HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The John Davidson saga -- That's Incredible! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1265057)

slightlystewpid420 09-28-2012 11:50 AM

The John Davidson saga -- That's Incredible!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

Doesnt say why or what for.

JACKETfan 09-29-2012 06:01 AM

Ownership cant afford him, esp with the season revenue tanking. And no way does Howson encourage Ownership to hire a guy who could replace him in a pinch.

Iron Balls McGinty 09-29-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKETfan (Post 54652551)
Ownership cant afford him, esp with the season revenue tanking. And no way does Howson encourage Ownership to hire a guy who could replace him in a pinch.

Who say Howson has any say in if he gets hired or not? I have no say in who my boss is in my job. I'm sure most others are the same as well.

pete goegan 09-29-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty (Post 54652827)
Who say Howson has any say in if he gets hired or not? I have no say in who my boss is in my job. I'm sure most others are the same as well.

Unlike Patrick, who met with Howson before being hired, Davidson met with McConnell and Priest.

Viqsi 09-29-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete goegan (Post 54652855)
Unlike Patrick, who met with Howson before being hired, Davidson met with McConnell and Priest.

So for this particular woe-is-us conspiracy theory, if he doesn't come here it's all Priest's fault? :)

candyman82 09-29-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete goegan (Post 54652855)

If hired, Davidson would be Howson's superior.

pete goegan 09-29-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 54655811)
If hired, Davidson would be Howson's superior.

Exactly.

JuniorNelson 09-29-2012 03:45 PM

Davidson can build a franchise. This is generally known in the NHL. Some teams must be thinking long and hard about this. Toronto should be first in line. Columbus needs to decide if they need a new guy.

I wish Vancouver would dump Gillis but I am certain they will not.

JACKETfan 10-01-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuniorNelson (Post 54660155)
Davidson can build a franchise. This is generally known in the NHL. Some teams must be thinking long and hard about this. Toronto should be first in line. Columbus needs to decide if they need a new guy.

I wish Vancouver would dump Gillis but I am certain they will not.

Nice avatar.

Wouldn't it be funny if we ALL used it during lockout?

CapnCornelius 10-01-2012 04:08 PM

Reading the latest on Puck-Rakers, it seemed to me that this is just wishful-thinking on the part of the Dispatch. There's nothing suggesting there have been any new talks with Davidson. There's no clear idea of what exactly Davidson's role would be. It seems the only reason it is being raised at all is because there is finality with St. Louis rather than there being anything new between Davidson and the CBJ.

I have my doubts there is any meat to the new rumors. I expect Davidson may simply decide to go back to the announcer's booth and take the larger pay day which would come with that.

slightlystewpid420 10-01-2012 05:34 PM

Yeah i just posted so people can see. IF he comes he comes, if he doesnt, well nothing changes and we keep hoping things turn around. If he does come though i think we have a pretty bright future ahead of us. A few lucky picks. A few steals later in the draft. Few undrafted steals or steals from previous draft rising up(zaar, atkinson, few others we have in the system that could really make a splash) and within a few years were looking really good.

Crede777 10-01-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinaphps (Post 54707617)
Ownership cant afford him, esp with the season revenue tanking.

I think if they couldn't afford him they wouldn't have invited him to Columbus for an interview or whatever.

Seedtype 10-01-2012 11:58 PM

Yeah, my observation is that this franchise isn't afraid of spending money... it just keeps doing it poorly because bad decisions or crap keeps happening.

blahblah 10-02-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 54701073)
Reading the latest on Puck-Rakers, it seemed to me that this is just wishful-thinking on the part of the Dispatch. There's nothing suggesting there have been any new talks with Davidson.

If the deal isn't finalized why would their have been "new talks". Nothing to see here, moving on until there is something to see.

CapnCornelius 10-02-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 54713371)
If the deal isn't finalized why would their have been "new talks". Nothing to see here, moving on until there is something to see.

All the more reason this latest press is a pitiful attempt to make something of nothing. The real story "Davidson Leaves St. Louis. Nothing Else to Report," wasn't quite as sexy.

Double-Shift Lassť 10-02-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 54714931)
All the more reason this latest press is a pitiful attempt to make something of nothing. The real story "Davidson Leaves St. Louis. Nothing Else to Report," wasn't quite as sexy.

Lots of reasons to take issue with Puck-Rakers, but I don't see this as one of them.

When we last left this story, Davidson had had meetings with CBJ brass. Nebulous in nature for sure, but meetings nonetheless. But we dropped the story, because he was still working for STL. So, story update is, he's no longer working for STL. The rest is just re-conjecture. So while there may be nothing "else" to see here, there is news in that Davidson has left STL.

Mayor Bee 10-02-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Without question, this is the first time I have seen "Davidson" and "sexy" as part of the same sentence.

Double-Shift Lassť 10-02-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 54715161)
Without question, this is the first time I have seen "Davidson" and "sexy" as part of the same sentence.

Some Hilliard kids would beg to differ.

blahblah 10-02-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Funny, they didn't make anything out of anything. Nor did I get the feeling they were trying to.

They simply laid out the history of where we were and basically where we stand now, including who else might be interested. Just another attempt to dump on the Dispatch for nothing. I am not sure why we get all worked up over what is nothing.

Mayor Bee 10-02-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 54715259)
Some Hilliard kids would beg to differ.

How many Hilliard kids does it take to change a lightbulb?

None; they simply hold the bulb in the empty socket and wait for the world to revolve around it.

Double-Shift Lassť 10-02-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 54715439)

None; they simply hold the bulb in the empty socket and wait for the world to revolve around it.

Sessy.

candyman82 10-02-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 54715471)
Sessy.

Hilliard: The Tackiest town in America

blahblah 10-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman82 (Post 54718861)
Hilliard: The Tackiest town in America

You clearly don't travel much.

Sore Loser 10-02-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 54715439)

Beauty :handclap:

Speedy Sanderson 10-06-2012 06:01 AM

Wow, Davidson saying some good things about the Jackets. Especially interesting is his quote "If my next stop is Columbus" - that sounds like someone who is interested in coming here. Ownership better pony up the money and bring him aboard. Priest can quietly be moved to some job on the non-hockey side of things.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...nterested.html