HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Marlies Discussion: 12'/13' Marlies Part I|12-8-0-1|Matt Frattin Appreciation Thread. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1268755)

Leaf Rocket 10-07-2012 05:36 PM

12'/13' Marlies Part I|12-8-0-1|Matt Frattin Appreciation Thread.
 
Since there is a lockout and people seems to have shown a lot more interest in the Marlies I thought we should separate the two. Here is a thread fully dedicated to Marlies and our prospects that are toiling down there. Let's keep all the prospect talk in the prospect thread :)

GO MARLIES GO!!

Brody 10-07-2012 05:44 PM

He's so fat it takes two threads :sarcasm:


You're welcome for the idea too, hehehehe

Grant 10-07-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf (Post 54832789)
He's so fat it takes two threads :sarcasm:


You're welcome for the idea too, hehehehe

:laugh:

Kadri is so fat he doesn't need a joke to break the ice when he meets a girl, he just steps on it.

Terrence 10-07-2012 05:46 PM

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...7at64534PM.png

Figure it out. :sarcasm:

Happy Fan 10-07-2012 06:02 PM

Only diff is a slash and a dash?

Aplayaz2000 10-07-2012 06:09 PM

where can i get like legit highlights :S

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER 10-07-2012 06:13 PM

I'm excited for the Marlies season to start and if the NHL lockout goes any longer they should have a legit chance at getting back to the Calder Cup Finals. So if that happens hopefully it will be a different result.

GO MARLIES GO

MoreMogilny 10-07-2012 06:15 PM

If we're going to have this thread, then we may as well scrap the Marlies GDT thread.

Three threads dedicated to the Marlies and prospects is too many.

Captain Clutch 13 10-07-2012 07:04 PM

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...187669&lang=en

Those are the highlights. The camera is in a terrible spot and you cant really see whats going on but thats all there is.

Supposedly Kadri and Aucoin had some chemistry, them paired with Frattin could make for a devastating line. Cant wait for the reg season to start.

ULF_55 10-07-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 54833437)
If we're going to have this thread, then we may as well scrap the Marlies GDT thread.

Three threads dedicated to the Marlies and prospects is too many.

I want a Euro-Prospects thread. :sarcasm:

smoke meat pete* 10-07-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 54834609)
I want a Euro-Prospects thread. :sarcasm:

Check this one out!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/ne...newthread&f=17

Leaf Rocket 10-07-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 54834609)
I want a Euro-Prospects thread. :sarcasm:

Actually the thread will be based on CHL/ other league prospects. I didn't have time to alter the title.
On my phone ATM

Brody 10-07-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 54834851)
Actually the thread will be based on CHL/ other league prospects. I didn't have time to alter the title.
On my phone ATM

I'll change the title of the current marlies/prospects one.

Leaf Rocket 10-07-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion Phaneuf (Post 54834955)
I'll change the title of the current marlies/prospects one.

Thanks.

tokenmetalhead* 10-07-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 54833437)
If we're going to have this thread, then we may as well scrap the Marlies GDT thread.

Three threads dedicated to the Marlies and prospects is too many.

Care to logically explain why GDT's should be scrapped?

You have a general discussion thread and individual ones for games. By mixing up the games into general discussion you're going to water down the thread and make the game-day posts more difficult to track.

By your 'logic', we should scrap all threads and just have one giant TML thread.

Aplayaz2000 10-07-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead (Post 54835355)
By your 'logic', we should scrap all threads and just have one giant TML thread.

damm it'll take me a lot of digging to find what i need

thebluemachine* 10-07-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 54833437)
If we're going to have this thread, then we may as well scrap the Marlies GDT thread.

Three threads dedicated to the Marlies and prospects is too many.

There's no NHL, the more Marlies the better.

iPunch 10-07-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead (Post 54835355)
By your 'logic', we should scrap all threads and just have one giant TML thread.

Lets take it a step further and have a single MLSE thread. :laugh:

Duke Silver 10-07-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 54833437)
If we're going to have this thread, then we may as well scrap the Marlies GDT thread.

Three threads dedicated to the Marlies and prospects is too many.

Perhaps if there was NHL hockey to talk about, this would fly.

What else are we going to discuss?

charliolemieux 10-08-2012 12:41 AM

Yay MArlies.

IF we can get the NHL back and lose the RNH's this team should challenge for the Calder.

They were the best thing in Toronto last year and it would be nice to see it again.

TheFatOne 10-08-2012 06:32 AM

can biggs play in AHL this season?

MoreMogilny 10-08-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead (Post 54835355)
Care to logically explain why GDT's should be scrapped?

You have a general discussion thread and individual ones for games. By mixing up the games into general discussion you're going to water down the thread and make the game-day posts more difficult to track.

By your 'logic', we should scrap all threads and just have one giant TML thread.

There's some nice extrapolation via hyperbole.

The reason we've lumped Marlies/Prospects into the same thread in the past is because very few people actually discuss the Marlies as a team, but rather the talks lean to prospects that play on said team, so it hasn't been a necessity to segregate them.

Marlies' GDTs get some nice traffic, but nowhere close to the chaos and mayhem we see in a Leafs GDT. I just checked the GDT for the first game. While the game was ongoing, there were about 60 posts. 60, and most of those were from one poster. I'm sorry, but there's no way that's going to make people lose track of what's going on. The rest of the talk in that thread is what you would be seeing in a Marlies discussion thread.

Essentially, what I'm getting at is, you're going to have two different threads, which by and large will have the same discussions going on. We did just fine by having a single Marlies thread in the past (that was shared with the prospects thread). So why do we suddenly need multiple dedicated Marlies' threads?

namttebih 10-08-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landskronala (Post 54841103)
can biggs play in AHL this season?

Let him get some ice time in the Shwa, he needs it. He didn't get enough at Miami last year and certainly won't get much here this year

Faltorvo 10-08-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 54833437)
If we're going to have this thread, then we may as well scrap the Marlies GDT thread.

Three threads dedicated to the Marlies and prospects is too many.

What?

Common now, there is a lock out going on, is there really any need to crunch the threads?

Not much else to talk about , not to many deacent themes out there that warrent new threads as it is.

Nazem Gretzky 10-08-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 54841267)
There's some nice extrapolation via hyperbole.

The reason we've lumped Marlies/Prospects into the same thread in the past is because very few people actually discuss the Marlies as a team, but rather the talks lean to prospects that play on said team, so it hasn't been a necessity to segregate them.

Marlies' GDTs get some nice traffic, but nowhere close to the chaos and mayhem we see in a Leafs GDT. I just checked the GDT for the first game. While the game was ongoing, there were about 60 posts. 60, and most of those were from one poster. I'm sorry, but there's no way that's going to make people lose track of what's going on. The rest of the talk in that thread is what you would be seeing in a Marlies discussion thread.

Essentially, what I'm getting at is, you're going to have two different threads, which by and large will have the same discussions going on. We did just fine by having a single Marlies thread in the past (that was shared with the prospects thread). So why do we suddenly need multiple dedicated Marlies' threads?

It was pre-season and it wasn't televised. I guarantee you the home opener will have 200+ posts.

They do the same thing for the Jays discussion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.