HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rumor: Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1266163)

Roof Daddy 09-30-2012 08:10 AM

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III
 
I was thinking about this scenario... say the entire season is cancelled and we end up with a draft lottery like 05. Say we get the 15th ish pick and a team like Carolina (with two stud centers already) holds the 1st pick. Would you deal Yakupov, MPS and our pick to get McKinnon? It would give us a 1-2 punch down the middle eerily similar to Sakic-Forsberg.

Johnny Bravo 09-30-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 54669267)
I was thinking about this scenario... say the entire season is cancelled and we end up with a draft lottery like 05. Say we get the 15th ish pick and a team like Carolina (with two stud centers already) holds the 1st pick. Would you deal Yakupov, MPS and our pick to get McKinnon? It would give us a 1-2 punch down the middle eerily similar to Sakic-Forsberg.

I would not do that deal.

Cerebral 09-30-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 54669267)
I was thinking about this scenario... say the entire season is cancelled and we end up with a draft lottery like 05. Say we get the 15th ish pick and a team like Carolina (with two stud centers already) holds the 1st pick. Would you deal Yakupov, MPS and our pick to get McKinnon? It would give us a 1-2 punch down the middle eerily similar to Sakic-Forsberg.

I wouldn't even think twice about making that move. While I love Yakupov's potential, MacKinnon is better in almost every area of the game outside of probably pure skating ability (where he's still far above average) and shot.

MacKinnon seems like he'll be a better two-way player and we need more help long-term at centre than at wing (where we have the obvious studs but also guys like Rieder, Paajarvi, etc. who could turn out). I think MacKinnon could end up being as good or better than Nugent-Hopkins and that is a scary thought.

notloilersfan 09-30-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral (Post 54671535)
I wouldn't even think twice about making that move. While I love Yakupov's potential, MacKinnon is better in almost every area of the game outside of probably pure skating ability (where he's still far above average) and shot.

MacKinnon seems like he'll be a better two-way player and we need more help long-term at centre than at wing (where we have the obvious studs but also guys like Rieder, Paajarvi, etc. who could turn out). I think MacKinnon could end up being as good or better than Nugent-Hopkins and that is a scary thought.

I would also do that trade in a heartbeat. Mackinnon, RNH, Lander + 4th would be championship worth down the middle.

JSC 09-30-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 54669267)
I was thinking about this scenario... say the entire season is cancelled and we end up with a draft lottery like 05. Say we get the 15th ish pick and a team like Carolina (with two stud centers already) holds the 1st pick. Would you deal Yakupov, MPS and our pick to get McKinnon? It would give us a 1-2 punch down the middle eerily similar to Sakic-Forsberg.

I'd probably do that as well. That'd give us a more balanced forward unit with:

Hall - McKinnon - ???
??? - RNH - Eberle

Not to mention that could allow us to flip Gagner for something if need be.

Bergeron47 09-30-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC (Post 54682135)
I'd probably do that as well. That'd give us a more balanced forward unit with:

Hall - McKinnon - Hemsky(Rieder)
Hartikainen - RNH - Eberle

Not to mention that could allow us to flip Gagner for something if need be.

Looks good to me

notloilersfan 09-30-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC (Post 54682135)
I'd probably do that as well. That'd give us a more balanced forward unit with:

Hall - McKinnon - ???
??? - RNH - Eberle

Not to mention that could allow us to flip Gagner for something if need be.

TBH Gags could look okay playing rightwing with Hall and Mackinnon. Give Nuge and Ebs a big body. Each line has playmaking, scoring and edge

Roof Daddy 09-30-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC (Post 54682135)
I'd probably do that as well. That'd give us a more balanced forward unit with:

Hall - McKinnon - ???
??? - RNH - Eberle

Not to mention that could allow us to flip Gagner for something if need be.

My thoughts were keep Hall-RNH-Ebs together, then target Ryan Clowe (5yrs 22mil) in UFA and roll with Clowe-McKinnon-Hemsky as a 2nd line. Gagner would be trade fodder.

nabob 09-30-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSC (Post 54682135)
I'd probably do that as well. That'd give us a more balanced forward unit with:

Hall - McKinnon - ???
??? - RNH - Eberle

Not to mention that could allow us to flip Gagner for something if need be.

With the amount of goals those guys would be scoring we would need a lot more stick tape and practice pucks.

jmoss45 10-01-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 54683619)
My thoughts were keep Hall-RNH-Ebs together, then target Ryan Clowe (5yrs 22mil) in UFA and roll with Clowe-McKinnon-Hemsky as a 2nd line. Gagner would be trade fodder.

Even without the whole McKinnon thing, I like the idea of bringing Clowe in. Then Yak can play the right side.

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Clowe-Gager- Yakupov
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
mps-belanger-Jones/hortichuk


Then its no longer a small team.

Mr Forever 10-01-2012 08:40 AM

I'd rather give up less assets and acquire Barkov or Monahan through the draft.

Imagine if we could get one of those two third or fourth overall:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Hartikainen/Paajarvi-Monahan/Barkov-Yakupov

Epic top 6.

Bushwick Bill 10-01-2012 09:23 AM

I'm just hoping that a year from now, Lazar is an Oiler

rockinghockey 10-01-2012 01:47 PM

If we get about the 15 pick I don't think I would move up to get MacKinnon, I would look at Lazar or Monahan. That would help us out as we need some size on our team.

rockinghockey 10-01-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 54654139)
I remember a poster credible poster on Spectors hockey at the time talking about how the team soured on Leddy. I thought it was too soon to sour on the kid, but they thought they could do something with Barker.

What a big let down Barker was for a top pick.

joestevens29 10-01-2012 03:00 PM

Even if the NHL comes back, Cody Franson will not be a part of it this season.

Franson, who skated for the Toronto Maple Leafs last year and is a restricted free agent, signed a full-season contract with Brynas of the Swedish Elite League on Monday.


Good move for Franson get a year of playing under his belt with no worries about being a healthy scratch. And if he does become one on a regular basis well then he is pretty much done.

SephF 10-01-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 54699761)
Even if the NHL comes back, Cody Franson will not be a part of it this season.

Franson, who skated for the Toronto Maple Leafs last year and is a restricted free agent, signed a full-season contract with Brynas of the Swedish Elite League on Monday.


Good move for Franson get a year of playing under his belt with no worries about being a healthy scratch. And if he does become one on a regular basis well then he is pretty much done.

Wow, interesting stuff!

Reimer 10-01-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 54699761)
Even if the NHL comes back, Cody Franson will not be a part of it this season.

Franson, who skated for the Toronto Maple Leafs last year and is a restricted free agent, signed a full-season contract with Brynas of the Swedish Elite League on Monday.


Good move for Franson get a year of playing under his belt with no worries about being a healthy scratch. And if he does become one on a regular basis well then he is pretty much done.

Crazy but it really does make sense for him to do this.

Jimmi Jenkins 10-01-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joestevens29 (Post 54699761)
Even if the NHL comes back, Cody Franson will not be a part of it this season.

Franson, who skated for the Toronto Maple Leafs last year and is a restricted free agent, signed a full-season contract with Brynas of the Swedish Elite League on Monday.


Good move for Franson get a year of playing under his belt with no worries about being a healthy scratch. And if he does become one on a regular basis well then he is pretty much done.

Flip Omark for Franson, two not NHLers traded for eachother?

joestevens29 10-01-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reimer (Post 54700553)
Crazy but it really does make sense for him to do this.

I saw on twitter he might have an out now, but truthfully if he gels in the SEL he should stay there this year. He can't go back to the NHL being a HS
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 54700589)
Flip Omark for Franson, two not NHLers traded for eachother?

I'd do it, but I doubt Burke wants Omark.

Reimer 10-01-2012 03:57 PM

Not sure where else to post this but I know there are a few fans of Oleksiak on this board.

Mark Stepneski ‏@andrewsdsp Jamie Oleksiak measured at 6-7, 254 pounds at Texas Stars training camp.

Wow I never realized that he was a ******* beast.

Jimmi Jenkins 10-01-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reimer (Post 54700879)
Not sure where else to post this but I know there are a few fans of Oleksiak on this board.

Mark Stepneski ‏@andrewsdsp Jamie Oleksiak measured at 6-7, 254 pounds at Texas Stars training camp.

Wow I never realized that he was a ******* beast.

If he still has his mobility and speed at that size he will destroy people

dnicks17 10-01-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins (Post 54701069)
If he still has his mobility and speed at that size he will destroy people

He doesn't have the best top end speed, but his first few steps and agility are pretty incredible for a guy his size.

Jimmi Jenkins 10-01-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnicks17 (Post 54701147)
He doesn't have the best top end speed, but his first few steps and agility are pretty incredible for a guy his size.

He is a good skater, from what I've heard, and at that size it's just crazy. If he would stay away from the Nuge, I'd be good.

Bryanbryoil 10-01-2012 05:03 PM

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III
 
Continue here.

notloilersfan 10-01-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reimer (Post 54700879)
Not sure where else to post this but I know there are a few fans of Oleksiak on this board.

Mark Stepneski ‏@andrewsdsp Jamie Oleksiak measured at 6-7, 254 pounds at Texas Stars training camp.

Wow I never realized that he was a ******* beast.

Niagara wasted so many assets to get the guy last year. His size has him completely over-rated. I would have taken a regular 19 year old undrafted ohl vet over him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.