HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Kessel to the ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1268969)

Ciccio1980 10-08-2012 01:38 PM

Kessel to the ducks
 
Kessel grabovski kadri franson and a 1st round pick for Ryan and getzlaf

McTank 10-08-2012 01:39 PM

You could end up just getting ryan though

Top 6 Spaling 10-08-2012 01:39 PM

I'd do it if I was the leafs. Ducks...only if they both want out, and even then, they could probably do better.

Exit Dose 10-08-2012 01:42 PM

We need a reason to do something like this and there isn't one there. If Getzlaf wants out, then Anaheim will consider trading him. Until then, look elsewhere for your first line center needs.

Michael Gary Scott 10-08-2012 01:43 PM

Kessel for Ryan is a wash. So it's grabovski, franson, kadri and a 1st for getzlaf.

SLAPSHOT723 10-08-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott (Post 54847197)
Kessel for Ryan is a wash. So it's grabovski, franson, kadri and a 1st for getzlaf.

So you're saying it's fair value?

Leafs For Life* 10-08-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott (Post 54847197)
Kessel for Ryan is a wash. So it's grabovski, franson, kadri and a 1st for getzlaf.

Not sure how, when Kessel has had a better career year, did better this year and only has a .07 less career point %, when he is not playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

TheLeastOfTheBunch 10-08-2012 01:53 PM

Would try to take away Kessel and Ryan in that deal, but I don't think Anaheim is going to trade their #1 C.

Leafs For Life* 10-08-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch (Post 54847391)
Would try to take away Kessel and Ryan in that deal, but I don't think Anaheim is going to trade their #1 C.

Take out Kessel+Ryan, and then at the TD, and Getz is showing he wants out, try Grabo+Kadri+Franson+cond 1st 14 for Getzlaf.

Vankiller Whale 10-08-2012 01:56 PM

I think both teams would prefer to keep Ryan and Kessel out of it.

tsujimoto74 10-08-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 54847321)
Not sure how, when Kessel has had a better career year, did better this year and only has a .07 less career point %, when he is not playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Ryan doesn't play with Getzlaf and Perry either, and he plays a substantially more physical game than Kessel though. I would agree Kessel is more skilled, if that's what you meant, but Ryan brings more to the table outside of scoring.

topchowda 10-08-2012 01:58 PM

1st in 2013, 1st in 2014 & 2nd in 2014 for Ryan?

Exit Dose 10-08-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topchowda (Post 54847513)
1st in 2013, 1st in 2014 & 2nd in 2014 for Ryan?

We need Ryan more than we need picks, and we really don't NEED picks.

Leafs For Life* 10-08-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 54847497)
Ryan doesn't play with Getzlaf and Perry either, and he plays a substantially more physical game than Kessel though. I would agree Kessel is more skilled, if that's what you meant, but Ryan brings more to the table outside of scoring.

Ryan=More physical.
Kessel=more skilled.
I take skill over physical when deciding on a 1st line player, as 3rd line are where mainly physical players should be. And Ryan was on 1st until BB was hired.

TheLeastOfTheBunch 10-08-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 54847497)
Ryan doesn't play with Getzlaf and Perry either, and he plays a substantially more physical game than Kessel though. I would agree Kessel is more skilled, if that's what you meant, but Ryan brings more to the table outside of scoring.

Not true, Ryan does play with Getzlaf and Perry. He has also played a significant amount of time with Selanne and Koivu.

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...gametype=ALL#A

Last season, Perry, Getzlaf, Selanne have had a hand in ~61% of Ryan's goals (~59% overall in last 2 seasons).

Gliff 10-08-2012 02:04 PM

Franson is in Euro.

Leafs For Life* 10-08-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gliff (Post 54847645)
Franson is in Euro.

With an out clause if NHL starts again. Pretty sad that lots of NHL players have signed in euro with this clause, but Franson is going to stay b/c he is on the Leafs.

Reacher Gilt 10-08-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 54847693)
With an out clause if NHL starts again. Pretty sad that lots of NHL players have signed in euro with this clause, but Franson is going to stay b/c he is on the Leafs.

Difference is he has no contract yet. And doesn't have RFAs to singn till december to play at all this season?

Michael Gary Scott 10-08-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 54847321)
Not sure how, when Kessel has had a better career year, did better this year and only has a .07 less career point %, when he is not playing with Getzlaf and Perry.

Ryan plays a complete game. Kessel does not.

And to the other guy, no, I don't think that's fair value for getzlaf. Another quantity over quality leaf trade proposal

FishManSam 10-08-2012 02:18 PM

As a Leafs fan, I wouldn't do the trade, Kessel has more value then Ryan, so if both are removed I'd say the value is fair and then I'd do the deal.

I doubt Burke ever moves Kessel unless he states he wants out.

mytor4* 10-08-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaffan16 (Post 54847459)
Take out Kessel+Ryan, and then at the TD, and Getz is showing he wants out, try Grabo+Kadri+Franson+cond 1st 14 for Getzlaf.

Just terrible for the Ducks.:laugh:
Replace Franson with Gardiner and the Ducks might consider it.

vespa99 10-08-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott (Post 54847849)
Ryan plays a complete game. Kessel does not.

And to the other guy, no, I don't think that's fair value for getzlaf. Another quantity over quality leaf trade proposal




I dont know why people always point this out. This is pretty much the only kind of deal that ever gets made in reality. Quantity and potential for quality. How often do you see 1 for 1, quality for quality. Almost never.

Vankiller Whale 10-08-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog (Post 54847971)
Just terrible for the Ducks.:laugh:
Replace Franson with Gardiner and the Ducks might consider it.

I wouldn't sat that. As a rental, a 2nd line centre, a good prospect , a 1st, and a throw in isn't too bad value. But Getzlaf likely re-signs with Anaheim, so there's no reason to do it for them.

danyhabsfan 10-08-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciccio1980 (Post 54847071)
Kessel grabovski kadri franson and a 1st round pick for Ryan and getzlaf

Quote:

Originally Posted by topdog (Post 54847971)
Just terrible for the Ducks.:laugh:
Replace Franson with Gardiner and the Ducks might consider it.

No way they give up that much for Getzlaf without an extension.

pdd 10-08-2012 02:32 PM

Ducks get incredibly worse at center in this trade unless Kadri pans out soon. If you make it Perry + 1st for Kessel + Kadri, that's probably closer to value and gets the Ducks younger and the Leafs more physical.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.