HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Holy seiloff! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1265189)

Flamesarmstrong22 09-28-2012 04:51 PM

Holy seiloff!

Patrick seiloff (this years 2nd round pick) laid a absolute monster hit in his game the other day for the spit fires. I can't post a link to the video cuz I'm on my phone but if your interested I would definitely look it up. It's early but this kid looks like a monster! Makes passing up teravainen and trading the pick a bit easier to swallow

FLAMES666 09-28-2012 05:49 PM

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...040409828.html

BS he was kicked out.

InfinityIggy 09-28-2012 06:10 PM

Guy should've kept his head up. Clean hit.

CoRD 09-28-2012 06:21 PM

Beauty.

Xelstyle 09-28-2012 06:51 PM

Now insert Taylor Hall instead....

Boom.

MarkGio 09-28-2012 07:22 PM

Damn that's good hockey. It's too bad the OHL is making a stink about good clean hits.

Johnny Hoxville 09-28-2012 11:01 PM

I also like how Seiloff said he's got more offence to give although that's not his game. With all the focus shifting to skill, a physical player like Seifloff will be a welcome presence on the Flames in the near future.

tyflames 09-28-2012 11:04 PM

Hopefully just cause he got kicked out he doesn't think he has to stop hitting like that, that was huge and a good hit. Something in my opinion that should go unpunished in the game.

LukeD 09-29-2012 12:36 AM

Helluva hit.

TherapyforGlencross 09-29-2012 07:28 AM

What a hit!

Money Baer 10-03-2012 01:43 AM

Scored a bomb of a shot from the blue-line the other night. I was crossing my fingers during the 2nd round for this kid. Glad we nabbed him.

Johnny Hoxville 10-03-2012 02:42 PM

I know Jankow is a boom or bust type of prospect, but if Jankowski becomes an NHL regular we totally won that trade. Seiloff will be in the NHL without a doubt at some point, his physical presence will be a must on our team.

TherapyforGlencross 10-03-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 54743727)
I know Jankow is a boom or bust type of prospect, but if Jankowski becomes an NHL regular we totally won that trade. Seiloff will be in the NHL without a doubt at some point, his physical presence will be a must on our team.

I hope he chose the right decision to play in college instead of playing in the USHL for one season.

InfinityIggy 10-03-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 54743727)

Seiloff is big, and good positionally. I don't know that hes a lock for an NHL player though.

WhereIsIt 10-03-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesrule (Post 54745823)
I hope he chose the right decision to play in college instead of playing in the USHL for one season.

He is in college as we speak.

Johnny Hoxville 10-04-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 54746687)
Seiloff is big, and good positionally. I don't know that hes a lock for an NHL player though.

You are technically right without question, but I'm looking at our organizational needs. This season for example, Sarich was brought back for the sole reason to hit and add some much needed physicality to our team. In 2 years time, we'll likely have guys like Baertschi, Gaudreau and Granlund all challenging for regular spots which all skill players not known for toughness. Bouwmeester has never been physical and that's not Brodies game either. Having a player like Seiloff will be a necessity so our players don't get hurt. So while you are right in saying he can't be called a lock quite yet, I would say its extremely probable that he'll make our team in 2-3 seasons given his physical maturity.

Money Baer 10-04-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 54755785)
You are technically right without question, but I'm looking at our organizational needs. This season for example, Sarich was brought back for the sole reason to hit and add some much needed physicality to our team. In 2 years time, we'll likely have guys like Baertschi, Gaudreau and Granlund all challenging for regular spots which all skill players not known for toughness. Bouwmeester has never been physical and that's not Brodies game either. Having a player like Seiloff will be a necessity so our players don't get hurt. So while you are right in saying he can't be called a lock quite yet, I would say its extremely probable that he'll make our team in 2-3 seasons given his physical maturity.

I agree. I think a year in Windsor & 1 - 2 in Abby. He has the compete, physicality, aggressiveness, and work ethic to make it.... Unless he starts to show decline he should be a Flame soon.

Thumper17 10-05-2012 07:47 PM

Damn. Him and Sarich on a pairing might end up in a fatality.

Flamesarmstrong22 10-20-2012 12:17 PM

Anybody see his hit the other night against Erie?? This kid looks like he's going to be a monster! Teravainen who??? Haha