HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Prospect Info: Lake Erie releases roster. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269051)

Hans Landaskog 10-08-2012 07:24 PM

Lake Erie releases roster.

Team looks pretty good. Even with a lockout let's hope some of these guys impress and can make an impact soon.

http://lakeeriemonsters.com.ismmedia...3_ODroster.pdf

Congo Jack 10-08-2012 07:59 PM

No Lafranchise!? Great, now we aren't going to win any of the games. :(

BrickAHL 10-08-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH (Post 54853895)
No Lafranchise!? Great, now we aren't going to win any of the games. :(

MacQueen will lead us to glory.

Elever 10-08-2012 09:31 PM

I know I should be more excited for the dmen but I'm more excited about Hishon/Sgarbossa/Trollver/Heard

Avs_19 10-08-2012 09:45 PM

Hishon! :scared:

Lonewolfe2015 10-08-2012 09:51 PM

I'm glad Olver is getting time in the AHL. IMO it is the best thing for his development, he needs lots of top 6 minutes to continue developing his scoring touch, something he would not see in the NHL.

bohlmeister 10-08-2012 09:55 PM

Should be interesting to see how those 20 year old goalies do in their first season. I wonder if any of these games will be streamed. I know that is a lofty request, LOL.

RockLobster 10-08-2012 09:57 PM

I don't know if we should be getting excited for Hishon or not.

Does the AHL have the same rule like the NHL does where injured players can't be sent down while they are injured? I seem to remember some of the Avs players being on the roster, just on IR, last year after training camp, because they had gotten injured during training camp.

I AM greatly excited to see that BOTH Aittokallio and Pickard are going to be the goalies in LE this year...although now I'm wondering if it would have been better if one of them was sent down to the Cutthroats, because then they could get playing time there.

Duchene2MacKinnon 10-08-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 54856437)
I know I should be more excited for the dmen but I'm more excited about Hishon/Sgarbossa/Trollver/Heard

I wouldn't say you should be more excited for the dman more than the forwards, I still think Hishon will end up being the best followed by Barrie, then it gets iffy as I haven't seen sugar play and I'm not sold on Elliott.

As for the keepers, I'd be happy if anyone of them became serviceable backups.

CalderKing21 10-08-2012 10:53 PM

hopefully the goalies tear it up down there and develop like mad. i love Varly but it's been forever since i'd be stoked about a goalie prospect for the Avs.

Hans Landaskog 10-09-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalderKing21 (Post 54858507)
hopefully the goalies tear it up down there and develop like mad. i love Varly but it's been forever since i'd be stoked about a goalie prospect for the Avs.

My money is on Sami

squirrelbait 10-09-2012 09:55 PM

Recent article by Dater suggests Hishon is unlikely to be playing when the season starts and might not play this year. Has not had a skate with the team yet, still experiencing headaches and post concussion symptoms.

Real tragedy.

Will surely take some time to get up to game fitness/skill levels after missing so much time away and not even having done a proper practice session yet.

squirrelbait 10-09-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrelbait (Post 54878417)
Recent article by Dater suggests Hishon is unlikely to be playing when the season starts and might not play this year. Has not had a skate with the team yet, still experiencing headaches and post concussion symptoms.

Real tragedy.

Will surely take some time to get up to game fitness/skill levels after missing so much time away and not even having done a proper practice session yet.

A link to the article mentioned above

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...n-ready/11688/

CalderKing21 10-10-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog (Post 54864485)
My money is on Sami

i don't disagree with that. i was happy but stunned when we took him.
thought for sure there was no way the Avs would take a euro, much less a goalie.

Lonewolfe2015 10-10-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalderKing21 (Post 54882017)
i don't disagree with that. i was happy but stunned when we took him.
thought for sure there was no way the Avs would take a euro, much less a goalie.

Given the relative lack of success of our Euro selections, I'm not surprised we shy away from them. Pracey clearly has a keen eye when it comes to evaluating talent, if he feels more confident in young players from the CHL, USHL and similar leagues then I'd rather go with his gut than draft more Parshins, Holos' and Nermarks.

Ivan13 10-10-2012 08:21 AM

JC Lipon (the guy we invited to our training camp) just won Dub's player of the week award.

S E P H 10-10-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 54884413)
JC Lipon (the guy we invited to our training camp) just won Dub's player of the week award.

Was invited to Avs training camp, not Lake Erie's, but seems that the training camp after the lockout is over will consist of only NHL and AHL guys. I will be surprised if any rookies will be joining, so we might have to see Lipon next season.

Ivan13 10-10-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 54887609)
Was invited to Avs training camp, not Lake Erie's, but seems that the training camp after the lockout is over will consist of only NHL and AHL guys. I will be surprised if any rookies will be joining, so we might have to see Lipon next season.

Yeah I know, I meant to post this in our prospect thread, but somehow it ended up in here :facepalm:

smitty10 10-10-2012 12:22 PM

Didn't realize that Thomas Pock came back to North America. Anyone have any information on how he's been playing since returning?

electricjib 10-10-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 54887609)

I was kind of wondering how that would work....do we have "rights" to him since we extended him a camp invite? And get first dibs to him if we have a camp this year? Say he comes can he earn an AHL contract or Entry Level during the season? What if there is no season til next year is the invite still in place or can someone else extend him one?

S E P H 10-10-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by electricjib (Post 54888099)
I was kind of wondering how that would work....do we have "rights" to him since we extended him a camp invite? And get first dibs to him if we have a camp this year? Say he comes can he earn an AHL contract or Entry Level during the season? What if there is no season til next year is the invite still in place or can someone else extend him one?

Actually I have no idea, but knowing he accepted the Avs invite means he would probably invite us a second time. Except if his last name ends with Schultz.

CalderKing21 10-10-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 54884243)
Given the relative lack of success of our Euro selections, I'm not surprised we shy away from them. Pracey clearly has a keen eye when it comes to evaluating talent, if he feels more confident in young players from the CHL, USHL and similar leagues then I'd rather go with his gut than draft more Parshins, Holos' and Nermarks.

i'd rather the Avs become adept at all facets of drafting so that we don't have huge holes and weaknesses in the farm system all the time.

not being good at drafting euro's says more about the flawed evaluation process than what league the player comes from.
the Avs tend to lean towards canadian major junior type leagues but that doesn't mean the talent is better because they're more well versed at scouting it there.

Jeff_Dyck_#1 10-10-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalderKing21 (Post 54897517)
not being good at drafting euro's says more about the flawed evaluation process than what league the player comes from.

The Avs are cheap.
With terrible scouts like that fatso Joni Lehto, and I don't know sh** about scouting Anders Carlsson there is no hope for improvement.

BoxOfChocolates 10-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 54884243)

You're going to be eating crow when he becomes the next Zetterberg :p:

RobinDIF 10-10-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_Dyck_#1 (Post 54897977)
The Avs are cheap.
With terrible scouts like that fatso Joni Lehto, and I don't know sh** about scouting Anders Carlsson there is no hope for improvement.

I am not saying that those two are good. But isnt it kinda hard to evaluate them from a fans perspective?