you percieve.

He was a consumate professional who helped legitimize the franchise and if not for Burke's shortsightedness in net with Cloutier he could've and should've led the club to a cup finals appearance.

But you are correct in terms of being a favorite. Aside from Pavel he is my favorite Canuck. His class and style of play were unparalled in the club's history up to the Sedin's break out seasons.

billvanseattle 09-26-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyDay (Post 54597961)
and Tiger Williams, Tony Tanti, Paul Reinhart, Glen Hanlon and Jack McilHargey

Voted for Smyl. Heart and soul of an underdog Canucks team. Played his whole career here. But agree about Snepts, another Vcr lifer.

Mr. Canucklehead 09-26-2012 12:36 PM

This is where it starts getting hard. Burrows has provided so many good memories that it's impossible for me not to go with him.

Pascha 09-26-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubiquitous (Post 54592829)
Cliff Ronning was always a favourite of mine as a kid, so I picked him despite knowing very well that Burrows will probably win.

Yeah thought real hard about Ronning too, but went Burrows here.

Reverend Mayhem 09-26-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Another difference between you and Kesler...Kesler wears pads when he plays hockey ;)

Hey now, I was but a broke college student with no job, no gear and brutally out of shape last time. Things have changed this time...except for my atrocious skating abilities, I'd imagine that's about the same.

Bure All Day 09-26-2012 02:10 PM

Markus naslund, add jan bulis

Scottrockztheworld* 09-26-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

And just because you may not like Naslund doesn't mean that others do. Heck I bet there is an entire generation of Vancouver hockey players that grew up imitating Naslund's wrist shots in their basements for hours on end.

Also maybe everyone doesn't keep the negative memories about Swedish Forwards as their lasting memories? Maybe they like to remember the coast to coast goal, the PS against Toronto, the WCE or his 02/03 season?

My vote went for Lui again but my top 3 favorites so far are:
Linden
Luongo
Kesler

LiveeviL 09-26-2012 02:32 PM

Ok it is all about subjectivity so people can vote on a player just because of his looks. But Burrows, nah. I like him, alot. But that is because he is a valuable player on the current team. I really do not think he makes my top 10 of the players listed in this poll, again: I do like him.