HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   No Jagr in NHL 13? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1265013)

shipwreck 09-28-2012 08:53 AM

No Jagr in NHL 13?

Never owned a game console since the late 1980s. With no hockey, I broke down and bought a PS3 and got NHL13 yesterday.

Taking me time to learn all the controls. Total newbie. Anyway - of course, I am playing the Flyers - surprised to see no Jagr. I've only played a few rookie level games, but he isn't listed on the roster.

I thought this game was sorta of like a recreation of last season. I'm assuming he wouldn't be listed on the Flyers roster for NHL12?

OriginJM 09-28-2012 08:56 AM

http://i.imgur.com/u9MYL.gif

He's on the Stars

Jack de la Hoya 09-28-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginJM (Post 54634207)

"My people have entirely too much free time on their hands."

- That cat.

shipwreck 09-28-2012 09:14 AM

OK. I knew he was in real life. someone told me that the game was with all last season stats. Didn't know that they had moved him in the game. Thanks.

Would NHL12 have him on the Flyers then?

leclair1088 09-28-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 54634417)
OK. I knew he was in real life. someone told me that the game was with all last season stats. Didn't know that they had moved him in the game. Thanks.

Would NHL12 have him on the Flyers then?

Yes.

shipwreck 09-28-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leclair1088 (Post 54634479)
Yes.

Ok, thanks.

Last thing - I have yet to be able to connect to the EA servers even 1 time. Every time I start the game, I have to agree to the terms, and then sign in. It never connects to the EA server.

Yet, when I go to the EA forums, I was able to pull up the profile with the same username and password. Yet, it shows that I have no consoles connected to the acct.

It seems from reading that many have issues connecting to the EA server... Not sure how to solve this. It sucks typing in all of that with the controller over and over, and then it won't even connect

irunthepeg 09-28-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 54634501)
Ok, thanks.

Last thing - I have yet to be able to connect to the EA servers even 1 time. Every time I start the game, I have to agree to the terms, and then sign in. It never connects to the EA server.

Yet, when I go to the EA forums, I was able to pull up the profile with the same username and password. Yet, it shows that I have no consoles connected to the acct.

It seems from reading that many have issues connecting to the EA server... Not sure how to solve this. It sucks typing in all of that with the controller over and over, and then it won't even connect

By pure chance I saw this under 'New Posts' and decided to check out the thread. I had the same problem. You have to make an Origin account online and set the password as something that fits the requirements (a capital, non capitals and a number) then in game when it prompts you to change the password, set it as the new password on your Origin account.

This should work, unless I've misunderstood what your problem is. Hope it works, fellow new-to-PS3 bro.

Defmincex13 09-28-2012 09:38 AM

Are you putting in your online pass code that you get with the game?

Defmincex13 09-28-2012 09:39 AM

Also yes Jagr is on Dallas in NHL13 but if you want to play with him on the Flyers you can always play the winter classic mode. It is the exact roster that played in the game last year. Aka Jagr is on the team.

JagerPuck 09-28-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WordUp (Post 54634781)
By pure chance I saw this under 'New Posts' and decided to check out the thread. I had the same problem. You have to make an Origin account online and set the password as something that fits the requirements (a capital, non capitals and a number) then in game when it prompts you to change the password, set it as the new password on your Origin account.

This should work, unless I've misunderstood what your problem is. Hope it works, fellow new-to-PS3 bro.

I was having this issue with Madden and had to get on the phone with EA/Origin to get it all squared away. Works now fine as with NHL.

shipwreck 09-28-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WordUp (Post 54634781)

Yes. I have an online acct and accessed their forums. However - what is strange is that I have verified my email address 3 times now. Yet, the website keeps claiming that the email address is unverified. I'll give it more time, I suppose.

I did change the password online to an password that is acceptable though. I'll see how it works now when I get back home to try it again

shipwreck 09-28-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defmincex13 (Post 54634813)
Are you putting in your online pass code that you get with the game?

Haven't even got that far. As it won't connect to the server

Defmincex13 09-28-2012 11:22 AM

How did you buy the game? digital download or disc?

shipwreck 09-28-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defmincex13 (Post 54636697)
How did you buy the game? digital download or disc?

I bought the disc.

PAZUZU 09-28-2012 11:56 AM

have you installed the latest system updates for the PS3?

shipwreck 09-28-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAZUZU (Post 54637345)
have you installed the latest system updates for the PS3?

Yes, the PS3 updated the software when I first set it up.

NHL13 also downloaded a update when I first started the game the first time.

irunthepeg 09-28-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 54634887)
Haven't even got that far. As it won't connect to the server

This is exactly what happened to me. It kept saying "cannot retrieve account information." I remember mine not being verified for a little while too, I forget how I eventually got it to work but changing the password to one that works on the site got it to work on my game.

shipwreck 09-28-2012 01:40 PM

I changed the password on the site this morning. So, we'll see when I get back home. Hope it works :)

shipwreck 09-28-2012 07:19 PM

Well, that worked. I can get online now. Also, I bought a USB keyboard :)

CTU2fan 09-29-2012 11:02 AM

It just occurred to me that Jagr might be the only player in NHL13 who was in the original EA NHL (92). Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else.

FlyersCup08 09-29-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTU2fan (Post 54655183)
It just occurred to me that Jagr might be the only player in NHL13 who was in the original EA NHL (92). Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else.

Racking my brain, wondering if Brodeur or Whitney were in it?

EDIT: Nevermind, pretty sure they wouldn't have had very complete rosters in that game.

shipwreck 09-29-2012 08:38 PM

I'm having a ball playing this game. But, it sucks that I can only play Jagr on the Flyers if I play the winter classic.

Guess I needa buy NHL12 too :)

jagrgodr 09-30-2012 12:37 PM

Hey i don't know if you are playing online or your own season or just pick up games, but if you start a new season you could trade a few players to Dallas for Jagr. Hope this helps and maybe someone with more experience can explain how to do this once you start your own season.

You maybe able to set the roster in the game before you start playing. You COULD possibly move Jagr from Dallas and back to the Flyers..

PF 09-30-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagrgodr (Post 54672797)
Hey i don't know if you are playing online or your own season or just pick up games, but if you start a new season you could trade a few players to Dallas for Jagr. Hope this helps and maybe someone with more experience can explain how to do this once you start your own season.

You maybe able to set the roster in the game before you start playing. You COULD possibly move Jagr from Dallas and back to the Flyers..

Pretty sure you can set your own rosters, if you go to 'My NHL 2013' on the first screen I'm pretty sure you there's an option there called 'Roster' and you can use it to move people around to whichever team you like. I've not done it myself but I believe it would mean you wouldn't have to trade anyone, you can just move Jagr to Philly for nothing and save it, then Jagr should be there for Play Now stuff but obviously not for any online games, etc.

jagrgodr 09-30-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PF (Post 54672997)
Pretty sure you can set your own rosters, if you go to 'My NHL 2013' on the first screen I'm pretty sure you there's an option there called 'Roster' and you can use it to move people around to whichever team you like. I've not done it myself but I believe it would mean you wouldn't have to trade anyone, you can just move Jagr to Philly for nothing and save it, then Jagr should be there for Play Now stuff but obviously not for any online games, etc.

yeah i remember doing something like that in nhl '07 to move Jagr to the Caps so he could play with ovechkin and backstrom :-D