HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Sit/Start Week 6 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269253)

Trap Jesus 10-09-2012 11:05 AM

Sit/Start Week 6

I toyed with Dalton over Eli Manning last week and am glad I stuck with Manning.

Same issue this week though. Eli vs. the amazing 49ers D or Dalton vs. the opposite of amazing Browns D?

And I have AJ Green, so it's riskier if I start Dalton.

What the Faulk 10-09-2012 11:10 AM

Dalton without question. He only has 8 fewer points than Eli and goes up against a significantly worse defense that Eli just shredded.

Browns give up 100 more yards per game and almost 2.5 more TDs on the year than the 9ers

Trap Jesus 10-09-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What the Faulk (Post 54866181)
Dalton without question. He only has 8 fewer points than Eli and goes up against a significantly worse defense that Eli just shredded.

Thanks. Was leaning this way anyways. I don't think having Green as well is even that big of a risk because Dalton uses him so much anyways.

tv14 10-09-2012 11:29 AM

My situation:

Cam Newton has a bye. My back up is Schaub.
Do I start Schaub (vs GB) or drop him and pick-up Smith (vs NYJ)?

MurrayBannerman 10-09-2012 11:45 AM

I think I'm going with Rudolph over Hernandez this week. Just want to play it safe.

What the Faulk 10-09-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 54866903)
I think I'm going with Rudolph over Hernandez this week. Just want to play it safe.

I'd probably do the same. That Seattle defense is pretty stout.

Also Schaub vs. Smith is probably a wash. I think I'd stick with Schaub after watching Luck shred the Packers defense.

MurrayBannerman 10-09-2012 12:34 PM

Plus Washington has given up the most points to TEs this season.

Scotianhab 10-09-2012 12:43 PM

Joel Dreessen vs Chargers
Martellus Bennett vs 49ers

Jimmy Graham is on bye. Kind of leaning towards Dreessen this week.

What the Faulk 10-09-2012 01:13 PM

Manning likes his TEs and Bennett is playing hurt vs. a tough opponent. Still it's a tough call as SD isn't a pushover defensively. I'd probably lean Dreessen too because he should be good for a TD if not very many yards.

Nicks might be back too.

tbcwpg 10-09-2012 01:41 PM

I usually go by the maxim of not benching your studs, but considering my options at QB this week.

I have Brady as my starter, normally would never dream of benching him, but his matchup this week is incredibly difficult. This is ESPN standard scoring, the Seahawks have only given up 10+ points against QBs once this year, and that was 12 to Tony Romo. They've held Aaron Rogers to 9, and Cam Newton to 7.

My backup is Christian Ponder. While he's not fantasy gold, he's going up against the Redskins, who aren't defensive stalwarts by any means. Is it worth playing Brady as the obviously better QB, or play the matchup with Ponder?

What the Faulk 10-09-2012 01:58 PM

Brady is going across the country to play in one of the toughest stadiums in the league. He's also had a bit of an easy schedule going against the #25, #24 and #22 pass defenses so far. Ponder is very feast or famine, but is playing the #31 pass defense while Brady faces #5. Washington's rush defense is significantly better than it's pass defense, so they might be forced to air it out. Seattle is just great all around on defense so that could be a messy one. The numbers say Ponder.

I'm playing the matchups this year rather than sticking by the studs (that is the point of benches, after all), and I'm benching Rodgers for Kolb in one of my leagues. I'd also go with Ponder, but it's probably not as clear cut as the numbers indicate.

Edit: It should also be noted that this will only be Minnesota's 2nd outdoor game this year. Ponder went for only 10 points and change @ Jacksonville to open the season. The Vikings do seem like they're on a roll now, though.

Rethinking this, if you're an underdog I'd probably gamble on Ponder. If it should be a close matchup or you're the favorite, I'd probably go Brady.

Scotianhab 10-09-2012 07:07 PM

This past weekend I played Luck vs GB and sat Schaub vs the Jets.

This week they flip so should I start Luck vs the Jets or Schaub vs GB?

Big Poppa Puck 10-09-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What the Faulk (Post 54869577)
Edit: It should also be noted that this will only be Minnesota's 2nd outdoor game this year. Ponder went for only 10 points and change @ Jacksonville to open the season. The Vikings do seem like they're on a roll now, though.

This is Vikes first outdoor game. They were home against JAX. Their only 2 Road games were @ Indy and Detroit. Both domes.

tv14 10-10-2012 02:20 PM

Have 4 players out on bye this week (Smith, Newton, Colston and one more). So I have a depleted roster, who should I go with:

1 RB
2 WR
1 flex (WR/RB)

RB- Willis McGahee @SD (projected 9.6)
RB- William Powell vs BUF (projected 12.2)
RB- Ben Tate vs GB (projected 12)

WR- DeSean Jackson vs DET (projected 6.1)
WR- Malcom Floyd vs DEN (projected 7.4)
WR- Andre Roberts vs BUF (projected 6)

Marc the Habs Fan 10-10-2012 04:09 PM

Start 2:

Titus Young @ PHI.
Robert Meachem vs SD.
Chris Johnson vs PIT (Polamalu and Woodley are out, as much as I have trashed on CJ?K, he could have a decent game, especially since Ringer is out and they have no other option).

TootooTrain 10-10-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan (Post 54893959)
Start 2:

Titus Young @ PHI.
Robert Meachem vs SD.
Chris Johnson vs PIT (Polamalu and Woodley are out, as much as I have trashed on CJ?K, he could have a decent game, especially since Ringer is out and they have no other option).

I'd take the risk on this one with CJ. Don't shoot the messanger. Cj and Young.

-----------------

QB
A.Smith vsNYG
or
J.Freeman vsKC

I have a feeling they'll both have good days, looking for that edge though.

WR
D.Hixon @SF
or
N.Burleson @Phi

Brad Tolliver 10-10-2012 05:48 PM

FLEX
James Jones @Hou
or
Kyle Rudolph @Wsh

Have Jones in right now but leaning towards Rudolph because of the matchup.

TheMurdocktor 10-10-2012 05:58 PM

Dez Bryant vs. Baltimore

OR

Anquan Boldin vs. Dallas

Yes, I'm serious.

Tuggy 10-11-2012 06:25 AM

I need to play 3 out of this list (RBs):

Ridley @ Sea
Greene vs Ind
Fred Jackson @ Ari
Stephens-Howling vs Buf
Vick Ballard @ NYJ

Fro 10-11-2012 08:24 AM

Falcons Def vs Oak
or
Steelers Def vs Ten

UFancyHuh 10-11-2012 08:55 AM

Ridley @ Sea
Murray @ BAL
B. Green-Ellis @ CLE

pick 2?

Dragon Priest 10-11-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFancyHuh (Post 54907651)
Ridley @ Sea
Murray @ BAL
B. Green-Ellis @ CLE

pick 2?

Go with Murry and Green-Ellis

Dragon Priest 10-11-2012 11:02 AM

Vincent Jackson vs. the Chiefs
Miles Austin @ Baltimore

Leading towards Jackson at the moment. But Miles has been pretty consistent.

Bob Richards 10-11-2012 11:13 AM

DeSean Jackson vs. Detroit or James Jones vs. Houston?

Marc the Habs Fan 10-11-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 54910565)
DeSean Jackson vs. Detroit or James Jones vs. Houston?

DJack easily, Lions secondary is not good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuggy (Post 54906201)
I need to play 3 out of this list (RBs):

Ridley @ Sea
Greene vs Ind
Fred Jackson @ Ari
Stephens-Howling vs Buf
Vick Ballard @ NYJ

Ridley for sure.

With how bad the BUF defence has been, I'd go with Stephens-Howling.

Probably round it out with Jackson.