HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Lockout (panthers related) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1268815)

JP Mick 10-07-2012 10:25 PM

The Lockout (panthers related)
 
Couldn't think where else to post this but I thought it was a cool photo, courtesy of George Richards:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a...3ec3e70970d-pi

I guess the days of Luongo skating early to avoid the awkwardness of running into Theo are over. It sounds like they have a crew of around ten players practicing together at the iceplex including Vokoun. At least they aren't lacking for good goalies.

pb1300 10-08-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Mick (Post 54837731)
Couldn't think where else to post this but I thought it was a cool photo, courtesy of George Richards:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/.a/6a...3ec3e70970d-pi

I guess the days of Luongo skating early to avoid the awkwardness of running into Theo are over. It sounds like they have a crew of around ten players practicing together at the iceplex including Vokoun. At least they aren't lacking for good goalies.

Luongo: "So when this is all over with, who is backing up who?"
Theodore thinking: "What an as@$!%e!"

harv3317 10-08-2012 04:24 PM

are you including vokoun in the good goalies synopsies???? lol.:handclap:

StrangeVision 10-08-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harv3317 (Post 54850741)
are you including vokoun in the good goalies synopsies???? lol.:handclap:

Indeed. Those (that?) synopsies.

nhlfan9191 10-09-2012 07:24 PM

Does anybody have a front shot of the pads Theo would be wearing this season?

JP Mick 10-10-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 54839433)
Luongo: "So when this is all over with, who is backing up who?"
Theodore thinking: "What an as@$!%e!"

:laugh: I was actually thinking that would be a perfect photo for one of those "what
are they saying" threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harv3317 (Post 54850741)
are you including vokoun in the good goalies synopsies???? lol.:handclap:

Harv, I'm not even going to touch that can of worms with you, let alone open it.

Panthers607 10-11-2012 06:44 AM

Skille has signed in Norway with Rosenborg IK.

Why Norway you say?
To get to know his family, apparentely.

http://sport.aftenbladet.no/sport/is...icle253343.ece

SixGoalieSystem 10-11-2012 07:12 AM

Rangers and Rosenborg fan coming in peace.

If you guys want to hear how Skille is doing up here, I can keep you posted. Watch every Rosenborg game, so should be able to follow him closesly.

JP Mick 10-11-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 54906481)
Rangers and Rosenborg fan coming in peace.

If you guys want to hear how Skille is doing up here, I can keep you posted. Watch every Rosenborg game, so should be able to follow him closesly.

Thanks, updates would be appreciated. I just want to know two things:
Can he score goals, and can he stay healthy?

JP Mick 10-11-2012 11:10 PM

ESPN 3 will be broadcasting some KHL games. I just watched Moscow VS Lev with ex-Panther Repik in the line up.


Quote:

ESPN will stream at least seven Kontinental Hockey League games on ESPN3, starting Oct. 9 and including the KHL All-Star Game.

The first game -- Lev vs. Dynamo Moscow on Oct. 9 at 1 p.m. ET -- also will air on ESPN2. Steve Levy and Barry Melrose will call the first game, which will re-air at 8 p.m. the same night on ESPN2.

A number of NHL stars are playing in the KHL, including Alex Ovechkin of Dynamo Moscow, Ilya Kovalchuk of SKA, and Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Gonchar of Metallurg Mg.

In addition to Melrose and Levy, play-by-play announcer Paul Romanuk and analyst Aaron Murphy will call games.

This isn't the first time ESPN3 has carried KHL games in the U.S. More than 50 games were televised during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons, and in January 2010, ESPN3 carried the league's All-Star Game.

Other games on the schedule include Dynamo Moscow vs. Amur (Sun., Oct. 13 at 9 a.m. ET), Dynamo Moscow vs. Sibir HD (Oct. 16, 11:30 a.m. ET), SKA vs. Sibir HD (Oct. 18, 11:45 a.m. ET), Dinamo Riga vs. Metallurg Mg (Oct. 22, 12:30 p.m. ET) and Dynamo Moscow vs. Dinamo Riga HD (Oct. 29, 11:30 a.m. ET).

SixGoalieSystem 10-19-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP Mick (Post 54928039)
Thanks, updates would be appreciated. I just want to know two things:
Can he score goals, and can he stay healthy?

Judging by his first game, he can't. Due to his size an speed advantage he got multiple breakawy opotunities in yesterday's 3-0 loss. He fired 7 shots and got close to scoring a couple of times. Terrific on the forecheck.

Stayed healty and played (rough estimate) 18-19 minutes. 1st line, pp and pk. He'll play again Sunday vs the worst team in the league. Should probably be able to put some points on the board there.

SixGoalieSystem 10-23-2012 02:12 PM

Skille scores in the shootout. Rosenborgs first win since his arrival. Nice little shootout goal.

JP Mick 10-24-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 55219371)
Skille scores in the shootout. Rosenborgs first win since his arrival. Nice little shootout goal.

Way to go Skille! Keep working on those shots my man.

PanthersRule96 10-25-2012 02:32 PM

I know this is a little off topic; I also haven't been on this board at all really in months because of my schedule and all that, but I'm so sick of both the league and the union. Between this battle and the presidential rate, the amount of public bickering right now is unbearable. The players are unbelievably greedy and that toolbag Fehr is going to stand strong because of his own ego and refusal to back down. And the owners have their own issues and are partially to blame with throwing out those ridiculous contracts (Minnesota, NJ, etc.)

It's so sad to watch this, as hockey was doing so well prior to this lockout. They assume all these fans will come flocking once again, but in reality, I can tell you it's nauseating and a turn off to fans everywhere when both sides sit around as today passes and essentially eliminates a full 82 game schedule.

Truly is pathetic when you consider how out of perspective with reality these a-holes are. Additionally, unless it's one of the rare well-spoken players in the league with a semi-educated background and some small form of thought process, it makes me sick to listen to the caveman-esque players mouth off on TSN about how it's so unfair to them. Of course hockey has to find a way to screw itself over despite establishing recent momentum.

SixGoalieSystem 10-25-2012 04:21 PM

Skille got his two first goals for Rosenborg tonight in an OTL.



He's looked very good om the pp, doing a fine job standing in front of the net.

Howboutthempanthers 10-25-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 55279429)
Skille got his two first goals for Rosenborg tonight in an OTL.



He's looked very good om the pp, doing a fine job standing in front of the net.

Excellent! Thank you for that my friend. I really saw a lot of improvement from Skille right before he got hurt at the end of last season. If he can keep trending upwards he can be a secret weapon for the Panthers.

TheEkbombIsReal 10-29-2012 12:15 PM

Mike Santorelli has left Tingsryd AIF and is heading home to the U.S.

Apparently he's unhappy with Tingsryd.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle15691019.ab

Tuco 10-30-2012 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 55279429)
Skille got his two first goals for Rosenborg tonight in an OTL.



He's looked very good om the pp, doing a fine job standing in front of the net.

Thanks for the Skille reports man. Much appreciated, keep them coming, even if he doesn't score.

SixGoalieSystem 10-31-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuco (Post 55391749)
Thanks for the Skille reports man. Much appreciated, keep them coming, even if he doesn't score.

My pleasure. He played Sunday in a game I didn't get to watch. 6 shots, no points, another terrible loss. Gets too much ice time, too long shifts, which often cause us to let in goals.

4 points(2+2), one shootout goal, -3, and a total of 26 shots for 5 games. Looks good on the pp, too fond of the puck in 5v5. Tries to do everything himself.

Another game tomorrow vs the #1 team in the league.

Tuco 10-31-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 55417763)
My pleasure. He played Sunday in a game I didn't get to watch. 6 shots, no points, another terrible loss. Gets too much ice time, too long shifts, which often cause us to let in goals.

4 points(2+2), one shootout goal, -3, and a total of 26 shots for 5 games. Looks good on the pp, too fond of the puck in 5v5. Tries to do everything himself.

Another game tomorrow vs the #1 team in the league.

Hope your guys hang in there somehow:)

Howboutthempanthers 10-31-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubkov21 (Post 55417763)
My pleasure. He played Sunday in a game I didn't get to watch. 6 shots, no points, another terrible loss. Gets too much ice time, too long shifts, which often cause us to let in goals.

4 points(2+2), one shootout goal, -3, and a total of 26 shots for 5 games. Looks good on the pp, too fond of the puck in 5v5. Tries to do everything himself.Another game tomorrow vs the #1 team in the league.

This has always been his problem. I thought he was getting away from that type of play from what I saw of his play last year before he got injured toward the end of the season. He was sharing the puck more and it really improved his play. I guess I was wrong thinking that his improved play would last.

Tuco 10-31-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers (Post 55421155)
This has always been his problem. I thought he was getting away from that type of play from what I saw of his play last year before he got injured toward the end of the season. He was sharing the puck more and it really improved his play. I guess I was wrong thinking that his improved play would last.

The team is not doing well it seems. Maybe he feels he should get them to win single handedly since he is the NHL player. I wouldn't worry too much about this, he'll know his role when Panters start playing again.

SixGoalieSystem 10-31-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuco (Post 55424543)
The team is not doing well it seems. Maybe he feels he should get them to win single handedly since he is the NHL player. I wouldn't worry too much about this, he'll know his role when Panters start playing again.

Yeah, this isn't on him, it's on the coach.

He's used to playing third/fourth line minutes. Now he's playing close to 30 minutes a night and is expected to dominate every game. He's well liked in the dressing room, gives good interviews and is polite and patient with reporters, also takes a lot of time for fans at home and on the road.

Back in 2004 we had NHL players playing for another (now bankrupt) team in Trondheim, Norway. They treated it as a vacation and spent more time in the bar than at the rink. You might remember Nick Smith who had a short stint with you guys in 2001.

Skille and our other lockout guy, Engelland, aren't like that at all. Hard working pro's who take the sport seriously even when playing in an inferior league.

Panthers607 11-01-2012 04:44 AM

Kopecky & Goc Injured
 
from Trade board:

Quote:

Tomas Kopecky is done with Dukla Trencin (Slovak Extraleague) due to injury. Looks like it's a dislocated shoulder.

Flew back to the States to visit doctors.
Quote:

Marcel Goc suffered a torn ligament in his ankle in a DEL game and will miss at least a few weeks.
Great.

FlaPnthrsPunk 11-01-2012 11:21 AM

It's alright. It doesn't look like the NHL is coming back anytime soon, so this shouldn't affect us Panthers-wise.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.