HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Music: Who's your favourite Beatle - if you had to pick one? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1266557)

Firestorm 10-02-2012 07:47 PM

Who's your favourite Beatle - if you had to pick one?
 
I think mine would have to be Paul.

Francesa 10-02-2012 07:49 PM

Where is the fifth Beatle, Apu?

Ceremony 10-02-2012 07:52 PM

Ringo. #peaceandlove

le_sean 10-02-2012 07:54 PM

George Harrison. Underrated musician and lyricist. Wrote some of their best tunes and went on to have a really successful solo career.

Groot 10-02-2012 08:04 PM

George>>>>>Paul>John>>>>>>>Ringo

Great guitarist, lyricist, and person.

Philly85 10-02-2012 08:12 PM

george harrison. that guy was a beauty.

RoyBoyCoy 10-02-2012 08:18 PM

Paul because music.

DRWCountryClub 10-02-2012 08:23 PM

George.

Actually, maybe Pete Best. Worst break in entertainment history.

jumptheshark 10-02-2012 08:27 PM

Ringo

He openly admits he lucked out in his timing when he joined the band. There was a book written a few years ago and Ringo was quoted as saying "I was never told why they wanted to change drummers and I never asked. All I know is that almost over night my life changed and if I never find out why it wont bother me. I was the luckiest guy on the planet." Or something to that extent.

I liked Ringo because even when John and George were not talking to each other ( this happened a few tines) they still were talking to Ringo and when Paul had pissed off John and George, he still talked to Ringo and what not. Ringo was the good time charlie of the band. he was happy for the ride.

According to Pete Best he was never told why he was sacked and it something that the beatles never really addressed. My mother was from Liverpool and she says that the feeling was that Pete was getting all the best girls and John and Paul didn;t like that. Another version has Pete pulling a girl that George had his eyes on

norrisnick 10-02-2012 08:27 PM

George AINEC

DRWCountryClub 10-02-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 54728313)
Ringo

He openly admits he lucked out in his timing when he joined the band. There was a book written a few years ago and Ringo was quoted as saying "I was never told why they wanted to change drummers and I never asked. All I know is that almost over night my life changed and if I never find out why it wont bother me. I was the luckiest guy on the planet." Or something to that extent.

I liked Ringo because even when John and George were not talking to each other ( this happened a few tines) they still were talking to Ringo and when Paul had pissed off John and George, he still talked to Ringo and what not. Ringo was the good time charlie of the band. he was happy for the ride.

According to Pete Best he was never told why he was sacked and it something that the beatles never really addressed. My mother was from Liverpool and she says that the feeling was that Pete was getting all the best girls and John and Paul didn;t like that. Another version has Pete pulling a girl that George had his eyes on

Not too mention the Beatles really got a kick start because of Pete's mom. I think she's quoted saying she'd kill them if she ever got her hands on them. I also heard it had to do with his looks, but that might be untrue.

Firestorm 10-02-2012 08:32 PM

I read in the Beatles Anthology that Pete was not the sharpest crayon in the box and the others were.

EvilCorporateLawyer 10-02-2012 08:38 PM

Stuart Sutcliffe

jumptheshark 10-02-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forty (Post 54728387)
Not too mention the Beatles really got a kick start because of Pete's mom. I think she's quoted saying she'd kill them if she ever got her hands on them. I also heard it had to do with his looks, but that might be untrue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestorm (Post 54728421)
I read in the Beatles Anthology that Pete was not the sharpest crayon in the box and the others were.

One thing I do find interesting is that after he got sacked none of the other three every contacted him. Even after they broke up and he sent them messages via their lawyers, they never returned his calls.

And when they released the anthology set the first he knew about it is when he got a letter in the post explaining what percentage of monies he would get. He sent George and Paul thank you letters (he wont say how much he got but he said it made him very happy) and asked if they wanted to get together for a pint or something. He never heard back from them. Again, only have his side of the story because when asked, John, Paul and George never really answered the question and Ringo did not care (Ringo was a little older then the other guys and had been playing in bands for awhile and had been a hired gun in previous bands--I think that fact while he was the same age as Lennon the fact that he had played in more bands and had done more stuff then Best may have played into it)

Frozen Fiend 10-02-2012 08:44 PM

Paul for me.

LOVE EM ALL.

Bruv 10-02-2012 08:44 PM

McCartney.. followed by Ringo.

Straaawberry fields foreeevvaaa

DRWCountryClub 10-02-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 54728677)
One thing I do find interesting is that after he got sacked none of the other three every contacted him. Even after they broke up and he sent them messages via their lawyers, they never returned his calls.

And when they released the anthology set the first he knew about it is when he got a letter in the post explaining what percentage of monies he would get. He sent George and Paul thank you letters (he wont say how much he got but he said it made him very happy) and asked if they wanted to get together for a pint or something. He never heard back from them. Again, only have his side of the story because when asked, John, Paul and George never really answered the question and Ringo did not care (Ringo was a little older then the other guys and had been playing in bands for awhile and had been a hired gun in previous bands--I think that fact while he was the same age as Lennon the fact that he had played in more bands and had done more stuff then Best may have played into it)

Yeah, they are/were very close-mouthed about the whole situation.

Guy doesn't even hold a grudge.

Billy Batts 10-02-2012 08:47 PM

I love them all, but if I had to pick it would be Macca.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cudi (Post 54728717)
McCartney.. followed by Ringo.

Straaawberry fields foreeevvaaa

SFF was a Lennon song, but good call. :D

ToddRundgren 10-02-2012 08:55 PM

John
Paul
George
Ringo

John was kind of a "Richard", but he just seemed so human. Way up, way down, I don't know. I like him. Plus I like his songs and his voice.

Shareefruck 10-02-2012 09:41 PM

I love John Lennon and George Harrison. Harrison's the more loveable human being and Lennon has had better output.

Paul McCartney is the one that everyone clicks with right away and he's the most physically talented, but the more I got into the band, the more I felt that his music never feels personal or meaningful to me on any more than a cliched level.

My song rankings:

1. JL - Tomorrow Never Knows
2. JL - A Day in the Life
3. GH - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (the version on the "Love" album is perfect)
4. JL - Revolution
5. JL - I'm Only Sleeping (Doesn't get enough love-- it gets me every time)
6. JL - Strawberry Fields Forever
7. PM - Abbey Road Medley
8. PM - Here There and Everywhere
9. GH - Inner Light
10. GH - Here Comes the Sun
11. JL - Across the Universe
12. JL - Norwegian Wood
13. GH - Within You Without You
14. JL - Nowhere Man
15. JL - In My Life

DRWCountryClub 10-02-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shareefruck (Post 54729939)
I love John Lennon and George Harrison. Harrison's the more loveable human being and Lennon has had better output.

Paul McCartney is the one that everyone clicks with right away and he's the most physically talented, but the more I got into the band, the more I felt that his music never feels personal or meaningful to me on any more than a cliched level.

My song rankings:

1. JL - Tomorrow Never Knows
2. JL - A Day in the Life
3. GH - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (the version on the "Love" album is perfect)
4. JL - Revolution
5. JL - I'm Only Sleeping (Doesn't get enough love-- it gets me every time)
6. JL - Strawberry Fields Forever
7. PM - Abbey Road Medley
8. PM - Here There and Everywhere
9. GH - Inner Light
10. GH - Here Comes the Sun
11. JL - Across the Universe
12. JL - Norwegian Wood
13. JL - Nowhere Man
14. JL - In My Life
15. GH - Within You Without You

Yesterday, Blackbird, Get Back, Hey Jude... Not meaningful? I know what you're saying though.

Behn Wilson 10-02-2012 09:46 PM

I like all 4 of them but George has always ben my favorite.

kihei 10-02-2012 09:48 PM

John Lennon. But really I like them all.

jumptheshark 10-02-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forty (Post 54728729)
Yeah, they are/were very close-mouthed about the whole situation.

Guy doesn't even hold a grudge.

The situation reminds of ACDC when they sacked Mark Evans and brought in Cliff Williams. They never really told him why. They did it face to face and not via their manager like the Beatles did. The only comment that always comes up about Mark is "He was too nice of a guy"

Like with Best, ACDC has kept their distance from Evans and have done little things to remove him from the history of the band.

Maybe Best was too nice of a guy or not mean enough for the rest of the band

Shareefruck 10-02-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forty (Post 54730037)
Yesterday, Blackbird, Get Back, Hey Jude... Not meaningful? I know what you're saying though.

I meant meaningful to me specifically. They're great songs, but when I listen to them, the "honest feelings" (don't know how else to describe it) they give me feel more artificial to me than great Lennon/Harrison stuff.

Maybe it's just that I'm not as won over by ballad-y crooning than I am by other approaches. I think he's great, but when I like his songs, almost all of the appeal for me is strictly that they sound fantastic.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.