HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   WBS Penguins Hockey PART I (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1265413)

bigd 09-29-2012 07:09 AM

WBS Penguins Hockey PART I

The only Penquins hockey right now. We need something positive to talk about.:handclap:

crosby is the sauce 09-29-2012 08:13 AM

They just started training camp too, LETS GO (WBS) PENS!

deakka 09-29-2012 08:18 AM

Ithink im gonna get AHL center ice (or whatever its called) if the lockout aint sorted when the AHL kicks off. Anyone know how the quality is? and can i watch on-demand like with NHL center ice?

Its a good season to follow the baby pens btw. A lot of prospects there this year!

bigd 09-29-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deakka (Post 54653241)
Ithink im gonna get AHL center ice (or whatever its called) if the lockout aint sorted when the AHL kicks off. Anyone know how the quality is? and can i watch on-demand like with NHL center ice?

Its a good season to follow the baby pens btw. A lot of prospects there this year!

It's called AHL Live. The quality depends on the rink they are playing in. WBS home rink is a decent picture and places like Hershey are pretty good but some others are terrible. I usually hook my laptop up to my 55" TV but it's nothing like Center Ice.

td_ice 09-29-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deakka (Post 54653241)

I am getting it also. You have one price for being able to watch league wide, and another, cheaper price for being able to watch a specific team.

bigd addressed the quality. It definitely differs from rink to rink.

And yeah, you can watch past games, not just live events.

deakka 09-29-2012 11:56 AM

Thanks for the answers- On-demand are nice for me since im from sweden and have a +6 time difference from pittsburgh. IM not that interested in the other teams so im gonna get the one with only the pens games.

td_ice 09-29-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deakka (Post 54656077)
Thanks for the answers- On-demand are nice for me since im from sweden and have a +6 time difference from pittsburgh. IM not that interested in the other teams so im gonna get the one with only the pens games.

Yeah that is the route I went. Not cheap. Early bird special is $149. If you wait (after 10/19), it jumps up to $199. League wide viewing price is a whopping $349.

wej20 09-29-2012 01:58 PM

That's ridiculous given that in some arenas it's like watching on someone's webcam.

steelcityassault 09-29-2012 02:17 PM

WB/S is about to ice the best team in its EXISTENCE

Tangradi: “We’re going to be scary good. If we can put all the pieces together, Hynsie’s an unbelievable coach. If we can just listen to his plan, I’m sure he knows what will help us succeed. It’s going to be something special.”

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 09-29-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelcityassault (Post 54658731)
WB/S is about to ice the best team in its EXISTENCE

Tangradi: “We’re going to be scary good. If we can put all the pieces together, Hynsie’s an unbelievable coach. If we can just listen to his plan, I’m sure he knows what will help us succeed. It’s going to be something special.”

A lot of teams are going to be getting significant talent injections due to the lockout, though.

Dylonus 09-29-2012 06:10 PM

So who is all eligible for the minors?

I'm assuming Bennett, Kuhnhackl, Despres, Morrow and others are all down there? (Unless Morrow hasn't turned 20?).

What's the ruling on the AHL right now with the lockout?

wej20 09-29-2012 06:52 PM

guys like Eberle and RNH are eligible for the Oilers for example, because they haven't played a certain numbers on NHL games. Bortuzzo, Strait, Tangradi , Zatkoff and Thiessen are all on AHL deals rather than their two-way deals to avoid sending them down on waivers.

steelcityassault 09-30-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylonus (Post 54662471)
So who is all eligible for the minors?

Eric Tangradi – Trevor Smith – Benn Ferriero
Keven Veilleux - Philippe Dupuis – Beau Bennett
Tom Kühnhackl – Warren Peters – Paul Thompson
Brian Gibbons – Zach Sill – Riley Holzapfel
Steve MacIntyre

Jayson Megna - Dominik Uher – Chris Barton
Michael Neal – Matt Rust - Adam Payerl

Brian Strait – Robert Bortuzzo
Simon Despres – Dylan Reese
Joe Morrow – Alex Grant
Carl Sneep – Joey Mormina

Brian Dumoulin – Philip Samuelsson
Reid McNeill – Peter Merth

Jeff Zatkoff
Brad Thiessen

Patrick Killeen

deakka 09-30-2012 02:33 AM

I think Dumoulin and Uher will grab a spot from someone on that roster. But there will be good battles for most positions for sure!

Smacker 10-02-2012 02:10 PM

WBS Penguins preseason:

3. October @ Rochester Americans
5. October VS Rochester Americans
6. lOctober VS Hershey Bears
7. October @ Hershey Bears

Regular season first five games:

13. October @ Binghamton
19. October @ Springfield
20. Ocotber VS Bridgeport
21. October VS Syracuse
26. October VS Rochester

MichiganWolverines 10-02-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelcityassault (Post 54667333)
Eric Tangradi – Trevor Smith – Benn Ferriero
Keven Veilleux - Philippe Dupuis – Beau Bennett
Tom Kühnhackl – Warren Peters – Paul Thompson
Brian Gibbons – Zach Sill – Riley Holzapfel
Steve MacIntyre

Jayson Megna - Dominik Uher – Chris Barton
Michael Neal – Matt Rust - Adam Payerl

Brian Strait – Robert Bortuzzo
Simon Despres – Dylan Reese
Joe Morrow – Alex Grant
Carl Sneep – Joey Mormina

Brian Dumoulin – Philip Samuelsson
Reid McNeill – Peter Merth

Jeff Zatkoff
Brad Thiessen

Patrick Killeen

This team needs more grit.

Shady Machine 10-02-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 54721055)

I think they are fine.

Hottubber 10-02-2012 03:31 PM

Im assuming Neal was a camp invite?

Does he have a chance to crack the AHL team or is he ECHL bound?

steelcityassault 10-02-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 54721055)

Agree with you. One more guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hottubber (Post 54722711)
Im assuming Neal was a camp invite?

Does he have a chance to crack the AHL team or is he ECHL bound?

He's ECHL bound, chance at an AHL call-up if the lockout ever ends

Hottubber 10-02-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelcityassault (Post 54723671)
Agree with you. One more guy

He's ECHL bound, chance at an AHL call-up if the lockout ever ends

thanks

Hans Rutherford 10-02-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 54663083)
guys like Eberle and RNH are eligible for the Oilers for example, because they haven't played a certain numbers on NHL games. Bortuzzo, Strait, Tangradi , Zatkoff and Thiessen are all on AHL deals rather than their two-way deals to avoid sending them down on waivers.

I heard somewhere that Hall is going to join OKC once he's healthy too. That team is going to be nuts. I'm excited to see WBS this season but most of our guys are pretty green and have big learning curve adjustment to make this season.

Sivek 10-02-2012 07:25 PM

On Bombulie's blog, he took a stab at projecting the lines after watching the two scrimmages. They were:

Tangradi-Smith-Bennett
Dupuis-Megna-Ferriero
Gibbons-Peters-Thompson
Uher-Sill-Holazapfel

Extras: Veilleux (knee), Kuhnhackl, Payerl, Chupp, Zurevinski, Manderson, Neal

Strait-Bortuzzo
Despres-Reese
Morrow-Dumoulin

Extras: Grant, Mormina, Sneep, Samuelsson, McNeill

I'd be a bit disappointed not to see Kuhn playing regularly with WBS. Megna must be looking good to slot into the 2C already. I feel a bit for Grant. He missed so much time in the two previous seasons before breaking out offensively last year to save a possible NHL future only to be a serious fight just to get minutes for the current squad. Samuelsson and McNeil are pretty much Wheeling locks.

Am excited to see how a potential Morrow-Dumoulin tandem looks.

BrunoPuntzJones 10-02-2012 08:09 PM

Is anyone else on here living in NEPA and planning to attend some games in person? I've got a season ticket. Unfortunately I can only make one of this weekend's preseason games.

StaalForOne 10-02-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sivek (Post 54728257)
On Bombulie's blog, he took a stab at projecting the lines after watching the two scrimmages. They were:

Tangradi-Smith-Bennett
Dupuis-Megna-Ferriero
Gibbons-Peters-Thompson
Uher-Sill-Holazapfel

Extras: Veilleux (knee), Kuhnhackl, Payerl, Chupp, Zurevinski, Manderson, Neal

Strait-Bortuzzo
Despres-Reese
Morrow-Dumoulin

Extras: Grant, Mormina, Sneep, Samuelsson, McNeill

I'd be a bit disappointed not to see Kuhn playing regularly with WBS. Megna must be looking good to slot into the 2C already. I feel a bit for Grant. He missed so much time in the two previous seasons before breaking out offensively last year to save a possible NHL future only to be a serious fight just to get minutes for the current squad. Samuelsson and McNeil are pretty much Wheeling locks.

Am excited to see how a potential Morrow-Dumoulin tandem looks.

Any mention as to what tomorrow nights lineup may be?

Darth Vitale 10-02-2012 09:06 PM

I read Hall is going down to OKC with RNH and Eberle. Unless they're a 3 man show they're going to have the best offense in the AHL by a hefty margin most likely. We'll likely have the best defense with Despres, Dumoulin, Morrow, Strait, Bortuzzo all being NHL quality players. Our G should be pretty good too (is that guy from LA likely to get the nod?). Should be interesting.