HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   On the Radio: Botch vs Ferraro arguement (team1040) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269581)

Lucbourdon 10-10-2012 11:46 AM

Botch vs Ferraro arguement (team1040)

Did anybody else hear it this morning?. Supposedly they went at each other harder then when pratt and taylor went at each other. It was trending from what I heard. Lot's of people still talk about it, I wonder if there gonna add it on the podcast later.

KidCanuck* 10-10-2012 11:53 AM

Didn't hear it but I bet everything I own that Ferraro was right.

WinterEmpire 10-10-2012 11:55 AM

Botchford is an idiot who can't backup his statements

y2kcanucks 10-10-2012 12:03 PM

Ferraro was probably right.

crazycanuck 10-10-2012 12:08 PM

Not exactly sure about the details but the jist of the argument was whether or not athletes go out with the intent of injuring an opposing player. Ferraro said no and Botch said yes. Ferraro also pulled out the "you never played the game" argument, lol.

craigcaulks* 10-10-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycanuck (Post 54888825)
Not exactly sure about the details but the jist of the argument was whether or not athletes go out with the intent of injuring an opposing player. Ferraro said no and Botch said yes. Ferraro also pulled out the "you never played the game" argument, lol.

Kind of an apt point in this discussion.

Hedberg 10-10-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigcaulks (Post 54888857)
Kind of an apt point in this discussion.

Not really. Ferraro only knows about his own mindset during games, not other players.

JonnyCash 10-10-2012 12:30 PM

I wonder what else they will pull to get ratings during the lockout?

Jay Cee 10-10-2012 12:34 PM

Right Ray, no players ever go out with the intent of hurting guys on the other team.

My initial reaction was the same as most people that Botch was probably wrong. I am surprised to say I don't think so.

Nuck This 10-10-2012 12:48 PM

Is this all sports? From my experience in hockey and football a lot of people play to hurt people. Not necessarily aiming for parts of the body but chopping with a stick or hitting to hurt. Obviously some people do it but it's not the majority. Obviously.

givemeda411 10-10-2012 12:49 PM

That was great radio and I totally side with Ray on the topic.

Has team 1040 posted it yet? Want to play it back to some guys in the office.

KidCanuck* 10-10-2012 12:55 PM

Botchford is shuffling in his seat in his car on the way home, all excited to tell his wife about his exciting day where he may be relevent for the first time in his meaningless carreer.

Jay Cee 10-10-2012 12:58 PM

Ouch. Some people legit hate Botch.

I don't get it. I think generally speaking he has been improving all the time, even if I wasn't such a big fan of his back in the day.

craigcaulks* 10-10-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedberg (Post 54889133)
Not really. Ferraro only knows about his own mindset during games, not other players.

So that would be 1 more than Botchford then.

craigcaulks* 10-10-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Cee (Post 54889847)

I don't get it. I think generally speaking he has been improving all the time, even if I wasn't such a big fan of his back in the day.

I am better at dentistry today than I was 30 years ago, but I still suck at it.

The Gourmet 10-10-2012 01:02 PM

I love it when Botchford and Debron team up to argue a nonsensical point, angering Scotty.

I used to not like Botchford but he once had a rant about the menu button on the Shaw remote that forces you to wait 20 seconds to exit the menu and I couldn't relate more.

Luck 6 10-10-2012 01:05 PM

Of course players aim to hurt, I don't see how anyone could argue against that.

Pseudonymous 10-10-2012 01:05 PM

That was the argument? and there was a person saying players dont? How is this even a debate, course some players do. To generalize and say all players do or all players dont is silly, some do, course they do. When I play, I would as would anyone ive ever met and played a sport with. Injuries heal. You dont want to end their career. Nothing wrong with being proud of crushing a guy and him being out a game or a week. Got to love how one person probably came in here trying to be such an upstanding citizen and saying, hitting to injure is so wrong and then everybody else followed like homers, now if anybody says anything about hitting to injure, hes a low class a-hole. People always try to look a certain way on a board and its pretty funny to the average reader who doesn't really care about an internet persona. Its like how everybody jumped on board with that whole lackadaisical trend, got to look like you have good morals and a large vocab on here ;)

Laterade 10-10-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gourmet (Post 54889927)
I love it when Botchford and Debron team up to argue a nonsensical point, angering Scotty.

I used to not like Botchford but he once had a rant about the menu button on the Shaw remote that forces you to wait 20 seconds to exit the menu and I couldn't relate more.

:laugh:

sleeper cab 10-10-2012 01:17 PM

The argument was more based on the premeditation to injure someone by saying in the locker room you are going to go head hunting etc

Scurr 10-10-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luck 6 (Post 54889977)
Of course players aim to hurt, I don't see how anyone could argue against that.

It's the hurt vs injure argument. It helps players sleep at night to say they are out to hurt but not to injure.

Pseudonymous 10-10-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeper cab (Post 54890215)
The argument was more based on the premeditation to injure someone by saying in the locker room you are going to go head hunting etc

Nobody just comes up with this stuff on its own, has to stem from something, they dont just start the game saying that to each other. :laugh: players definitely start the game with a clear head and if anything real dirty happens, i have no doubt they'd like to injure that person back on a big hit and most go out of their way to do it too, we've seen it many times on television.

Co Ho* 10-10-2012 01:26 PM

I don't know how you could argue against intent to injure after the Bertuzzi incident. Clearly premeditated.

Nuck This 10-10-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Cee (Post 54889847)

Botch and Sekeres should be the main team 1040 show. Taylor and BMac are brutal.....

Hollywood Burrows 10-10-2012 01:44 PM

Hmmm I guess Bobby Clarke just intended to massage Kharlamov's ankle?

The real losers of this argument are all the people listening to Team 1040.