HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Western Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Great Britain: Hockey in Britain part 3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269561)

stv11 10-10-2012 09:37 AM

Hockey in Britain part 3
 
New thread, the last one reached 1000 posts.

You guys have some good discussions going on, you should open separate threads rather than put everything into this one.

Any opinion about this? There could be stickied threads to discuss regular topics and other discussions could have their own.

Propane Nightmares 10-10-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Where do Romford Raiders come into this? The only mention you made of NIHL teams being involved was as sacrificial lambs to make up the numbers in EIHL teams. Weren't we purely talking about an EIHL (with NIHL fillers) vs EPL cup?
I'm using this example to point out the flaws in the comparison to football and the FA cup.

Quote:

I've no doubt you'll retort by using 'Belfast Giants vs Telford Tigers' or some such but why not 'Edinburgh Capitals/Hull Stingrays vs Guildford Flames/Manchester Phoenix'? I'm pretty sure they'd be fairly good games.
No, they wouldn't. You vastly underestimate the gap in standard between the EIHL and EPL.

Propane Nightmares 10-10-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stv11 (Post 54886005)
New thread, the last one reached 1000 posts.

You guys have some good discussions going on, you should open separate threads rather than put everything into this one.

Any opinion about this? There could be stickied threads to discuss regular topics and other discussions could have their own.

I was thinking this also.

International tournaments could have their own thread, then a thread for just EIHL discussion, a thread for EPL and NIHL, and a thread for juniors/prospects.

villevalo 10-10-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 Problems (Post 54886317)
I was thinking this also.

International tournaments could have their own thread, then a thread for just EIHL discussion, a thread for EPL and NIHL, and a thread for juniors/prospects.

Sounds good to me.

Propane Nightmares 10-10-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villevalo (Post 54889343)
Sounds good to me.

Made 4 threads.

Keep this thread for general stuff (e.g. new rink building) or if someone doesn't know which thread to post something in. And talking about the sport in the country as a whole.

stv11 10-11-2012 02:42 AM

No need to create empty threads for the moment, national team and prospect threads can be created when needed.

I've stickied the EIHL thread as it seems most of your discussions revolve around league play, and unstickied this one. We'll see how things go in a few weeks, and if needed I'll put other threads on the top of the forum.

Propane Nightmares 10-11-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stv11 (Post 54905327)
No need to create empty threads for the moment, national team and prospect threads can be created when needed.

I've stickied the EIHL thread as it seems most of your discussions revolve around league play, and unstickied this one. We'll see how things go in a few weeks, and if needed I'll put other threads on the top of the forum.

Ok no problem, I'll make another thread when they announce the roster for Olympic qualifiers

Scarecrow Boat 10-12-2012 09:34 PM

I do like this set up cuz I was always lost during talks of EIHL and the other leagues. I just know the prospects names and the national team stuff ;)

Beville 10-13-2012 08:49 AM

Personally I preferred the all in one setup :laugh:

howeaboutthat 10-15-2012 02:24 PM

Heard an interesting rumour today from two different sources.

Whilst skating at the NIC a fellow hockey player I was chatting to told me that the University of Nottingham are planning on building their own Olympic-sized pad ice rink on their Jubilee Campus (where many of their other sports facilities are). Later on, whilst chatting to an acquaintance who works for Nottingham City Council's planning department he (knowing I play hockey) mentioned the same rumour to me.

Would definitely be a bonus if a third pad were opened in Nottingham, ice time is a always at a premium in Nottingham even with two pads.

Here is hoping this rumour becomes fact.

Jossy99 10-16-2012 06:11 PM

This season has been great so far as a Dundee fan i can honestly say that im more confident in the squad of players we have this season I go to game against the "bigger" teams thinking we can actually get 2 points and not being on the wrong end of a hammering.

AlanHUK 10-17-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howeaboutthat (Post 55011645)
Heard an interesting rumour today from two different sources.

Whilst skating at the NIC a fellow hockey player I was chatting to told me that the University of Nottingham are planning on building their own Olympic-sized pad ice rink on their Jubilee Campus (where many of their other sports facilities are). Later on, whilst chatting to an acquaintance who works for Nottingham City Council's planning department he (knowing I play hockey) mentioned the same rumour to me.

Would definitely be a bonus if a third pad were opened in Nottingham, ice time is a always at a premium in Nottingham even with two pads.

Here is hoping this rumour becomes fact.

Hopefully the uni would allow colleges to access the ice pad too, I've been meaning to give hockey another go. Will probably go for a few skates next week to see how my knee and ankle hold up

Propane Nightmares 10-22-2012 04:12 AM

Just wanted to say a U18 who plays up for my team Chris Beal is having brain surgery today after he was diagnosed with hydrocephalus, which was discovered when he had an x-ray after taking a bad hit playing in Cardiff. It's not clear if he'll ever be able to play again.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=157839

villevalo 10-26-2012 09:07 AM

Anyone who wants a hockey fix on the 1st November (half term I believe), the Bracknell Bees have their 25th anniversary match against a Bees legend side who include Matt Cote, Danny Meyers, and more to be announced.

Face off is 8pm, doors open 7:15pm.

Get yourself down the Hive and help celebrate 25 years of hockey :D

Propane Nightmares 10-26-2012 09:11 AM

Even if I'm not asked to line it I might come down anyway, since I never get to actually watch hockey anymore :laugh:

villevalo 11-01-2012 08:11 AM

25th anniversary game tonight.

Need a hockey fix? 8pm face off, doors open 7:15pm.

Shrimper 11-01-2012 03:02 PM

Biz Nasty has signed for Cardiff Devils.

Propane Nightmares 11-09-2012 06:50 PM

So there's a kid in the top 10 scoring for U16 North from Sheffield called Oliver Simms. Please tell me that's not Dave Simms' kid :laugh:

clatchie 11-10-2012 07:21 PM

is Oliver trying to sell flats?

Scarecrow Boat 11-12-2012 12:13 PM

I know this is Hockey in Britain but this is a British in Hockey post :)

I've been checking daily and it's updated!
http://www.eliteprospects.com/stats_...s&continent=NA

villevalo 11-15-2012 10:08 AM



For the stripes of the forum :laugh:

Also Imaginary Threats, looks like Bison have signed Kris Melacharino, going by EP he's barely played at all it seems, know anything about him?

Propane Nightmares 11-15-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villevalo (Post 55783999)


For the stripes of the forum :laugh:

Also Imaginary Threats, looks like Bison have signed Kris Melacharino, going by EP he's barely played at all it seems, know anything about him?

That's ****ing brilliant :laugh: dem crazy Russians

Kris Melachrino, that's a very confusing signing for the Bison. I saw him play a couple of times for the ENL Jets last season and he was brutal.

Scarecrow Boat 11-15-2012 03:06 PM

poopy. Brendan Perlini was one of the invites to Team Ontario for the U17's. It isn't an official IIHF event so it doesn't declare nationality but I was hoping there was a chance he'd wanna play for his home land lol

Propane Nightmares 11-15-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Tilander (Post 55790767)
poopy. Brendan Perlini was one of the invites to Team Ontario for the U17's. It isn't an official IIHF event so it doesn't declare nationality but I was hoping there was a chance he'd wanna play for his home land lol

I'm just shocked he got an invite considering how crap he's been this season

Scarecrow Boat 11-15-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 55797333)
I'm just shocked he got an invite considering how crap he's been this season

16 year old getting small minutes. It's not that rare tbh

#3 overall has 4 points in 22GP
#12 overall has 2 points in 23GP
#13 overall has 4 points in 21GP
#17 overall has 0 points in 10GP
#21 overall has 2 points in 21GP

Production for rookies usually picks up after Christmas. Most trades go down around World Junior time and it's when teams decide if their rookie can take on a bigger role or not.

I haven't seen a Barrie game yet and doubt I'll see one unless it's on TV but I hear his stats aren't displaying his ability.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.