HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mike Dunham goes to Sweden (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=126853)

Jysk 01-31-2005 03:03 PM

Mike Dunham goes to Sweden

He will play for Skellefteċ AIK :handclap:

barrytrotzsneck 01-31-2005 05:00 PM

sucks for them.

roast 01-31-2005 05:03 PM

for the sake of the rangers, hopefully he stays there.

barrytrotzsneck 01-31-2005 05:05 PM

I wonder how long before he blames the rest of the team\coaches for his 2 soft goals a night.

Joe T Choker 01-31-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I wonder how long before he blames the rest of the team\coaches for his 2 soft goals a night.

:lol: :handclap: :banghead: ... he is without a doubt the biggest whiny ***** I've ever seen

mattihp 02-08-2005 03:26 AM

He should do fine in the swedish second tier.

tulsytrid1 02-08-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp
He should do fine in the swedish second tier.

Maybe, then again maybe not.

Chevy Cheveldae 02-08-2005 04:58 PM

He'll be sharing time with former Shark goalie (1 NHL game) Sean Gauthier if anyone cares

Habsfan 32 02-08-2005 07:57 PM

Maybe he will stop more pucks at that level.

Levitate 02-15-2005 01:22 PM

you know it's really sad...

dunham has had a fine NHL career (go check his career stats if you don't believe me) and he was absolutely lights out for the first year he was with the rangers (the remainder of the season after he was traded and the beginning of the next year)

then he gets injured, and is mishandeled when he comes back and never gets his form back during the season. suddenly everyone says he's crap and hates him.

it really doesn't make sense to me. he obviously had a nagging injury last year that never went away and sather didn't manage his goalies well last year, but people throw away his entire career and base their judgement on that 2/3rds of a season he had?

give me a break. dunham is a good goalie who had a screwed up year last year. if he's healthy and not overworked, i'd expect him to come back nicely whenever we have hockey again

Joe T Choker 02-15-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate
then he gets injured, and is mishandeled when he comes back and never gets his form back during the season. suddenly everyone says he's crap and hates him.

and you wonder why Predator fans loathe Dunham and love Vokoun ... Vokoun played two months with a broken foot while Dunham had the common cold ... Dunham is the biggest prima-donna goalie in the league, yet has won **** all

Levitate 02-15-2005 01:41 PM

yeah cuz he should have been winning all those stanley cups on the expansion nashville team eh

hey, he's not perfect, he's not an amazing goalie, and he does have some injury problems. basically he got hurt on the rangers though cuz sather insisted on playing him in back to back games even though everyone knew he wasn't good on those and it was risking injury. this was talked about a LOT going into next season by guys like john davidson. sather insisted dunham could do it, played him anyways, boom he gets hurt. wtf

however it's not hard to work with a goalie who isn't durable enough to play 70 games per season. the rangers had a very capable backup in markkanen, but didn't play him enough and overplayed dunham. drives me nuts

Joe T Choker 02-15-2005 01:51 PM

thank Sather for the trade, we really love Zidlicky and what we got out of Kloucek and Rem Murray *hope he can recover to lead a normal life* Simon Gamache will more than likely make the NHL after all

RangerBoy 02-15-2005 07:09 PM

Why is this thread still around two weeks after it started?It's Mike Dunham people

barrytrotzsneck 02-15-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate
yeah cuz he should have been winning all those stanley cups on the expansion nashville team eh

hey, he's not perfect, he's not an amazing goalie, and he does have some injury problems. basically he got hurt on the rangers though cuz sather insisted on playing him in back to back games even though everyone knew he wasn't good on those and it was risking injury. this was talked about a LOT going into next season by guys like john davidson. sather insisted dunham could do it, played him anyways, boom he gets hurt. wtf

however it's not hard to work with a goalie who isn't durable enough to play 70 games per season. the rangers had a very capable backup in markkanen, but didn't play him enough and overplayed dunham. drives me nuts

Dunham wasn't disliked in Nashville for his playing.

Well, not TOTALLY for his playing. He was always a capable goalie, and at times he looked brilliant...but he had that problem that now seems to plague Brian Finley. He would make amazing save after amazing save, dropping jaws all over...and then a slow, unscreened floater from the blue line would whisper by his blocker and into the net...or a gentle rolling puck would trickle between his pads and across the line. That is neither here nor there as far as why Nashville fans do not like him, however. He earned a bad reputation for being not the greatest locker room guy, which is a VERY bad thing on a team as young as the Preds. He would often blame HIS mistakes on other people to the media, and by the time he was gone...most of his teammates were happy to see him go. Walker said, in an interview at the time of the trade(the team won their first game with Vokoun in net, and at the time, the team hadn't won many games at all that season), "The attitude in the locker room just felt good, like it was the start of a new era. We're excited that Tomas is going to get a chance to do something we all felt he was capable of for a long time, and we're getting some good new faces on our end as well." There was no standard, "wish the best for..." or anything.

So..forgive us if we seem bitter. He just wasn't very popular, even when he was here.

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-17-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roast
for the sake of the rangers, hopefully he stays there.

i agree :handclap: Maybe Lundqvist will come here sooner if Dunham stays their.

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-17-2005 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
and you wonder why Predator fans loathe Dunham and love Vokoun ... Vokoun played two months with a broken foot while Dunham had the common cold ... Dunham is the biggest prima-donna goalie in the league, yet has won **** all

and still never played a playoff game. :shakehead Well I guess the streak will be kept alive. If we did make the playoffs with Dunham, it would be the first time Dunham has been to the playoffs. That is sad.

Mikka The Grey 02-23-2005 12:25 PM

Well I guess the streak will be kept alive. If we did make the playoffs with Dunham, it would be the first time Dunham has been to the playoffs. That is sad.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't Dunham the backup for Brodeur prior to 1998?

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-23-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikka The Grey
Well I guess the streak will be kept alive. If we did make the playoffs with Dunham, it would be the first time Dunham has been to the playoffs. That is sad.

Wasn't Dunham the backup for Brodeur prior to 1998?[/QUOTE]

yea but he never played a game.

mattihp 02-23-2005 02:48 PM

Just a quick ot question, what kind of weird name is Mikka? :dunno:

Mikka The Grey 02-24-2005 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattihp
Just a quick ot question, what kind of weird name is Mikka? :dunno:

Don't understand why one would think the name is wierd when it is common in several different languages and spelling variations but........ :dunno:
Meaning - Gift from the God's

I hope this was an attempt at humour :)