HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Landeskog signs with Djurgården (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1266659)

Freudian 10-03-2012 06:43 AM

Landeskog signs with Djurgården

Source

It's in the league below SEL, so he doesn't get to injure Duchene. First game on Thursday, according to the article.

kento19 10-03-2012 07:13 AM

It's a two month deal. Lebrun says if lockout lasts longer than two months he will extend his contract.

Aerolanche 10-03-2012 11:14 AM

Why is Landeskog not in the SEL? Couldn't he play for Stockholm?

Systemfel 10-03-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerolanche (Post 54738983)

There's not a team called Stockholm. Djurgarden plays its games in Stockholm.

Ivan13 10-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerolanche (Post 54738983)

Because he played for Djurgårdens IF before he came over to NA and he seems like a loyal guy.

Kloparren 10-03-2012 11:23 AM

Although I'm glad he's playing, I'm disappointed by the amount of prospects who've chosen not to play at a higher league level AND especially some of the European ones who decided to play for their hometown team instead of going elsewhere like OEL going to the 2nd league or Kopitar (it wasn't even Kopitar's hometown team, it was the one he played his hockey with when he was drafted).

Would prefer if they did something like Karlsson signing with Jokereit which is a great Finnish team because he couldn't get something going at the top level in Sweden.

Also like Duchene's decision to join Frolunda, I'd still prefer KHL like Kane did but think it can be a good move.

Aerolanche 10-03-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 54739123)
There's not a team called Stockholm. Djurgarden plays its games in Stockholm.

What about AIK?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 54739153)
Because he played for Djurgårdens IF before he came over to NA and he seems like a loyal guy.

Fair enough.

Freudian 10-03-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerolanche (Post 54739195)
What about AIK?

AIK is from Stockholm and does play in the SEL, but there is no way a Djurgården player like Landeskog could ever play with them. The rivalry is too big.

Freudian 10-03-2012 12:30 PM

Do it

Foppa2118 10-03-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevekento19 (Post 54735721)
It's a two month deal. Lebrun says if lockout lasts longer than two months he will extend his contract.

Two month deal, then he'll extend? What happens if the lockout ends tomorrow? Why wouldn't he sign a year long deal with an out clause?

I hope I'm reading into this too much, but I don't understand the incentive for either side to sign a two month deal, if he's intent on extending if the lockout is still going. Some kind of CBA type of reasoning on their side maybe. Hope they confirm he has an out clause on the deal. I can't imagine him signing a deal without one.

Ivan13 10-03-2012 02:13 PM

All SEL/Allsvenskan contracts have an NHL out clause if I'm not mistaken.

Avs_19 10-03-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa2118 (Post 54742771)
Two month deal, then he'll extend? What happens if the lockout ends tomorrow? Why wouldn't he sign a year long deal with an out clause?

I hope I'm reading into this too much, but I don't understand the incentive for either side to sign a two month deal, if he's intent on extending if the lockout is still going. Some kind of CBA type of reasoning on their side maybe. Hope they confirm he has an out clause on the deal. I can't imagine him signing a deal without one.

He has an out clause....

Quote:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Peter Wallen, agent for Gabriel Landeskog, says his client has agreed to 2-month deal with Djurgarden (free to leave before if lockout ends)
Quote:

@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Obviously if NHL lockout is still going on through 2 months, my guess is Landeskog extends his deal in Djurgarden

Tomas W 10-03-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 54743027)
All SEL/Allsvenskan contracts have an NHL out clause if I'm not mistaken.

As soon as the NHL gets started they will bolt back to Colorado.

Freudian 10-03-2012 02:46 PM

I think contract status (for those with NHL contracts) is not all that interesting. Obviously all of them can leave when the NHL lockout ends.

RobinDIF 10-03-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerolanche (Post 54739195)
What about AIK?

Fair enough.

The rivalry is too big...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ePn7TseF8

clatchie 10-03-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinDIF (Post 54747093)

The rivalry isn't too big. The teams have fans with brains that are too small.

Freudian 10-03-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clatchie (Post 54750675)
The rivalry isn't too big. The teams have fans with brains that are too small.

Both teams were founded in 1891. They have been rivals not only when it comes to hockey but also football and other sports for many decades.

The rivalry is as big as you can get in sports. There is no way a player like Landeskog would for a second consider to play for AIK. It's the last team in the world he would play for.

That some fans are idiots isn't that big a factor. They could be teddybears and he still wouldn't consider playing for AIK.

Aerolanche 10-03-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 54752367)
Both teams were founded in 1891. They have been rivals not only when it comes to hockey but also football and other sports for many decades.

The rivalry is as big as you can get in sports. There is no way a player like Landeskog would for a second consider to play for AIK. It's the last team in the world he would play for.

That some fans are idiots isn't that big a factor. They could be teddybears and he still wouldn't consider playing for AIK.

I had no idea. That's pretty cool. Do they play each other often despite the different league? Is there a stream for these games?

Foppa2118 10-04-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 54743153)
He has an out clause....

That's good, thanks for the clarification. I would have been shocked if he would have done that to the Avs, but the two month deal seems strange if he's definitely going to re-sign. I wonder what the reasoning is?

Just a guess....I wonder if this is a bit more influence from the Avs kinda like the AHL thing sounded. If he gets a nagging injury or something, he won't be obligated to play through it this way. :dunno:

If that is the case, I imagine the captaincy is playing a factor.

clatchie 10-04-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian (Post 54752367)

That's cool, thanks for the back story.

Foppa Frossa 10-04-2012 02:14 PM

If he still plays for Djurgården in December, I will go see the game against Västerås on the 28th when I go visit my parents for the holidays. I will probably be the only one there with an Avs jersey on :laugh:

RobinDIF 10-04-2012 03:09 PM

He will make his debut on the 10th against Örebro.

Bubba Thudd 10-04-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foppa Frossa (Post 54765071)
If he still plays for Djurgården in December, I will go see the game against Västerås on the 28th when I go visit my parents for the holidays. I will probably be the only one there with an Avs jersey on :laugh:

I wouldn't bother wearing the Avs jersey. Why represent any NHL team/player, when the NHL/players are doing such a poor job of representing themselves?

RobinDIF 10-04-2012 03:22 PM

Gabe just said that it isnt sure that he will play a full season in Djurgården if the lockout last all year. If it is a full year lockout, he might be looking to a better league.

The Kingslayer 10-04-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobinDIF (Post 54766795)
Gabe just said that it isnt sure that he will play a full season in Djurgården if the lockout last all year. If it is a full year lockout, he might be looking to a better league.

I much prefer him in Lake Eerie