HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Off topic - Need information on gyms in montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12644)

Kerberos 09-19-2003 03:44 PM

Off topic - Need information on gyms in montreal

What gym in Montreal is cheap and good? I'm looking for a gym right now and I'm just exploring my options.

ChemiseBleuHonnete 09-19-2003 03:50 PM

depends where you live!

Vicious 09-19-2003 03:52 PM

I go to YMCA..

$29 per month.

It's not just gym, though. You have a tennis court, squash court, basketball, pool, sauna, etc..

Kerberos 09-19-2003 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
I go to YMCA..

$29 per month.

It's not just gym, though. You have a tennis court, squash court, basketball, pool, sauna, etc..

Which one do you go to? Is it always full and are you expected to be gay if you go there?

Munchausen 09-19-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos
are you expected to be gay if you go there?

Well I don't think there's any problem for that unless you come in dressed as a construction worker/policeman/Native American/biker/cowboy/soldier. :p

I like the CEPSUM on Jean Brillant street myself (afiliated with the University of Montreal) as they have good equipement and squash courts and lots of other stuff but since it's just alongside the University, it's usually pretty crowded unless you learn to go when the students are not around.

Vicious 09-19-2003 04:39 PM

Quote:

Which one do you go to? Is it always full and are you expected to be gay if you go there?

NDG. And .. hum... no. Why would you be considered gay for working out?

KILLger 09-19-2003 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
NDG. And .. hum... no. Why would you be considered gay for working out?

YMCA

Village People

Vicious 09-19-2003 05:20 PM

Ah... right. That completely slipped off my mind.

YMCA = Young Men's Christian Association... I think.

CrazyboutHabs 09-19-2003 05:30 PM

IMO Pro-Gym is best...cheap open 24-7-365...biggest in canada...new equipment always...MTL Alouettes cheerleaders...strippers...If you don't mind the fact that it's a show...It's the best.

CrazyboutHabs 09-19-2003 05:30 PM

IMO Pro-Gym is best...cheap open 24-7-365...biggest in canada...new equipment always...MTL Alouettes cheerleaders...strippers...If you don't mind the fact that it's a show...It's the best. It's on Hochelaga between Pie-IX and Viau

Kerberos 09-20-2003 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyboutHabs
IMO Pro-Gym is best...cheap open 24-7-365...biggest in canada...new equipment always...MTL Alouettes cheerleaders...strippers...If you don't mind the fact that it's a show...It's the best. It's on Hochelaga between Pie-IX and Viau

How's the staff? Is it the sort of place that they treat you like meat and try to push pills on you?

psychonaut 09-20-2003 08:56 AM

Are there any good ones in the plateaux area that 24h? And cheap!!!

CrazyboutHabs 09-20-2003 09:28 AM

Quote:

How's the staff? Is it the sort of place that they treat you like meat and try to push pills on you?

They always treated me well and are super nice .A lot of personnal trainers but they always have a couple roamers or the help desk where you can ask questions anytime, also when you sign up they give you a free hour with a trainer to setup a program. The pills and powders are available but they don't push them on you, a lot less than Nautilus plus...god I hate them !!

CrazyboutHabs 09-20-2003 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonaut
Are there any good ones in the plateaux area that 24h? And cheap!!!

The one on the plateau that I know open 24 hrs is on Saint-laurent and de Castelneau....It might not be the plateau but it's the closest one 24 hrs...

Kirk Muller* 09-20-2003 10:29 AM

I too go to the NDG YMCA. It's OK.

fulk hogan 09-20-2003 10:41 AM

If you live in CDN, the fitness centre and pool on Van Horne and Victoria is $60/3 months. You can't beat that price, but I think you have to be living in the CDN/NDG borough to take advantage of it.

Also, the Concordia gym is cheap, but won't have the amenities of a more expensive gym (i.e. 300 stairmasters/treadmills elliptical riders etc.).