HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Andrei Markov signs for Vityaz Chekhov (KHL) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1266733)

Pierre Dagenais 10-03-2012 12:26 PM

Andrei Markov signs for Vityaz Chekhov (KHL)
 
https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/statu...87683660283905

Quote:

Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko

#Habs D Andrei Markov has just become the 27th NHLer signed in #KHL. #Vityaz officially announces his signing
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4SWGZMCAAAFeAn.jpg:large

Reunites with brother Danil Markov

Et le But 10-03-2012 12:30 PM

But can he fight?

katatoniak 10-03-2012 12:33 PM

they are not brothers

hototogisu 10-03-2012 12:34 PM

Can't wait to see him threading some beauty cross-ice passes to...uh...Trevor Gillies?

ppil 10-03-2012 12:34 PM

Judging by the pic, everyone is really excited about this signing

HH 10-03-2012 12:50 PM

He'll blow up his knee.

onice 10-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppil (Post 54739435)
Judging by the pic, everyone is really excited about this signing

LOL. I was gonna post the same thing.

Habs 4 Life 10-03-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryHabs (Post 54739757)
He'll blow up his knee.

I don't even want to think about something like that happening. Can you imagine career as a Hab could be over

HH 10-03-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 54739783)
I don't even want to think about something like that happening. Can you imagine career as a Hab could be over

:(

I just have a bad feeling it will happen. The guy has no luck what so ever.

Ivan13 10-03-2012 12:59 PM

Why Andrei, why? I can't understand why he signed for that joke of a team.

hototogisu 10-03-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 54739981)
Why Andrei, why? I can't understand why he signed for that joke of a team.

Try to look at it this way...the next time Vityaz decides to goon it up, which side would you prefer Markov to be on?

Et le But 10-03-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 54739981)
Why Andrei, why? I can't understand why he signed for that joke of a team.

Most likely because nobody else was willing to gamble with his insurance cost.

Robotic 10-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 54739981)
Why Andrei, why? I can't understand why he signed for that joke of a team.

Because he wants to be in Moscow and CSKA and Dynamo have already made big lockout signings, Atlant probably didn't want to go in that direction, and Spartak has no money.

Ivan13 10-03-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 54740091)
Try to look at it this way...the next time Vityaz decides to goon it up, which side would you prefer Markov to be on?

Good point, but it just feels wrong, one of my favourite players playing for one of the teams I hate the most (they're neck and neck with Bruins, Red Wings and KAC Klagenfurt).

vokiel 10-03-2012 01:29 PM

This is a good thing for him. He needs to play more than anyone else on the habs roster.

evilstanley 10-03-2012 01:36 PM

im gonna go ahead and say good for him

the guy needs to play games for f sake

would you rather have him idling until this lockout resolves? theres only so much exhibition games and off-ice can do in terms of rehabilitation when it comes to serious injury. you dont regain your sychronism or confidence.

The routine for an NHL player varies greatly in the case of a long-term injury, and the only way to get back on track is to play games at a competitive level. The khl is perfect for Marky right now. Least we can say is that there's muscle on his team, hehe.

granted the risk of injury is always there. The guy himself knows it.

Do you think HE is scared? :yo:

Analyzer 10-03-2012 01:48 PM

In Soviet Russia no emotion shows you!

What a ****in' goon.

Maybe he'll make that team respectable ? Not bloody likely, but you just know no one is going to **** with him. He'll develop a bad ass attitude and return to the NHL having a chip on his shoulder where the habs are lacking a team full of goons to back him up.

MasterD 10-03-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarryHabs (Post 54739859)
:(

I just have a bad feeling it will happen. The guy has no luck what so ever.

The guy had TWO injuries in his freaking career, one of them (2nd time around) being a freak accident, and he's plagued? Please...

CaptainBenn 10-03-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterD (Post 54741267)
The guy had TWO injuries in his freaking career, one of them (2nd time around) being a freak accident, and he's plagued? Please...

THIS 100x.
Can't repeat it enough.

What have you done for me lately.

Habs 10-03-2012 02:25 PM

these players are taking big insurance/contract chances

Aspirine 10-03-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 54741137)
In Soviet Russia no emotion shows you!

What a ****in' goon.

Maybe he'll make that team respectable ? Not bloody likely, but you just know no one is going to **** with him. He'll develop a bad ass attitude and return to the NHL having a chip on his shoulder where the habs are lacking a team full of goons to back him up.

I bet on this too.
Do it Dr. Drei!

Et le But 10-03-2012 02:37 PM

I hope Markov is looking forward to plenty of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN0LsurLOFM

Kriss E 10-03-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 54739783)
I don't even want to think about something like that happening. Can you imagine career as a Hab could be over

Would you rather he missed yet another year of action?
He'll get to play a lot of minutes there, without much pressure, and has plenty to teammates to protect him. It's good.

If he blows his knee yet again, then he'd probably have blown it in the NHL anyways.
If he does go through those injuries this year, at least it should make Bergevin plan accordingly.

This is a good thing.

Aspirine 10-03-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppil (Post 54739435)
Judging by the pic, everyone is really excited about this signing

http://i49.tinypic.com/243j60k.jpg

Crimson Skorpion 10-03-2012 02:52 PM

This lockout is a blessing in disguise for Markov. Now he can get used to playing with his fixed knee, shake off any rust and be ready for the NHL season, whenever that may come.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.