HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Sylvain Guimond, new Habs psychologist (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1267319)

The Russian General 10-04-2012 07:34 PM

Sylvain Guimond, new Habs psychologist
 
https://www.facebook.com/antichambre

The Antichambre infiltration of the Habs continues.

Whitesnake 10-04-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta (Post 54772047)
https://www.facebook.com/antichambre

The Antichambre infiltration of the Habs continues.

Don't hate the player....hate the game. Guimond as and still is a well-known psychologist, way before he joined RDS. From Tiger Woods, to John Smoltz, to Greg Norman and others.....he is well-respected. I believe it's great news for our team. Some NHL teams also used him in some occasions.

The Russian General 10-04-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 54772193)
Don't hate the player....hate the game. Guimond as and still is a well-known psychologist, way before he joined RDS. From Tiger Woods, to John Smoltz, to Greg Norman and others.....he is well-respected. I believe it's great news for our team. Some NHL teams also used him in some occasions.

It's not against him, don't worry.

kassian 10-04-2012 08:34 PM

Can he make them tougher though?

ThaDevilGirl 10-04-2012 08:49 PM

Can he fight?

WeThreeKings 10-04-2012 09:06 PM

Thank ****.

I've been preaching the need for a sports psychologist on this team for awhile. If we would have had him earlier, Kostitsyn, Higgins and Komisarek would have never gone down the path they did.

durojean 10-04-2012 09:20 PM

I think he can be the solution to Carey Price's problems.

Good hire !

kassian 10-04-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durojean (Post 54774431)
I think he can be the solution to Carey Price's problems.

Hope that university degree helps Carey to close that five-hole on penalty shootouts.

poetryinmotion 10-04-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durojean (Post 54774431)
I think he can be the solution to Carey Price's problems.

Good hire !

que?

The Russian General 10-04-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kassian (Post 54774583)
Hope that university degree helps Carey to close that five-hole on penalty shootouts.

Or when the D gets beat on the outside and the opponent just cuts inside, goes on the backhand and puts it between the legs. It happened so many times and I have yet to understand how Carey doesn't close his five-hole.

But it has nothing to do with a Sports psychologist.

poetryinmotion 10-04-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta (Post 54774637)
Or when the D gets beat on the outside and the opponent just cuts inside, goes on the backhand and puts it between the legs. It happened so many times and I have yet to understand how Carey doesn't close his five-hole.

That's a hard stop for any goaltender though, not just Price.

durojean 10-04-2012 09:43 PM

I'm talking about the fact that he is superb everytime except when the game is on the line.

He is always letting the 1 goal that he shouldn't. If he could just reverse the way he pkays. Just good when the game is ok but superb when he has to it would male the difference between win and lose.

poetryinmotion 10-04-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durojean (Post 54774917)
I'm talking about the fact that he is superb everytime except when the game is on the line.

He is always letting the 1 goal that he shouldn't. If he could just reverse the way he pkays. Just good when the game is ok but superb when he has to it would male the difference between win and lose.

That's an entirely separate debate imo, I don't think you can attribute soft goals to mental problems and we can sit here all week debating if said goal was soft or not. (was he screened? was it tipped? there are things you don't catch at first glimpse)

I think it's more for athletes that go into prolonged slumps that it might help with, ie. Gomez.

durojean 10-04-2012 10:11 PM

I think it's a mental problem for Carey since his first playoffs in the nhl so I think someone like Guimond is perfect for him.

One thing is for sure this is my opinion and I voiced it enough around during the last 3 year to at least justify my reaction right now about the Guimond acquisition.

Plus I think a sport psychologist is really something that could give us a little advantage and it's a good thing.

Rise from the Ashes 10-04-2012 10:29 PM

The Habs really have not had a sports psychologist until now?

Seb 10-04-2012 10:30 PM

Can't be worse than Bourque

FlyingKostitsyn 10-04-2012 11:42 PM

I can think of about quite a few nutcases we had that could have benefited from a sports psychologist..

poetryinmotion 10-04-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn (Post 54777301)
I can think of about quite a few nutcases we had that could have benefited from a sports psychologist..

Roy? Malakhov? Who else.

Et le But 10-05-2012 12:22 AM

Did we really not have an on staff psychologist before now? The psychological side of sports is so underrated, all teams should have one.

Not a fan of hiring anyone associated with antichambre but this guy has a very nice resume.

Joey 10-05-2012 05:30 AM

Great, another smurf.

Playoff Beard 10-05-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 54777359)
Roy? Malakhov? Who else.

Sergei

Habs 4 Life 10-05-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durojean (Post 54774431)
I think he can be the solution to Carey Price's problems.

Good hire !

Price is now engaged but was living with his fiancee since last year in Montreal. The party days are behind him.

Uber Coca 10-05-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes (Post 54776019)
The Habs really have not had a sports psychologist until now?

First thing that came to mind.

That Habs Fan 10-05-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poetryinmotion (Post 54777359)
Roy? Malakhov? Who else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playoff Beard (Post 54779829)
Sergei

Higgins

onebighockeyfan 10-05-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta (Post 54772047)
https://www.facebook.com/antichambre

The Antichambre infiltration of the Habs continues.

You hate everybody that goes on l'antichambre. Roy, Carbonneau, Damphousse, or simply the french Canadians?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.