HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   NCAA, CIS, and other college (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   2012-2013 CIS Regular Season Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269375)

SnipeShow91 10-09-2012 05:01 PM

2012-2013 CIS Regular Season Discussion

Haven't seen this posted yet, so I figure I'd beat everyone to the punch and make the thread. Anyways, back making highlight videos of RMC games. Here is saturday's video in a 6-1 loss vs. Nipissing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llV-Q...ature=youtu.be

FreddtFoyle 10-10-2012 06:02 AM

Pete Belliveau is no longer with Dalhousie. CBC radio said the former coach who switched to GM last Christmas was "fired". Herald story has him "no longer with the program". Herald also hints at rumors of CIS investigation of Dal men's hockey program. Related? Hmmm.

STUTOMMIES 10-10-2012 06:45 AM

Here is the story about Belliveau. Did the guy become stupid or careless?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...s-former-coach

Belliveau’s termination comes on the heels of the university preparing a disclosure to Canadian Interuniversity Sport.

Quote:

Crosby wouldn’t get into specifics pertaining to the disclosure. But an informed source said that the CIS had been investigating the hockey team. It’s unclear what the investigation entailed.

“We have spoken to CIS and we are preparing a disclosure,” Crosby said. “It’s a written document (and will be) prepared ideally this week, within the next two (weeks) for sure.

“CIS policy, any time a submission has been made, the criteria around that must remain private and we will abide by that,” Crosby added. “I can’t comment to the specifics.”

rantfather 10-10-2012 08:23 AM

Is it time for ALL programs to be investigated by CIS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle (Post 54883883)
Pete Belliveau is no longer with Dalhousie. CBC radio said the former coach who switched to GM last Christmas was "fired". Herald story has him "no longer with the program". Herald also hints at rumors of CIS investigation of Dal men's hockey program. Related? Hmmm.

I would say that ALL programs should be regularly investigated by CIS.......why just Dalhousie ??

:yo::yo::yo::yo:

FreddtFoyle 10-10-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rantfather (Post 54884973)
I would say that ALL programs should be regularly investigated by CIS.......why just Dalhousie ??

As I understand the process, normally someone (another university) has to first file a formal complaint to the CIS, which they then follow-up.

rantfather 10-10-2012 08:46 AM

Is it time for ALL programs to be investigated by CIS?

See above post.

rantfather 10-10-2012 09:21 AM

Only guessing here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle (Post 54885075)
As I understand the process, normally someone (another university) has to first file a formal complaint to the CIS, which they then follow-up.

I am making an uninformed guess here but could it be that Coach Pete Belliveau was guilty of distributing too many hockey sticks to his players and if so
has there been assurances that ALL University hockey programs are complying with the rules??

Does there exist a "hockey stick".gap amongst its members and in the iinterest and fairness to all should there not be an inclusive audit of ALL programs ?

A "hockey stick"gap should NOT be tolerated in the AUS.

hyster110 10-10-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rantfather (Post 54885799)
I am making an uninformed guess here but could it be that Coach Pete Belliveau was guilty of distributing too many hockey sticks to his players and if so
has there been assurances that ALL University hockey programs are complying with the rules??

Does there exist a "hockey stick".gap amongst its members and in the iinterest and fairness to all should there not be an inclusive audit of ALL programs ?

A "hockey stick"gap should NOT be tolerated in the AUS.

is this sarcasm?

WilcoxHound 10-10-2012 10:03 AM

Of course it is sarcasm, rantfather is disguising hockey sticks for any payment in kind whether that be in the form of cash, cars, premier accommodations or any other form of exchange for services. While I have learned to take rantfather's postings with a grain of salt I tend to agree with his call for an audit of the AUS but not to stop there, it should be CIS wide. Certainly the expense to do this would be too much for the system to absorb however it can be run similar to "random drug testing".
Relying on other teams to "rat out" the competition won't work as brotherhood bonds amongst administration of the various teams keeps everything quiet for fear of payback should one brother step out of line.
In spite of how many see the CIS it is not a professional league and success should not be governed by financial advantage.

rantfather 10-10-2012 12:38 PM

Disclosure document by all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilcoxHound (Post 54886401)
Of course it is sarcasm, rantfather is disguising hockey sticks for any payment in kind whether that be in the form of cash, cars, premier accommodations or any other form of exchange for services. While I have learned to take rantfather's postings with a grain of salt I tend to agree with his call for an audit of the AUS but not to stop there, it should be CIS wide. Certainly the expense to do this would be too much for the system to absorb however it can be run similar to "random drug testing".
Relying on other teams to "rat out" the competition won't work as brotherhood bonds amongst administration of the various teams keeps everything quiet for fear of payback should one brother step out of line.
In spite of how many see the CIS it is not a professional league and success should not be governed by financial advantage.

Boy,you are some quick Wilcox Hound|

Fair play is fair and ALL teams should be required to document their practices. I am quite sure that NOTHING of this nature would never have occurred at my alma mater as their annual results would not reflect that BUT who really knows .

I wonder if a Freedom of Information request would illuminate this subject and maybe SOMEBODY should show some leadership and make such a request.
Labelling Pete Belliveau with what might be common practice seems unfair to me,what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Rangersfan21 10-10-2012 04:41 PM

Rmc

I understand RMC struggles almost every year, Where would you guys consider there level of play to be at?
Jr.A?

cishockeyfan 10-10-2012 07:45 PM

Lets not jump the gun too quick on Pete Beliveau till we hear the story, obviously hes gotten himself into some type of trouble, how serious it is has yet to be revealed.

Maybe its not financialy related at all, maybe this goes back to him and his players and why he stepped down from coaching, Penn state anyone? I shouldnt say that cause thats highly I would hope unlikely

Maybe Pete's full time manager position to focus on the financial side of things has two different possible tales, he got hiself into a mess and needed that full time position to concentrate fully on covering his trail. Maybe in his new position some of the fundraising or any money geared towards the hockey program etc etc went into his own pocket.

Maybe he did offer more than he was allowed to players, cause he did get in one hell of alot of new recruits over his 4 years. On the other hand no one can accuse him of cheating because the results weren't there in the standings anyways. Maybe theirs a Reason David MacDonald transfered to Dal from SMU. Maybe the new Shared Hallways of the Forum between the Tigers and Huskies revealed some casual conversation between players, that got leaked to the Trevor Steinburgs of the world

Maybe this goes back to simular incidents that maybe took place in Moncton, Lakehead and Windsor and later his reasoning for leaving the bench last xmas.

As far as a AUS Wide Audit goes, for sure and it may happen now but I dont think anyone is hiding anything or else theyd be Caught by now, why pick on Pete Beliveau for financial reasons at Dalhousie, I would say every team and Coach in the League over the Years has had more and more hatred for UNB Hockey, you don't think one of those coaches would like to see the UNB Program go down if they thought they were doing something wrong to lure in the players beyond the fact of the program tradition? And if those Coaches really thought UNB or any program was doing something againts the rules, the simple reason they probably have for not ratting out that program, is cause they now they are doing the same thing.

It all Started with Mike Johnston at UNB. The Red Devils (reds) were terrible in 1988 to 1990, They had a winning season every year and improved overall each year peaking in 1998 with their first University Cup Championchip, they took a minor step back in 1999 with a U-Cup Hangover, a couple of high profile guys got offered deals, Coach Mike Kelly was also another, Tom Coolen took over for two years and didnt really get a chance to put a huge stamp of his own, but still UNB lost in double OT in his second season to Alberta in the Final, The Era of Gardiner began the next year and he has grown the program each year more and more based of more and more success and Tradition. Where UNB is at Today has been 20 + years in the making, not because in 2007 Gardiner decided to go out and buy a Ring.

I say this because the finger pointing always starts, even though Pete Beliveau is in some type of trouble, and quite possibly Dalhousie University themselves, it starts to look UNB's way.

rantfather 10-10-2012 10:29 PM

You said it,don't jump the gun too quickly!

Whether details EVER get out with CIS policies NO ONE SHOULD BE SUGGESTING ANY THING IN THE ABSENCE OF DETAILS.

”IF" his firing had ANYTHING to.do.with $$$$$$ compensation to his hockey players he would be NOT THE ONLY SCHOOL DOING IT and it is hippocritical of CIS and Dal to try to invoke the excuse that "they did not know what was going on"

Give your heads a shake boys,"EVERYBODY IS DOING IT" including OUA schools and CIS conveniently IGNORES it and PETE BELLIVEAU gets skewered by DAL.

Every school should be required to submit to an audit and submit same to a governing body with some power to.ACT.

IT IS neither RIGHT nor FAIR that one man should be singled out and examined when it is known that it is general practice to some degree or other with ALL schools.

WilcoxHound 10-10-2012 10:29 PM

The discussion was about Pete Belleveau being under the microscope and calling for a CIS audit of random teams. I don't see aspersions being directed toward UNB or any other team in any other sport in this thread. Creating an aura of paranoia gets everyone asking: What's to hide?

Rob 10-10-2012 11:35 PM

Considering their on ice performance Dal didn't look suspect to me. :laugh:

gleanerguy 10-11-2012 01:45 AM

Absolutely agree. Let the investigation run its course. It's telling though, that Dal would dismiss Belliveau "on the heels" of preparing its disclosure document to CIS. It makes it seem that they did their own internal investigation, found whatever it is to be a fireable or dismissable offence, and now are doing their best to come clean to restore the reputation of their institution.
In my own dealings with Pete, I found him to be candid, direct. co-operative, and maybe too honest for his own good in the sense that his players might not like to read what he was saying about them.
I know that he always treated me and other members of our staff with respect and was always quick to comment or compliment. I'll miss him.

rantfather 10-11-2012 05:04 AM

In total agreement with Gleaners Guy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gleanerguy (Post 54904979)
Absolutely agree. Let the investigation run its course. It's telling though, that Dal would dismiss Belliveau "on the heels" of preparing its disclosure document to CIS. It makes it seem that they did their own internal investigation, found whatever it is to be a fireable or dismissable offence, and now are doing their best to come clean to restore the reputation of their institution.
In my own dealings with Pete, I found him to be candid, direct. co-operative, and maybe too honest for his own good in the sense that his players might not like to read what he was saying about them.
I know that he always treated me and other members of our staff with respect and was always quick to comment or compliment. I'll miss him.

I have known Pete for decades and HE IS ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS,He has been thrown under the bus by DAL.

TRANSPARENCY is NOT something that CIS and member schools adhere to as a principle of operations and would ensure athletic organizations to be more accountable for their actions.

I am ALL for a complete audit of member schools as to their athletic expenditures....

FreddtFoyle 10-11-2012 07:19 AM

I can't believe I might be agreeing with Ranter :), but like Gleanerguy I've always been treated the best by Belliveau, who always accommodates media and gives straight answers to questions. He's a likeable guy.

Seeing as Dal sacked their AD not that long ago (and Pete's contract extension probably had a lot to do with that ...) I would not be surprised if indeed Dal is sacrificing Pete to the CIS to cover their butts.

We'll just have to wait to see what is made public about the investigation.

gleanerguy 10-11-2012 10:26 AM

That from Rantfathber. THAT is the shocking part! :)

rantfather 10-11-2012 11:36 AM

Just being VENEMOUS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gleanerguy (Post 54909279)

That from Rantfathber. THAT is the shocking part! :)

I am a bit surprised.that no A/D's have not got into the act and maybe a poll of those about a CIS audit would prove enlightening.

NOBODY has refuted allegations of THE PROBLEM,even CIS!

What's UP I wonder?

EVERYBODY,even Gleaners Guy and Freddtfoyle can have a good idea or two and I have no problem acknowledging that.

ENJOY!

cishockeyfan 10-11-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilcoxHound (Post 54902067)
The discussion was about Pete Belleveau being under the microscope and calling for a CIS audit of random teams. I don't see aspersions being directed toward UNB or any other team in any other sport in this thread. Creating an aura of paranoia gets everyone asking: What's to hide?

nothing to hide here just a fan in the stands! Me using UNB as a example is because one its the only team I know inside out and two as a UNB fan you get used to the finger pointing. but your right it is about Pete, thats why I find it hard to believe it is what we think it is because my belief is Pete was doing no more or no less than any other Coach in the lead does

I agree with the point that Pete is being thrown under the bus by Dal if this is what it is all about but I can't help but think theirs a twist to the story

When can UNB hire Pete Beliveau for recruiting?

Rob 10-13-2012 12:39 PM

McGill now 0-3 to start the season. Play a tough Carleton tonight.

blackmarketmob 10-13-2012 07:52 PM

Highlights of Laurier's 3-2 overtime loss against Waterloo. An excellent and up tempo game I attended. The rink which has a small capacity was completely full with close to 500 people crammed in.

WilcoxHound 10-13-2012 08:45 PM

Nice start for the GeeGees knocking of the Redmen 4-2 last night at McGill and trouncing UQTR 6-2 tonight at the Ottawa home opener. These guys are playing Real Paiment shutdown hockey and backing up the solid defensive play with opportune goalscoring. The sloppiness and poor decision making that haunted them in the defensive zone last year has been replaced by discipline with all 6 players on the ice working together. No need to mention individual performances, the team comes first with this edition from UO.

blackmarketmob 10-13-2012 10:01 PM

Laurier lost tonight 3-2 in London against Western. Shots were 26-24 for Western after 2 periods with Laurier up 2-0 going into the third. Laurier has a tendency to sit back with a lead especially in third periods, and it appears that happened as Western mounted 22 shots in the 3rd with 3 unanswered goals to get the win.

Of note for the OUA, hockeydb has begun to track the OUA stats as the season progresses.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...a19802013.html

All games up until I believe yesterday are updated with goals, assists, goaltender stats, and even plus/minus which is not even tracked on the OUA website. Pretty cool to see.