HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   TELEVISION: Bulldogs, Sarnia Sting, also WJC on TV... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1264959)

Mr. Hab 09-28-2012 12:15 AM

TELEVISION: Bulldogs, Sarnia Sting, also WJC on TV...

Would be good to use this thread (imo) to let us keep track of upcoming televised games in the Montreal area...games for the Bulldogs (Leblanc, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Tinordi, Ellis, etc), Sarnia Sting (Galchenyuk), and other teams involving Hab prospects (ex: Hudon), etc...

TSN, RDS, and maybe even CBC?

I'll check the TSN tv program to see if there are any Bulldog games coming up soon...and post some info here.

Player 61 09-28-2012 12:23 AM

Don't hold your breath... Casts are not something you can do on whim. There was an article in the Gazette yesterday, CBC employees are not going to be paid during lock-out... There will be probably a couple of Dogs games on weekends as it drags on...

Mr. Hab 09-28-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxPac67 (Post 54631563)
Don't hold your breath... Casts are not something you can do on whim. The was an article in the Gazette, CBC employees are not going to be paid during lock-out... There will be probably a couple of Dogs games on weekends as it drags on...

Thanks for the reply... but I'll still hope for some Bulldog games on TSN or RDS...

I remember there were some games shown last season (Bulldogs) on RDs and TSN. CBC...I doubt it (I guess).

patsbury 09-28-2012 12:27 AM

TVAsports will broadcast about 40 games, so there are some chances we will see Archambault and Hudon, plus there is Vox

Player 61 09-28-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 54631583)
Thanks for the reply... but I'll still hope for some Bulldog games on TSN or RDS...

I remember there were some games shown last season (Bulldogs) on RDs and TSN. CBC...I doubt it (I guess).

Those few that were on , will likely be what you get this year, along with the CHL games Sportsnet plays on weekends.. It's all up in air, you can't make deals a week at a time, North America doesn't work that way... sadly.

patsbury 09-28-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 54631583)

No quite, the opposite. RDS has never shown AHL recently (post lock out at least), but CBC did show some Bulldogs/Marlies game last season...so maybe there is some chance we will see some this season too. Maybe RDS will show those Bulldogs game when they'll be playing in Montréal, but not holding my breath on this.

Player 61 09-28-2012 12:31 AM

I lived in Oakville, Ont for 1 year of my 5 year Toronto contract. So I was in Bulldogs territory, even then, they were only on like 30 times a year on Cable access on Cogeco, trust me Minor leagues = Minor Leagues. And yes that was recent.

Mr. Hab 09-28-2012 01:44 AM

To patsbury:
thanks for info and good to know that there's still a chance that CBC may show a few Bulldog games. And good to know about TVA...is that a cable or basic cable channel?

To MaxPac67:
thanks again for Oakville, Ontario and Sportsnet info.
(off topic: I have some friends from Oakville...they lived in Montreal for a while...they would always tell me that Oakville is a very poor, ghetto-like suburb, but with time the mayor will slowly but surely improve it...obvious :sarcasm:).

----------------------------------------------

Anyways...this would still (imo) be a good thread where we can all give each other a ''heads up'' on any televised games (Montreal area) that involve Hab prospects, rookies. Any game that includes Galcheyuk, Hudon, etc...and especially a Bulldog game since there are so many Hab prospects (and rookie Leblanc) on the team.

Player 61 09-28-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 54632315)
To patsbury:
thanks for info and good to know that there's still a chance that CBC may show a few Bulldog games. And good to know about TVA...is that a cable or basic cable channel?

To MaxPac67:
thanks again for Oakville, Ontario and Sportsnet info.
(off topic: I have some friends from Oakville...they lived in Montreal for a while...they would always tell me that Oakville is a very poor, ghetto-like suburb, but with time the mayor will slowly but surely improve it...obvious :sarcasm:).

----------------------------------------------

Anyways...this would still (imo) be a good thread where we can all give each other a ''heads up'' on any televised games (Montreal area) that involve Hab prospects, rookies. Any game that includes Galcheyuk, Hudon, etc...and especially a Bulldog game since there are so many Hab prospects (and rookie Leblanc) on the team.

I get the comedy.. High class, I couldn't afford Oakville,(Like Westmount) & found a place in East York on Subway for last 4.. Tell them good kidding.. :-) West-Island is much better than both those places.. all 3 are good... All Canada is Good!

Joey 09-28-2012 06:04 AM

during the last lockout, Cogeco played Dogs games on Fridays if they were at home

shortcat1 09-28-2012 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm seriously looking at purchasing a year's worth of Bulldog games on the following site:

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

At $150 for 80 games, that makes it less than $2.00 a game ($1.87 to be exact). That's way cheaper than even watching local CHL games if that's an option for any of us.

I expect that I will be doing that, especially if the lockout continues beyond the first Bulldog game.

Below, I've attached the options as given on the neulion.com site.

Marc the Habs Fan 09-28-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Hab (Post 54632315)
And good to know about TVA...is that a cable or basic cable channel?

TVA Sports is cable.

Them and Sportsnet are the hopes here for CHL hockey. As well as the people who get VOX in Quebec.

RDS, TSN and CBC do NOT have the rights to CHL hockey and aren't going to suddenly get them. Its as simple as that.

MasterDecoy 09-28-2012 09:03 AM

hockeystreams.com

the end. no need for threads every other day. bookmark it, use it. love it.

and i know for a fact they are showing KHL, QMJHL and OHL games. check for yourself if they will play AHL games.

you're welcome

edit: **** it, i checked, they will also show AHL and WHL.

"but it's not on tv ouaaaaain"

suck it up, join the 24th century.

Schwang 09-28-2012 09:48 AM

I know last season, the Cable 14 website out of Hamilton showed like 12-15 Hamilton games online. Not sure if it'll be the same this year though. Hope so.

Marc the Habs Fan 09-28-2012 03:13 PM

First 2 weeks of Sportsnet FNH schedule released:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/pressroom/20..._night_hockey/

No Habs prospects featured in those 2 games. Lots of 2013 1st round talent though. Also funny they mention Houser...when he's no longer a Knight.

Rozz 09-28-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 54634291)
hockeystreams.com

and i know for a fact they are showing KHL, QMJHL and OHL games. check for yourself if they will play AHL games.

you're welcome

you have officially just earned my "Hero of the Day" award.. its pretty prestigious.. you should feel honoured. but you definitely deserve it!

EDIT: I may have to take back that award .. it doesn't appear to be working for me. Won't let me sign up.. just keeps erasing my info and saying I didnt fill anything in! and I got all excited to watch Galchenyuk tonight..

I now award you my "Biggest psych out of the day" award.. not quite as prestigious.. but hey you still won something :)

MasterDecoy 09-29-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozz (Post 54644095)
you have officially just earned my "Hero of the Day" award.. its pretty prestigious.. you should feel honoured. but you definitely deserve it!

EDIT: I may have to take back that award .. it doesn't appear to be working for me. Won't let me sign up.. just keeps erasing my info and saying I didnt fill anything in! and I got all excited to watch Galchenyuk tonight..

I now award you my "Biggest psych out of the day" award.. not quite as prestigious.. but hey you still won something :)

haha, well thanks, and sorry for that... maybe you have a script blocker? i live in deep in the ******* of the internet and it works fine for me :dunno:

Felkov 09-29-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

hockeystreams.com

you're welcome

Are the streams good quality? Is it worth the price?

shredder11 09-29-2012 01:51 PM

Can I view these on my ps3?

canadiensnation 09-29-2012 01:53 PM

does anyone know of any free online streaming for czech/khl/swiss leagues?

Habsfan2992 09-29-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiensnation (Post 54658271)

Ok I'll tell ya but since I have no idea which Habs are on what team you have to post the games deal?

RBR 09-29-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

hockeystreams.com

you're welcome

You mean the century of TVs with massive screens and HD? Even using HDMI cables and attaching the feed to the TV it still does not come out as nice as an actual broadcast.

overlords 09-29-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RBR (Post 54660959)
You mean the century of TVs with massive screens and HD? Even using HDMI cables and attaching the feed to the TV it still does not come out as nice as an actual broadcast.

If the stream is of high enough quality, yes, yes it does.

Rozz 09-29-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

there is an awesome free site ive been using for a long time called first row sports the web adress is thefirstrow.eu ...and they stream all sports. they got the khl and that kinda stuff but no ohl / whl or ahl from what i've seen unfortunately .. but hey its at least a completely free site to get some hockey from

That 09-29-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

This is the website that I use for KHL streams: http://www.laola1.tv/en/int/ice-hock...deo/457--.html

Here's one for Czech Extraliga: http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?matchId=-398337991

I also just signed up for hockeystreams and the quality is really good. It's only slightly worse than what's on the TV. The delay is about a minute and thirty seconds, but regardless it's worth using. I'm definitely going to buy the one year pass when the AHL starts.