HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVII (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1266985)

LadyStanley 10-04-2012 01:40 AM

Non-Sharks NorCal Sports Thread XVII

Unfortunately, starting out on a sad note

Pat Neshek ‏@PatNeshek
Please pray for my family. Tonight my wife & I lost our first & only son 23 hours after he was born with no explanation.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204437

LadyStanley 10-04-2012 01:43 AM

Non-Sharks Nor*Cal Sports... XVII
Quote:

Originally Posted by USF Shark (Post 50671455)
+ general sports chatter

BAY AREA TEAMS:
http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=6506http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=6508
Team Sport League Venue
San Francisco 49ers Football National Football League Candlestick Park
Oakland Raiders Football National Football League McAfee Coliseum
San Francisco Giants Baseball National League (Major League Baseball) AT&T Park
Oakland Athletics Baseball American League (Major League Baseball) McAfee Coliseum
Golden State Warriors Basketball National Basketball Association Oracle Arena
Sacramento Kings Basketball National Basketball Association Arco Arena
San Jose Earthquakes Soccer Major League Soccer Buck Shaw Stadium
San Jose Giants Baseball California League (Minor League Baseball) San Jose Municipal Stadium
San Jose SabreCats - *Cannot LinkFootball Arena Football League HP Pavilion at San Jose
San Jose Stealth Lacrosse National Lacrosse League HP Pavilion at San Jose
San Francisco Dragons Lacrosse Major League Lacrosse Spartan Stadium

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/280/74791279.pnghttp://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4324/94915244.png
NCAA Division I College Sports
California Golden Bears
St. Mary's College Gaels
San Francisco Dons
San Francisco State Gators
San Josť State Spartans
Santa Clara Broncos
Stanford Cardinal

Moo 10-04-2012 03:51 AM

First "49ers rule" post of the thread.

But seriously I hope the Rams win tonight against Arizona and allow us the chance to get back into the NFC West lead by beating Buffalo.

Graveland 10-04-2012 03:55 AM

I hope the Rams destroy the Cards tonight... Never though i'd say that :laugh:.

Also WTB Bay area world series.

Mafoofoo 10-04-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moo (Post 54756863)
First "49ers rule" post of the thread.

But seriously I hope the Rams win tonight against Arizona and allow us the chance to get back into the NFC West lead by beating Buffalo.

Not gonna happen.

Pinkfloyd 10-04-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 54757115)
Not gonna happen.

Someone is hoping beyond hope. The Bills stink.

HOOCH2173 10-04-2012 10:36 AM

Ok so explain to me why the Reds are Playing at AT&T park when they have the better record?

I read somewhere that the MLB already had the playoffs set and were just awaiting the wild card. which even that doesn't make any sense to me?

Oppa 10-04-2012 10:53 AM

they still get "home field advantage" in a 2-3 game format

stupid but I'll take it

likewall32 10-04-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 (Post 54759131)
Ok so explain to me why the Reds are Playing at AT&T park when they have the better record?

I read somewhere that the MLB already had the playoffs set and were just awaiting the wild card. which even that doesn't make any sense to me?

Schedule was made before the second wild card format was agreed upon, so this change is for this year only. Since the old format would have had games starting on Friday, because that's now the wild card play-in game, they lose a day in the LDS, which they chose to be a travel day.

Instead of:
two games @ higher seed, travel day, two games @ lower seed, travel day, Game 5 @ higher seed,
they're doing:
two games @ lower seed, travel day, three games @ higher seed.

It'll be back to normal next year for the LDS, this year's LCS and WS will be unchanged.

bigwillie 10-04-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 54756009)
Unfortunately, starting out on a sad note

Pat Neshek ‏@PatNeshek
Please pray for my family. Tonight my wife & I lost our first & only son 23 hours after he was born with no explanation.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1204437

So sad. My heart goes out to the Neshek family. Can't even begin to imagine how that feels.

HOOCH2173 10-04-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likewall32 (Post 54759641)
Schedule was made before the second wild card format was agreed upon, so this change is for this year only. Since the old format would have had games starting on Friday, because that's now the wild card play-in game, they lose a day in the LDS, which they chose to be a travel day.

Instead of:
two games @ higher seed, travel day, two games @ lower seed, travel day, Game 5 @ higher seed,
they're doing:
two games @ lower seed, travel day, three games @ higher seed.

It'll be back to normal next year for the LDS, this year's LCS and WS will be unchanged.

I had a feeling that was it. thanks man!

Wedontneedroads 10-04-2012 12:11 PM

I still can't believe the A's came back and won that game. This team has so much heart it's unbelievable.

I bought a $2 ticket months ago hoping that game 162 would mean something, but I never could have imagined it finishing up so perfectly. Best $2 ever.

Time to exact some revenge on Detroit for 06' and see how far this young team can go.

LET'S GO OAKLAND!!! :yo::yo::yo:

Mafoofoo 10-04-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 54758089)
Someone is hoping beyond hope. The Bills stink.

We'll see. The Vikes showed you guys aren't the invincible force of nature you guys looked like in week 1,2 and 4. :p:

Shape 10-04-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 54764683)
We'll see. The Vikes showed you guys aren't the invincible force of nature you guys looked like in week 1,2 and 4. :p:

And that defeat helped the Niners immensely going forward. Did ya see what happened to the Jets? :laugh: They know they're not invincible. And I thank Minny for showing them that early so it doesn't happen again.

Niners should handle the Bills at home. I'll sport an avatar of your choosing if they don't. ;)

HOOCH2173 10-04-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape (Post 54766169)
And that defeat helped the Niners immensely going forward. Did ya see what happened to the Jets? :laugh: They know they're not invincible. And I thank Minny for showing them that early so it doesn't happen again.

Niners should handle the Bills at home. I'll sport an avatar of your choosing if they don't. ;)

Honey Boo Boo and the Human Thumb known as her mom for th Avatar! ha ha.

HOOCH2173 10-04-2012 05:32 PM

So when do you guys add the San Francisco Bulls to the Nor Cal Sports list?

Shape 10-04-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 (Post 54768363)
Honey Boo Boo and the Human Thumb known as her mom for th Avatar! ha ha.

I would rather do Fatty Doo Doo.

gonegonegone* 10-04-2012 07:40 PM

if niners, giants/As, and lakers all win this year (all of which is plausible), then the state of california will have all the major championships at the same time (since LAK will still be reigning champs if the nhl season is canceled). that has never happened before and likely it will never happen again. think how awesome that would be!!

slocal 10-04-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape (Post 54769995)
I would rather do Fatty Doo Doo.

Oh man, was that episode on point with today's "bar" :laugh:

Shape 10-04-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slocal (Post 54771167)
Oh man, was that episode on point with today's "bar" :laugh:

Thank god for James Cameron!

.... james cameron

Kitten Mittons 10-04-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endy (Post 54770881)
if niners, giants/As, and lakers all win this year (all of which is plausible), then the state of california will have all the major championships at the same time (since LAK will still be reigning champs if the nhl season is canceled). that has never happened before and likely it will never happen again. think how awesome that would be!!

Why not Warriors??? :sarcasm:

Mafoofoo 10-04-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shape (Post 54766169)

The theme of this season for the Bills is get **** on one game, wreck the opponent the next. So this week falls in line with wreck the opponent.

Ok enjoy sporting a Bills avy after Sunday. ;)

Kitten Mittons 10-04-2012 09:43 PM

The Jets are a joke. So are the Bills. Not sold yet.

Moo 10-05-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 54764683)

And the Pats and Jets -- the latter we just crushed -- showed just how much the Bills suck, too. :D

slocal 10-05-2012 04:58 AM

Bills will be Bills!