HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: 2L or 3L Center to Buffalo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269313)

CraniumCram 10-09-2012 03:22 PM

2L or 3L Center to Buffalo

Just curious as to see who might be available, and what it would take to get them. Sabres are looking for a solid faceoff center with good D-zone skills. Points would be nice. Possibly a Stoll type player.

Zippy316 10-09-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 54870235)
Just curious as to see who might be available, and what it would take to get them. Sabres are looking for a solid faceoff center with good D-zone skills. Points would be nice. Possibly a Stoll type player.

Virtually no chance he would be traded
, but what would you pay for Zajac. Fits those needs perfectly.

Vankiller Whale 10-09-2012 03:29 PM

Manny Malhotra could be available.

CraniumCram 10-09-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 54870335)

Virtually no chance he would be traded
, but what would you pay for Zajac. Fits those needs perfectly.

Given that both Buf and NJ are jammed up at D currently, we make kinda poor trade partners. But I would offer Stafford+, then probably move Ennis to wing.

CraniumCram 10-09-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 54870383)

I'd offer Jordan Leopold straight up. Luke Adam could also be had.

Homegrown Kings 10-09-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 54870383)

Huge Manny fan but he's a fringe 3C at best after that injury, and Buffalo isn't really short of that type of player.

Zippy316 10-09-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 54870757)
Given that both Buf and NJ are jammed up at D currently, we make kinda poor trade partners. But I would offer Stafford+, then probably move Ennis to wing.

Makes sense, Devils can do a lot better than Stafford as a focal piece though.

pdd 10-09-2012 04:03 PM

How about Abdelkader for Regher, or Filppula for Regher+Hodgson?

Hivemind 10-09-2012 04:06 PM

To :caps
Andrej Sekera
Luke Adam

To :sabres
Brooks Laich
2013 2nd

y2kcanucks 10-09-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 54870771)
I'd offer Jordan Leopold straight up. Luke Adam could also be had.

I'd do Manny and a 2 for Luke Adam.

McTank 10-09-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva unit zero (Post 54871163)

No way hodgson goes anywhere, doubt regher waives his NTC either

ManByng 10-09-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 54872315)
No way hodgson goes anywhere, doubt regher waives his NTC either

really? no way Regher waives to go to almighty Detroit? not a slag against Buffalo but i think he'd waive in a second to go to Detroit.

tsujimoto74 10-09-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eva unit zero (Post 54871163)

Nope. Regehr isn't going to waive his NTC, and Regier and Ruff seem very high on Hodgson's potential to be a leader and an all-situations player. I just don't see them turning around and trading him right now.
Also, the point would be for Buffalo to acquire a 3rd center, not to subtract one and add one and still only have 2. Because Leino at center needs to never happen again.

HockeyGuruPitka 10-09-2012 05:57 PM

Tyler Bozak would probably be a perfect candidate. However i highly doubt a sabres fan would give him any love.

tsujimoto74 10-09-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManByng (Post 54873203)
really? no way Regher waives to go to almighty Detroit? not a slag against Buffalo but i think he'd waive in a second to go to Detroit.

Yeah, every player in the league secretly wants to play for almighty Detroit, that's why they nabbed all the big FAs this year. :sarcasm:
For real, Regehr's biggest concern is his family. He didn't want to uproot them a year ago to move to Buffalo, and it took some powerful persuasion from Pegula to make it happen. He is not going to want to do that again now.
Besides that, he was pretty effective in his role for Buffalo -- Andrej Sekera suddenly becoming a wizard of advanced stats when paired with him, IMO, is more than coincidental. You can have Leopold, though. :nod:

Zubrus Coffee Maker 10-09-2012 06:48 PM

so, Gaustead?

struckbyaparkedcar 10-09-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker (Post 54874263)
so, Gaustead?

They guy who can't competently play with scoring liners or provide offense from a checking role? Nah.

I'd actually be interested in Bozak.

CraniumCram 10-09-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 54871213)
To :caps
Andrej Sekera
Luke Adam

To :sabres
Brooks Laich
2013 2nd

I'd rather do Sekera for Laich almost straight up.

Prairie Habs 10-09-2012 07:09 PM

If the lockout lasts long enough for Galchenyuk to get on a roll and make the team and Montreal goes with DD, Plekanec, and Galchenyuk, what would you give for Eller?

16 goals last year with no PP time, and he is reportedly up to 220lbs this offseason. He is a great 3C with a solid chance to become a good 2C. I probably still wouldn't want to trade him even in this scenario but its all hypothetical.

Would something around Stafford work? Maybe small pieces added to each side.

sabrescupbound 10-09-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 54871255)
I'd do Manny and a 2 for Luke Adam.

That might be doable with that 2nd in there.

sabrescupbound 10-09-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cramdizzl (Post 54870757)

If that were to happen, I wouldn't move Ennis to winger. Ennis was terrible when playing wing and awesome when he moved to center. Why mess with that?

CraniumCram 10-09-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 54874685)
If the lockout lasts long enough for Galchenyuk to get on a roll and make the team and Montreal goes with DD, Plekanec, and Galchenyuk, what would you give for Eller?

16 goals last year with no PP time, and he is reportedly up to 220lbs this offseason. He is a great 3C with a solid chance to become a good 2C. I probably still wouldn't want to trade him even in this scenario but its all hypothetical.

I wouldn't say RW is a huge strength of ours, I'd rather offer a Dman and a young center (Adam/Catenacci/Nelson).

Mrb1p 10-09-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 54874685)

I wouldn't sell Eller for the moon.

The only one I'd be willing to trade is DD(and I don't like that idea either.)

CraniumCram 10-09-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabrescupbound (Post 54874907)
If that were to happen, I wouldn't move Ennis to winger. Ennis was terrible when playing wing and awesome when he moved to center. Why mess with that?

He's a great player at both positions.

Rivet52 10-09-2012 07:41 PM

We really don't need another top-six center. None are going to be available for trade and even if they were, the price would be insanely high. We're moreso going to bank on giving those center spots to Ennis and Hodgson and bank on both of them to break out offensively given their bigger roles. Both could very well be excellent top-six centers in their primes and even if both never develop into first lines centers, they'd be an excellent 2A, 2B combo. Plus, we're still banking on Grigorenko to have top-six and possibly first line potential.

What we do need is a solid third or fourth line center, preferably one with some size, grit, a scoring touch, and some faceoff skills. Yes, we know, we just traded one away in Gaustad, but for Goose's price and almost nil offense, plus getting the 1st for him, we really didn't lose too much in that trade. I'd be interested in a Malhotra, Laich, or even Bozak type. Stoll isn't going anywhere. While I'd love Zajac, the price for him will be extremely high and I'm more keen on letting Ennis and Hodgson have the minutes instead, although imagining the three of them in a lineup of three scoring lines is a great idea. Zajac's return to the Devil lineup and his performance in the playoffs proved he is too valuable and that the Devils will only move him for a very good return. That will be too steep for us to pay. Plus, now that the Devils have Zajac back from injury, they'll be able to likely move Elias back to LW and keep Zubrus on RW. They weren't able to do that with Zajac injured last year.

I still say signing Arnott would be a decent solution. But really, he's probably holding out for a contender (Vancouver was rumored) so I doubt Buffalo is high on his list of places to go at this point. I mean, he did pick St. Louis last year and once the lockout lifts, he'll be running low on options, but I don't see him picking Buffalo at this point in his career.