HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: Lockout Signings, Part II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1268875)

Systemfel 10-08-2012 08:14 AM

Lockout Signings, Part II
 
The original thread was growing too large.

List of lockout transactions: http://eliteprospects.com/lockout.php?status=confirmed

Lui One Hall 10-08-2012 09:53 AM

HIFK confirms signing of Stephane Robidas. hifk.fi

Nacho 10-08-2012 10:11 AM

Interesting about Zetterberg, wonder if he signed for Brunner or if it was to see how Omark pans out.... None the less it will be great hockey...

The Zetterberg Era 10-08-2012 11:57 AM

Zetterberg signing in Switzerland is really a bad news sign for the lockout negotiations place. He is a guy that previously stated he would not play this season and stay as part of the 30 person negotiations team at least until the season cancelled.

I hope he gets good chemistry with Brunner. Z did have very nice things to say about Brunner while he was over skating with the team in late August and early September. As for the post above with Brunner, Tatar, Pulkkinen, and Nyquist in the fold as future plans in Detroit, I don't think there is any interest in Omark. The Wings have stated a desire to get bigger, even their shorter players right now have a decent size advantage in terms of weight on Omark. He could be an interesting signing at a league minimum if the cap drops a ton, but I just don't see it with him and never really have. He looks so much better on the big ice surface.

SoupNazi 10-08-2012 12:27 PM

The fact that Zetterberg signed in Switzerland is BAD news. Hopefully, though, he stays injury-free there.

Chris 84 10-08-2012 01:25 PM

awesome news about drew miller. sure, he isn't a huge nhl star, but he's coming to scotland at his peak, off a career year and is some serious star power in a reasonably weak, but growing league. he's a far better player than wade belak (who played for coventry), and unlike theo fleury (who played for belfast), he's at his best right now. granted, fleury ripped the league to shreds, but things have improved since then.

jroc86 10-08-2012 01:27 PM

Hopefully he stays healthy and establishes some oldschool euro-twin chemistry with Brunner that they can bring back across the Atlantic when this CBA finally gets sorted out.

Could be a realblessing in disguise interms of providing Brunner with a smooth transition into the top 6. Wonder what kinda paycheque hes earning over there and if there was any "informal" encouragement for Red Wing management to play with Brunner.

The Zetterberg Era 10-08-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jroc86 (Post 54846809)
Could be a realblessing in disguise interms of providing Brunner with a smooth transition into the top 6. Wonder what kinda paycheque hes earning over there and if there was any "informal" encouragement for Red Wing management to play with Brunner.

I have wondered this about the Red Wings during the last two lockouts. They seem to have always made their players happy and the environment isn't hurt by the lockouts. Plenty of old teammates skating at Draper's place and he is an NHL employee these days. Guys hang out with Fischer, Chelios, Draper, probably see Stevie Y occasionally still. Just wonder how they keep that contact which isn't really allowed from happening. Especially with a team like Detroit where the Owner and players have great relationships. It is certainly interesting he chose Switzerland over the SEL as he is part owner of Timra if I remember right. Then again it seems Wings management was disappointed that Zug didn't let Brunner come to GR, so I don't know they would encourage this either.

Propane Nightmares 10-08-2012 04:25 PM

Tom Sestito to Sheffield Steelers (EIHL)

https://twitter.com/TomSestito23

Systemfel 10-08-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 54850343)
It is certainly interesting he chose Switzerland over the SEL as he is part owner of Timra if I remember right.

1) SEL teams don't dare to bring in NHLers because of "The Agreement."
2) You can't own an SEL team. Zetterberg owns a horse, though.

SoupNazi 10-08-2012 05:32 PM

I'm interested in following Miller's progress. Anyone know if Braehead games are streamed?

Propane Nightmares 10-08-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 54852099)
I'm interested in following Miller's progress. Anyone know if Braehead games are streamed?

Very few EIHL games are streamed since they aren't even shown on TV over here anymore, we get a weekly roundup show kind of like NHL on the fly, and that's it.

Jacob 10-08-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Systemfel (Post 54851745)
1) SEL teams don't dare to bring in NHLers because of "The Agreement."
2) You can't own an SEL team.

Why's that?

TrillMike 10-08-2012 11:46 PM

Stars fan here. Can any of you guys tell me a little about the team Robidas signed with?

SimplySensational 10-08-2012 11:50 PM

Any news on Backstrom? I'm starting to get mad... Enough of this SEL crap, its worse than a day time soap, just go play with Ovechkin...

Elever 10-08-2012 11:53 PM

It's a big team because it's based in Helsinki (HIFK). They were very good past few seasons because they had the older Granlund brother (younger isn't bad either) and Peltonen is old now. Bergenheim's the other NHLer to sign with them but he's injured now. They also have Petrell from the Oilers but he's a poor NHLer. They signed O'Sullivan permanently.

I dunno if Robidas is gonna go in there and be the no1 dman right away because their point leader is actually a dman named Soderholm who's also the no1. Robidas unless he was really playing injured the past season isn't gonna be enough of a difference maker to make HIFK the best team there but they're already 4th in the standings.

TrillMike 10-09-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 54861141)
It's a big team because it's based in Helsinki (HIFK). They were very good past few seasons because they had the older Granlund brother (younger isn't bad either) and Peltonen is old now. Bergenheim's the other NHLer to sign with them but he's injured now. They also have Petrell from the Oilers but he's a poor NHLer. They signed O'Sullivan permanently.

I dunno if Robidas is gonna go in there and be the no1 dman right away because their point leader is actually a dman named Soderholm who's also the no1. Robidas unless he was really playing injured the past season isn't gonna be enough of a difference maker to make HIFK the best team there but they're already 4th in the standings.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I hope Robi stays healthy. We don't want him playing like he usually does (whatever it takes attitude. Would love to know the exact number of times he's broken his nose or how many times he's blocked a shot that hit somewhere without pads). He is by far the toughest guy I've ever seen play the game. I just hope he takes it a little easier.

Finnpin 10-09-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillmike (Post 54861017)
Stars fan here. Can any of you guys tell me a little about the team Robidas signed with?

HIFK (Idrottsföreningen Kamraterna i Helsingfors) was founded in 1897 and it has won 7 Championships. IFK is maybe the most legendary sports club in Finland. They play their home games in old Helsinki Ice Hall (capacity 8000+ spectators). Their biggest rival is other Helsinki based team Jokerit.

Imo IFK looks quite thin in the defense so Robidas should be a big help...if he is fit.

Grannys 10-09-2012 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trillmike (Post 54861017)
Stars fan here. Can any of you guys tell me a little about the team Robidas signed with?

Best team in Finland!!... well at least in my opinion :D

Great team to play for, long history, in Helsinki so living will be really nice and fun, good rivalry with cross town loser team Jokerit :) Some legends in Finland have played for the team through the years:
Kimmo Timonen, Mikael Granlund, Tony Lydman, Esa Tikkanen, Niclas Backstrom and Olli Jokinen

Won the championship in 2011!!!:handclap:

Theokritos 10-09-2012 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob (Post 54860837)
Why's that?

They're not company-like franchises, they are clubs (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club). You can be member of a club, but you cannot own it. It is an association of people dedicated to a common purpose. If anything you can say it is mass-owned, but not even that is really true: while the members pay a fee to keep the club going, they still don't own anything in terms of law.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnpin (Post 54861593)
HIFK (Idrottsföreningen Kamraterna i Helsingfors) was founded in 1897 and it has won 7 Championships. IFK is maybe the most legendary sports club in Finland. They play their home games in old Helsinki Ice Hall (capacity 8000+ spectators). Their biggest rival is other Helsinki based team Jokerit.

The IFK thing and the term "Helsingfors" indicate Swedish origins, right?

vippe 10-09-2012 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theokritos (Post 54862457)
They're not company-like franchises, they are clubs (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club). You can be member of a club, but you cannot own it. It is an association of people dedicated to a common purpose. If anything you can say it is mass-owned, but not even that is really true: while the members pay a fee to keep the club going, they still don't own anything in terms of law.



The IFK thing and the term "Helsingfors" indicate Swedish origins, right?

Finland was a part of Sweden for several hundreds of years

Propane Nightmares 10-09-2012 04:15 AM

Matt Beleskey to Coventry Blaze (EIHL) http://www.coventryblaze.co.uk/news_latest.php?id=2707

Erathian 10-09-2012 07:40 AM

Andrew MacDonald to HC Energie Karlovy Vary

http://www.hokejkv.cz/clanek.asp?id=6613
http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2012...n-czech-league

cibtom 10-09-2012 07:43 AM

Vaclav Prospal (Columbus) - HC Ceske Budejovice (Czech Extraleague)
Milan Michalek (Ottawa) - HC Ceske Budejovice (Czech Extraleague)
Martin Hanzal (Phoenix) - HC Ceske Budejovice (Czech Extraleague)
Andrew MacDonald (New York Islanders) - HC Energie Karlovy Vary (Czech Extraleague)

Source: http://hokej.idnes.cz/milan-michalek...4300_hokej_lge

Leaf Rocket 10-09-2012 08:11 AM

Good to see a few more signings.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.