HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Phantoms News (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1266581)

Frostbite Warrior 10-02-2012 09:50 PM

Phantoms News

I have news on the Phantoms. 2 Teams are Intrested in the Glens Falls Civic Center and those teams are Binghamton and Connecticut because there lease is up in 2013 according to a worker at the Glens Falls Civic Center. This is very legit no joke and i am not making this up:rant:

HartsyMania 10-02-2012 10:46 PM

Yep - They're coming to Allentown, PA in 2014

tenpinsplit 10-03-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 54730143)
I have news on the Phantoms. 2 Teams are Intrested in the Glens Falls Civic Center and those teams are Binghamton and Connecticut because there lease is up in 2013 according to a worker at the Glens Falls Civic Center. This is very legit no joke and i am not making this up:rant:

why would binghamton be interested in Glens Falls? the county signed a lease with the hockey club and ottawa signed an extension.

Frostbite Warrior 10-03-2012 10:49 AM

I do not know on what you are talking about and i checked that out on Google and they did not sign an Extension because you did not post a link about that so how is that true?

pelts35.com 10-03-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 54730143)

If you are going to report it, at least report it correctly (although is a "worker at the Glens Falls Civic Center" an acceptable source?). It would not be Binghamton and Connecticut having interest in Glens Falls, it would be the parent clubs (Ottawa and the Rangers) that would have interest in moving their AHL affiliate to Glens Falls.

Not sure what how Googled the Binghamton situation, but it's the 2nd story listed when you search for "Binghamton Senators lease"

Dated 6/21/12

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/top...with-senators/

"The puck will continue to drop in Binghamton for at least five more years.

Thursday, the Broome County Legislature approved a lease agreement that will keep the Binghamton Senators on the ice in the Veterans' Memorial Arena through the 2016-2017 season"...

"The new lease agreement also means the team will continue to be affiliated with the NHL's Ottawa Senators for another three seasons."

mmazz22 10-05-2012 06:59 PM

I live in Binghamton and the Sens signed a three year deal with Ottawa and a five year deal with the county on the arena. So no there not looking towards Glens Falls for next year. And anyways, aren't the Phantoms there for this season and next season? Dumb thread.

pelts35.com 10-07-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmazz22 (Post 54792585)
I live in Binghamton and the Sens signed a three year deal with Ottawa and a five year deal with the county on the arena. So no there not looking towards Glens Falls for next year. And anyways, aren't the Phantoms there for this season and next season? Dumb thread.

The lease runs out after the 12-13 season. The Brooks expected the arena in Allentown to be ready for the start of the 13-14 season, but apparently will not be. In preparation for the Phantoms departure, the city is looking for a new tenant, so the Phantoms simply renewing after this season for 1 more season not guaranteed since the city is looking for a more long-term tenant.

mmazz22 10-07-2012 09:45 PM

So the Phantoms might be lame duck again next year? What a mess. I still have a Leigh Valley Extreme puck from that team that never happened in the UHL. We were so excited to have them in the UHL, a team close to us but as you know the end of that story.