HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phaneuf to Chicago (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1266303)

DontToewzMeBro 10-02-2012 01:58 AM

Phaneuf to Chicago
 
To Chicago
Phaneuf
2nd

To Toronto
1st
McNeil
Hjarlmasson

Keith-Phaneuf
Seabrook-Leddy/Rosi/Oduya
Rosi/Leddy/Oduya

Cogburn 10-02-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro (Post 54712271)
To Chicago
Phaneuf
2nd

To Toronto
1st
McNeil
Hjarlmasson

Keith-Phaneuf
Seabrook-Leddy/Rosi/Oduya
Rosi/Leddy/Oduya

I don't normally say this, but I think Toronto gets the raw end of this deal.

Woll Smoth 10-02-2012 02:19 AM

Lol no.

Whydidijoin* 10-02-2012 02:40 AM

Hell no from Leafs.

Intense Rage 10-02-2012 03:17 AM

Terrible deal for the Leafs. The 1st will be low and Hammer and McNeil are not big enough incentives to do such a deal.

I think you need to step back and take a look at the proposals you make as they are very one sided in our favor. Who would the Leafs even replace Phaneuf with? Hammer at his best is a good #4.

DontToewzMeBro 10-02-2012 03:29 AM

[QUOTE=Intense Rage;54712533]Terrible deal for the Leafs. The 1st will be low and Hammer and McNeil are not big enough incentives to do such a deal.

I think you need to step back and take a look at the proposals you make as they are very one sided in our favor. Who would the Leafs even replace Phaneuf with? Hammer at his best is a good

Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Ian White and Jamal Mayers

.......

IrishPaulie 10-02-2012 03:29 AM

Gunnarsson and Hjarlmasson have extremely similar games so I don't know why Toronto would have any interest in him. McNeil is an average prospect and a 1st just doesn't make up the difference. This deal would make a big hole in the Leafs defense and wouldn't address a single need for them. Leafs easily say no here.

IrishPaulie 10-02-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro (Post 54712569)
Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Ian White and Jamal Mayers

.......

Marco Sturm, Wayne Primeau, Brad Stuart

.......

I don't think Thornton would be traded for that garbage again. One teams gain is certainly not the accepted value of a player.

Man Bear Pig 10-02-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intense Rage (Post 54712533)

Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Ian White and Jamal Mayers

.......

THAT'S your argument? really? :laugh:

RedBaronIndian 10-02-2012 05:25 AM

Completely ignoring the value of the trade, Phaneuf to Chicago is a non starter. Blackhawks gave away Campbell because they did not want a overpaid 7 million Dman on second pairing. I doubt Bowman will give some serious assets for Phaneuf at 6.5 million on second pairing. From a Toronto POV, I doubt that they want to trade their captain who also happens to be their no 1 Dman unless its to fill their 1C hole.

seanlinden 10-02-2012 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishPaulie (Post 54712573)
Gunnarsson and Hjarlmasson have extremely similar games so I don't know why Toronto would have any interest in him. McNeil is an average prospect and a 1st just doesn't make up the difference. This deal would make a big hole in the Leafs defense and wouldn't address a single need for them. Leafs easily say no here.

Well... in all honesty... Toronto's short on the blueline when it comes to stay at home guys, if there's one player we could duplicate, it would be Carl Gunnarsson. In fact, Hjalmarsson may be even more desirable because he's slightly more of a stay at home guy while Gunnarsson has a bit better puckmoving ability... splitting hairs. He's probably the perfect fit for our 2nd pair with one of Gardiner/Liles.

That being said, there's zero chance of the Leafs considering this. Their position of weakness is at the top of the lineup. They've got depth and youth at just about every position, so there's absolutely no reason to take an immediate downgrade. Realistically, the only pieces that Phaneuf would be available for are a centre that's significantly better than him (our depth on the blueline isn't as good as depth at centre), a significantly better goaltender, or marginally better defenceman... not in terms of value / cap hit / contract, in terms of actual contribution on the ice. I think we can all agree that Hjalmarsson isn't that.

The Podium 10-02-2012 07:20 AM

Id only consider it for Sharp (as well as the obvious untouchables) on the condition that he can move back to C. Obviously thatll be a no-go from chicago's POV considering the need for a 2nd line C and the strength at D. I however would love to aquire Hjarlmasson by other means, what would it take to get him?

Fearless Leaf* 10-02-2012 07:25 AM

Definitely one of the better deals that I have seen proposed for Phaneuf in a long-time but still no, he is too valuable to our organization and would badly hurt losing him.

thadd 10-02-2012 08:32 AM

Since Schen has left I can't see Leafs fans being interested in this deal. Makes their top 4 way too soft IMO.

Leo Trollmarov 10-02-2012 08:41 AM

Not a chance. It would take a LOT more than that to see Dion leave the blue and white.

Hawkaholic 10-02-2012 09:09 AM

No thanks, not interested at all in taking on his contract, or him in general.

Also, Phaneuf would not over take Seabrook on the #1 pairing, so we would be paying a 2nd pairing guy 6.5mil plus trading away good pieces. A non-starter.

TOGuy14 10-02-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro (Post 54712271)
To Chicago
Phaneuf
2nd

To Toronto
1st
McNeil
Hjarlmasson

Keith-Phaneuf
Seabrook-Leddy/Rosi/Oduya
Rosi/Leddy/Oduya

How does this possibly improve Toronto as a team?

coldsteelonice84 10-02-2012 10:02 AM

No thanks, what about switch it to Grabo, keep the 2nd?

dubey 10-02-2012 10:12 AM

Phaneuf for Kane

CreeksideStrangler 10-02-2012 10:19 AM

Id do phaneuf for sharp

Intense Rage 10-02-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 54715539)
Phaneuf for Kane

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler (Post 54715663)
Id do phaneuf for sharp

The Hawks would not do either. You would probably get better value if you traded Phaneuf elsewhere as we have less need for him with our top pairing the way it is.

On the OP Not exactly the best value going to Toronto, but it still doesn't make it good for the Hawks.

HockeySensible 10-02-2012 12:58 PM

Why would Toronto make that deal? Not that Chicago wants Phaneuf, but really..

tsujimoto74 10-02-2012 01:03 PM

Why does Chi even need Phaneuf? Their top pairing is just fine.

zytz 10-02-2012 01:05 PM

OP I keep thinking we've seen the worst of your proposals... and I continue to be wrong.

Chicago doesn't want Phaneuf

While McNeil and Hammer are highly regarded in CHI they're not even close to worth Phaneuf

rockinghockey 10-02-2012 01:34 PM

Of course TO fans think Phan is a great dman, every game I watch he gets beat wide and the other team scores. EDM has a bad dmen core but I would not take Phan, no thank you especially with that contract.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.