HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Prospect Info: St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #19 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1267523)

bluesfan94 10-05-2012 11:04 AM

St. Louis Blues Top Prospect #19
 
Newly drafted winger MacKenzie MacEachern comes from behind to take the 18th spot with 35.39%

Top Prospects
#1 Vladimir Tarasenko, RW, 6'0, 191, 12/13/1991 (92.16%)
#2 Jaden Schwartz, LW, 5'9, 179, 6/25/1992 (92.5%)
#3 Ty Rattie, RW, 6'0, 167, 2/5/1993 (57.38%)
#4 Ian Cole, D, 6'1, 225, 2/21/1989 (75.61%)
#5 Jake Allen, G, 6'2, 195, 8/7/1990 (73.33%)
#6 Jordan Schmaltz, D, 6'2, 170, 10/8/1993 (38.1%)
#7 Jani Hakanpaa, D, 6'5, 218, 3/31/1992 (64.71%)
#8 Cade Fairchild, D, 5'11, 175, 1/15/1989 (61.7%)
#9 Philip McRae, C, 6'2, 200, 3/15/1990 (57.89%)
#10 Sebastian Wannstrom, RW, 6'1, 183, 3/3/1991 (30.95%)
#11 Evgeny Grachev, C/LW, 6'4, 225, 2/21/1990 (38.10%)
(tie) #12 Sam Kurker, RW, 6'2, 198, 4/8/94 (30.0%)
(tie) #12 Jori Lehtera, C, 6'1, 201, 12/23/87 (30.0%)
#14 Joel Edmundson, D, 6'4, 192, 6/28/93 (51.85%)
#15 Dmitrij Jaskin, RW, 6'2, 198, 3/23/93 (40.54%)
#16 Brett Ponich, D, 6'7, 220, 2/22/91 (42.11%)
#17 Yannick Veilleux, LW, 6'2, 190, 2/22/93 (48.48%)
#18 MacKenzie MacEachern, LW, 6'2, 174, 3/9/94 (35.39%)

Please both vote and comment on who you'd like to be added, if there's anyone even possible.

stlweir 10-05-2012 12:11 PM

I went with Tesink. Hope he has a big year to establish himself as a prospect. I'm thinking Beach next as long shot. Could use some more meat on his bones but appears to have some solid hands and has some offensive abilities. Interested to see if he can fight less and develope his game.

Bob Sacamanu 10-05-2012 12:59 PM

When does HF's top 20 list come out? It seems like they skipped the Blues and have moved on to the "players to watch" thing. I'm just curious to compare their list with this one.

PocketNines 10-05-2012 01:29 PM

Took Tesink. This area of the selections makes me think of the prospect rank-overlooked Ryan Reaves who is now a full-time one-way contract Blue. Someone in this group is going to rise and surprise.

CarvinSigX 10-05-2012 02:45 PM

Tesink, hopefully for the last time.

Robb_K 10-05-2012 05:55 PM

I went with Tesink, as he has a decent possibility to be a 3rd line NHLer. Andronov might have a slight chance to be a top 6 forward in The NHL. But, I think a LOT has to go right for that to happen.

CarvinSigX 10-05-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 54792493)
I went with Tesink, as he has a decent possibility to be a 3rd line NHLer. Andronov might have a slight chance to be a top 6 forward in The NHL. But, I think a LOT has to go right for that to happen.

Agreed. I was impressed with him at the camp, but he, like many others, will be caught in the numbers game.

STL fan in IA 10-06-2012 05:16 PM

Wait, I was out of the country for over a week and I haven't missed a single poll?? I think we can speed these up. No need to spread them out so far or keeping the voting open so long for each poll IMO.

Went with Tesink again.

bluesfan94 10-06-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL fan in IA (Post 54811099)
Wait, I was out of the country for over a week and I haven't missed a single poll?? I think we can speed these up. No need to spread them out so far or keeping the voting open so long for each poll IMO.

Went with Tesink again.

See, I figure if we're gonna have a lockout, we need something to keep us occupied. Also, I wanted to make sure you didn't miss anything. ;)

PerryTurnbullfan 10-08-2012 05:58 AM

...or we could just have a new poll every month....:laugh:

STL fan in IA 10-08-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesfan94 (Post 54812869)
See, I figure if we're gonna have a lockout, we need something to keep us occupied. Also, I wanted to make sure you didn't miss anything. ;)

Yeah, I understand the desire to have things to talk about during the lockout (especially topics not specifically about the lockout itself) but if we go all the way I to the 40s (the Blues easily have that many prospects) and we only do approx one per week, this poll process is going to take forever! :)

STLBLUES44 10-09-2012 08:58 PM

there's just something about parayko that i really like

Memento 10-10-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 (Post 54878473)
there's just something about parayko that i really like

I agree with that. There's something about Parayko that I like; I just can't put a finger on what it is. Maybe it's because he's a big offensive defenseman whereas the other big defensemen are defensive-oriented?

Anyway, I voted for Tesink. He's more than earned a spot in the top twenty with his play. He's not a primary scorer, but he'd be an amazing fourth-line player in the NHL.

STL fan in IA 10-10-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 (Post 54878473)
there's just something about parayko that i really like

Parayko intrigues me too but I'd still have Eronin in front of him and possibly Nigro as well. I'm interested to seeing how Parayko does with Alaska-Fairbanks this season though.

letmesleep 10-11-2012 01:56 PM

I'm surprised nobody has made a case for ANY of our goaltending prospects other than Allen.

PerryTurnbullfan 10-12-2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letmesleep (Post 54914457)
I'm surprised nobody has made a case for ANY of our goaltending prospects other than Allen.

I got to admit. Binnington definitely deserves more consideration than we are giving him. He is off to one heck of a start. He's seeing 34 shots a game, has a 2.23 goals against and has a .934 save pct. That's impressive. I just think after all the years of hyped goalies that we focus more on who puts points on the board. Seems like forwards generally get more attention.

letmesleep 10-12-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan (Post 54931943)
I got to admit. Binnington definitely deserves more consideration than we are giving him. He is off to one heck of a start. He's seeing 34 shots a game, has a 2.23 goals against and has a .934 save pct. That's impressive. I just think after all the years of hyped goalies that we focus more on who puts points on the board. Seems like forwards generally get more attention.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was under the impression that Binnington was a legitimate prospect but haven't heard a peep about him from anybody.

STL fan in IA 10-12-2012 10:47 PM

I think both Binnington and Lundstrom have decent NHL potential but goalies are such crapshoots. Both are just a bit outside my personal top 20.

I expect Lundstrom to make Sweden's WJC team this year.

Robb_K 10-12-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL fan in IA (Post 54950889)
I think both Binnington and Lundstrom have decent NHL potential but goalies are such crapshoots. Both are just a bit outside my personal top 20.

I expect Lundstrom to make Sweden's WJC team this year.

I'd put Tremblay in that category, as well.

PerryTurnbullfan 10-14-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL fan in IA (Post 54950889)
I think both Binnington and Lundstrom have decent NHL potential but goalies are such crapshoots. Both are just a bit outside my personal top 20.

I expect Lundstrom to make Sweden's WJC team this year.

I think in a nutshell, all draft choices are crapshoots. The Blues do think enough of him to give him a contract. Several folks from that draft do not have contracts, but are higher on our list. I think the Blues may value him more than what we do.

bleedblue1223 10-14-2012 01:55 PM

Both Binnington and Lundstrom turned out pretty well in NHL 12, so hopefully the same happens in real life.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.