HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OT: HF Shinny (II) - Game 4 - TBA (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1268445)

Mr. Canucklehead 10-06-2012 03:48 PM

HF Shinny (II) - Game 4 - TBA
 
Game 1, May 12th, 2012, 2:00PM - 3:15PM @ Burnaby 8 Rinks, Vancouver

Organized by: Mr. Canucklehead

HF Participants: Mr. Canucklehead, billvanseattle, Reverend Mayhem, Stefan It Up, Canadian Chris, True North, RandV, Nash, Timmer44, y2kcanucks, Patches, kaje320, ataraxia, CanucksSayEh, Mossey3535(G), Ski Powder(G)

Group Photo:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/pi...ictureid=10653

Video Archive (Credit to McLlwain): http://www.youtube.com/user/123GradWest

Game 2, October 6th, 2012, 9:30AM - 10:45AM, @ Burnaby 8 Rinks, Vancouver

Organized by: Mr. Canucklehead

HF Participants: Mr. Canucklehead, billvanseattle, Reverend Mayhem, RandV, y2kcanucks, CanucksSayEh, Canucker, starfighter, Reddy11, cle604, TheGoumet, Mossey3535(G), Hank4Hart(G)

Game 3, April 19, 2014, 12:15PM - 1:30PM @ Burnaby 8 Rinks, Vancouver

Organized by: Mr. Canucklehead

HF Participants: Mr. Canucklehead, Reverend Mayhem, kaje320, Strictly Commercial, racerjoe, Yammer, billvanseattle, RandV, TheStig, ataraxia, mossey3535 (G), Mclean1 (G)

Group Photo:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps4ef01586.jpg

Game 4 - TBA

Mr. Canucklehead 10-06-2012 03:50 PM

Just got back to the Hotel of Mom and Dad; great time again, everyone! It was good fun, great to get some skating legs in. Highlights for me...

Mossey3535 and Hank4Hart tied for Best Save; Hank4Hart's rapier-like glove-hand on an in close chance for CanucksSayEh, and Mossey3535's sprawling paddle-stop on Canucker.

Best Shootout Shot easily goes to Reverend Mayhem and his props. :D

Best Fight goes to Canucker and y2kcanucks.

I'll give myself Best Blooper - tried to vault over the boards, slipped, and fell backwards right into a startled y2kcanucks' lap. :laugh:

WonderTwinsUnite 10-06-2012 03:54 PM

I was the one who got robbed in close

y2kcanucks 10-06-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 54809763)
Just got back to the Hotel of Mom and Dad; great time again, everyone! It was good fun, great to get some skating legs in. Highlights for me...

Mossey3535 and Hank4Hart tied for Best Save; Hank4Hart's rapier-like glove-hand on an in close chance for CanucksSayEh, and Mossey3535's sprawling paddle-stop on Canucker.

Best Shootout Shot easily goes to Reverend Mayhem and his props. :D

Best Fight goes to Canucker and y2kcanucks.

I'll give myself Best Blooper - tried to vault over the boards, slipped, and fell backwards right into a startled y2kcanucks' lap. :laugh:

:laugh:

Good times. Can't wait for game 3 now. Felt a lot better out there this time than game 1, just wish we had someone taking pics today :( McIlwain has to fly out for the next game.

Reverend Mayhem 10-06-2012 03:57 PM

Some personal low-lights for me: That defensive sequence where I went on the slip and slide twice, or the line change where I Kesler'd my self over the boards and nearly collapsed. Though not as good as Mr. C though :laugh:

Yeah pictures and video would have been nice. We didn't get a team picture this time :(

Mr. Canucklehead 10-06-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite (Post 54809825)
I was the one who got robbed in close

Oops - well the point still stands...great save!

And I'm really kicking myself for not remembering to organize a group photo at the end. Sorry, guys!

I miss McLwain. :laugh:

billvanseattle 10-06-2012 04:24 PM

NOT ONE of you ********* paid for your BEER!!!!!

if i drop the price .....???...

Good game all, a few dominant players out there but it was fun.

y2kcanucks 10-06-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billvanseattle (Post 54810265)
NOT ONE of you ******** paid for your BEER!!!!!

if i drop the price .....???...

Good game all, a few dominant players out there but it was fun.

Haha thanks for the beer man! Next game I'll stay later and I'll buy ya one upstairs.

Canucker 10-06-2012 05:27 PM

Had a great time, was worth the early start and still sore feet! I hope I can make the next one. Thanks all! :handclap:

McLlwain 10-06-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 54809889)
And I'm really kicking myself for not remembering to organize a group photo at the end. Sorry, guys!

I miss McLwain. :laugh:

Thank you!

I'm planning my next trip to Van for April, May, June 2014.
So, if you guys happen to schedule a game during that time, I'd be glad to join you guys and bring my camera. :nod:

Wilch 10-06-2012 07:10 PM

Don't think I'll make it until game 7 or 8 :laugh:

Canadian Chris 10-06-2012 09:10 PM

I shot some pucks lightly last night... Didn't feel terrible, but obviously best for me to not play yet...but I'm definitely in for the next game! Looks like you guys had some serious fun again hahaha

Reverend Mayhem 10-06-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billvanseattle (Post 54810265)
NOT ONE of you ******* paid for your BEER!!!!!

if i drop the price .....???...

Good game all, a few dominant players out there but it was fun.

You'd have to pay me to drink the Pabst, I saw Rainier kinda mad I didn't snatch that :laugh:

Anyways, like I told some of you and may have mentioned already I'm planning on setting one up in December.

CanucksSayEh 10-06-2012 10:10 PM

My shoot out spin-o-rama worked this time awwww yeaaa! I almost fell into the corner in game 1 trying that.

Mr. Canucklehead 10-06-2012 10:24 PM

^That was a sweet deke. Lots of nice moves in the shoot out!

Mr. Canucklehead 10-06-2012 10:27 PM

Oh, and despite Canucker's Mikko Jokela-esque cobbled together set of gear, he was pretty deadly out there. Nice game!

Canucker 10-06-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 54816967)
Oh, and despite Canucker's Mikko Jokela-esque cobbled together set of gear, he was pretty deadly out there. Nice game!

Thanks! Yeah, definitely not comfortable out there but happy I got to play. I just had an epson salt bath to soak my poor feet. I had one foot asleep the entire game and the other one was killing me. :laugh:

Had a tough time adjusting to a visor as well, I don't normally use anything. Dumb but hard to break the habit.

KevinBieksa3* 10-07-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canucker (Post 54817163)
Thanks! Yeah, definitely not comfortable out there but happy I got to play. I just had an epson salt bath to soak my poor feet. I had one foot asleep the entire game and the other one was killing me. :laugh:

Had a tough time adjusting to a visor as well, I don't normally use anything. Dumb but hard to break the habit.

http://t.qkme.me/3pks9l.jpg

:D

Royal Canuck 10-07-2012 02:57 AM

Hopefully something like this gets organized during Spring Break so I could make the trip over.

Mr. Canucklehead 10-07-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Punishment (Post 54819645)

Who knew the zombie apocalypse would be started by illegal narcotics? :laugh:

Seriously, my feet could use a bath, too. My skates cut into my shins pretty hard (always seem to at the start of hockey season).

EDIT: Also, that moment up in the Lounge where we were talking about Greg Neeld and it turned out the server knew him was a pretty uncanny coincidence...

CanucksSayEh 10-07-2012 11:42 AM

All of us were shameless cherry pickers and too tired to backcheck lolz

Mr. Canucklehead 10-07-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh (Post 54823393)
All of us were shameless cherry pickers and too tired to backcheck lolz

It certainly wasn't a game that was high on defense. :D My apologies to the goalies!

mossey3535 10-07-2012 12:58 PM

Best two goals were Canucker's sprawling backhand shelf on me (he looked really stretched out) and Mr. Canucklehead (Mike's) cousin's between the legs.

Great fun! See you all next time!

PS Do any of the other forums have shinny?

y2kcanucks 10-07-2012 01:42 PM

I'm thinking for a theme game or something we could have people from the Canucks board play against local Oiler fans or Flame fans or something like that?

Mr. Canucklehead 10-07-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 54826555)
I'm thinking for a theme game or something we could have people from the Canucks board play against local Oiler fans or Flame fans or something like that?

Canuck fans and Oiler fans getting together? End of days, my friend. ;)

And Mossey, I thought CanucksSayEh's spin-o-rama in the shootout was pretty slick as well. But yeah, my cousin's "Marek Malik" move was filthy...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.