HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Teemu Eronen to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269415)

Qward 10-09-2012 07:25 PM

Teemu Eronen to Ottawa

Teemu Eronen and Karlsson are having some very good chemistry together. Out of curiosity, what would you value him at coming to the Sens org?

Zippy316 10-09-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 54876323)
Teemu Eronen and Karlsson are having some very good chemistry together. Out of curiosity, what would you value him at coming to the Sens org?

*waits for "Who?" comments*

inthewings 10-09-2012 07:38 PM

Really no incentive for St. Louis to move him unless we have an expendable roster player they like. He's been really good since being drafted.

bleedblue1223 10-09-2012 08:13 PM

He plays for the same team that Jarmo Kekalainen is now the GM for. If Eronen is traded, it will be because there is a serious issue or we get serious overpayment. I think we are going to hold on to him, as he has been developing nicely. If he is playing well with Karlsson, then he could definitely play well with Pietrangelo.

What Eronen is realistically worth, would not fill a need for us, and Eronen could potentially fill the need that we do have.

bluemandan 10-09-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 54877413)
He plays for the same team that Jarmo Kekalainen is now the GM for. If Eronen is traded, it will be because there is a serious issue or we get serious overpayment. I think we are going to hold on to him, as he has been developing nicely. If he is playing well with Karlsson, then he could definitely play well with Pietrangelo.

What Eronen is realistically worth, would not fill a need for us, and Eronen could potentially fill the need that we do have.

Well said.

Eronen's potential is likely worth more to the Blues than anything he could realistically return at this point.

derriko 10-09-2012 11:07 PM

What is considered overpaying for a former 7th rounder one year after the draft?And Karlsson is pretty much going to have chemistry with almost anyone he plays with. He is the (semi-arguable) best defenseman in the world...

Kershaw 10-09-2012 11:38 PM

Seems pretty stupid. You can put a pylon with EK and he'd make it look good.

Sureves 10-10-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 54881497)

Even worse, you can put Kuba with him and he still makes him look good.

Qward 10-10-2012 07:10 AM

I think a prospect like Prince would be enough to get him.

jbeck5 10-10-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

That logic does not make sense. "if heatley can score 50 goals and 100 points with spezza, then he can do it with thornton".

Just because a player has chemistry with one player doesn't mean he'll have chemistry with any other player of equal caliber.

HavlatMach9 10-10-2012 07:15 AM

If he's good enough, I'm sure Karlsson will let Bryan Murray know to trade for him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 54884229)

You make it sound like Karlsson covers for Kuba :shakehead
Oh wait, maybe you have a point.

bleedblue1223 10-10-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbeck5 (Post 54884333)
That logic does not make sense. "if heatley can score 50 goals and 100 points with spezza, then he can do it with thornton".

Just because a player has chemistry with one player doesn't mean he'll have chemistry with any other player of equal caliber.

All I meant was if he can hang with a player like Karlsson, he has the ability to hang with Pietrangelo. Some players simply can't keep up with elite caliber players. I didn't say anything about production or chemistry.

Rhino Reilly 10-10-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 54881497)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 54884229)

These. Kid is just...special. He has the ability to make every other 4 teammates on the ice much better players thus making them look better then they actually are.

Pilgore88 10-10-2012 09:48 AM

Karlsson likely would have found chemistry with anyone. Eronen is not worth trying to get, he will not be a top 2 dman, and if we are trading for him because of his chemistry with Karlsson, that is the role he would be given (if we play him with Karlsson he would be on the top unit)

InjuredChoker 10-10-2012 10:33 AM

I think Karlsson would benefit more from being paired with big, physical defensive D than with Eronen. What works in FEL might not work in NHL.

Kezia 10-10-2012 11:16 AM

No thanks unless its for a late round pick.

TOGuy14 10-10-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Karlsson and Pietrangelo are probably two of the best young D in the game, but their styles are nowhere near similar. Just because he plays good with one doesn't mean he would do so with another...

bleedblue1223 10-10-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGuy14 (Post 54887737)
Karlsson and Pietrangelo are probably two of the best young D in the game, but their styles are nowhere near similar. Just because he plays good with one doesn't mean he would do so with another...

What I meant was he was able to keep up with an elite caliber defenseman, meaning it is plausible that he would be able to keep up with another elite caliber defenseman. Some players simply don't have the talent level to keep up with a player on the level of Karlsson or Pietrangelo. Point is, Eronen is showing good potential, and it wouldn't be worth moving him.

jbeck5 10-10-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 54884375)
All I meant was if he can hang with a player like Karlsson, he has the ability to hang with Pietrangelo. Some players simply can't keep up with elite caliber players. I didn't say anything about production or chemistry.

My bad. I misunderstood.

bleedblue1223 10-10-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbeck5 (Post 54895863)
My bad. I misunderstood.

It's all good.

Manked 10-12-2012 01:43 AM

Wouldn't trade Prince for Eronen.

Crumblin Erb Brooks 10-12-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemisti (Post 54886899)
I think Karlsson would benefit more from being paired with big, physical defensive D than with Eronen. What works in FEL might not work in NHL.

Exactly, Eronen is probably the last guy you would want to play him with in the NHL. They seem to be of the similar type of player, small puck movers.

bp spec 10-12-2012 07:38 PM

2nd + Meszaros

TOGuy14 10-12-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 54887943)
What I meant was he was able to keep up with an elite caliber defenseman, meaning it is plausible that he would be able to keep up with another elite caliber defenseman. Some players simply don't have the talent level to keep up with a player on the level of Karlsson or Pietrangelo. Point is, Eronen is showing good potential, and it wouldn't be worth moving him.

When you play with truly elite players they make you look better than you are.

*cough* Ian White *cough*

turkulad 10-13-2012 05:56 AM

The minute you inquire about the value of a seventh-round prospect, his value rises to that of a fifth-rounder. If you keep the conversation going, the value will then heighten to that of a second-rounder, meaning a prospect that someone knew even before the topic was started.

Value inflation at its finest.