HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   HF's Top 50 - Fall 2012 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269615)

squidz* 10-10-2012 01:02 PM

HF's Top 50 - Fall 2012

As you might have noticed, HF's top 50 has been rolling out this week. They made it to 21-30 today and the Wild have two prospects in this range:

25 - Charlie Coyle
28 - Jonas Brodin

21-30
31-40
41-50

TZM 10-10-2012 01:12 PM

Not complaining. Also, funny how Klefbom is #29 and Brodin #28.

squidz* 10-10-2012 01:17 PM

Looking at the thread on the prospects forum, I would assume the only Wild player left to hit the list will be Granlund. Even though Dumba should definitely be ranked ahead of someone like Pouliot, I can't imagine him being ranked over Brodin, and someone compared the previous list and there's two players out of the obvious draftees and the last top 50 who still need to be left off.

Beegoalie 10-10-2012 03:26 PM

Dumba sneaking in the next ranking?? With Granlund an obvious top 3?? Or 5??

forthewild 10-10-2012 04:04 PM

Brodin at 28 makes this list reek of human ****.

Guy just played at world champs, established and well respected NHL players praised him and he is at 28, yeah.......

this providence 10-10-2012 04:13 PM

Pretty crazy how high some people are on Etem. Solid prospect to be sure, but he's not exactly a guy I would personally place on a list like this. Especially all that high throughout the process. Guess it's just a matter of absolute ceiling vs. reasonable aim and how the evaluators lean in regards to prospects.

For the record; wouldn't have much issue with Dumba missing the list entirely at this point. I don't even believe he's in the Wild's top 5 so not too sure it'd be a huge slight against him. Once/if he makes greater strides over the course of the year, he'll be there.

Generic User 10-10-2012 04:58 PM

I would put Brodin top 15.. but I like him enough to avy him. Should be higher than Coyle.

Dumba should crack the top 50, but as TP said, I don't even rank him in the Wild's top 5 (Granlund, Brodin, Zucker, Larsson, Hackett).

Minnesota 10-10-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Generic User (Post 54894933)
I would put Brodin top 15.. but I like him enough to avy him. Should be higher than Coyle.

Dumba should crack the top 50, but as TP said, I don't even rank him in the Wild's top 5 (Granlund, Brodin, Zucker, Larsson, Hackett).

Coyle's higher than Brodin? Not even going to click the link. List is bad.

squidz* 10-10-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this providence (Post 54894029)
Pretty crazy how high some people are on Etem. Solid prospect to be sure, but he's not exactly a guy I would personally place on a list like this. Especially all that high throughout the process. Guess it's just a matter of absolute ceiling vs. reasonable aim and how the evaluators lean in regards to prospects.

For the record; wouldn't have much issue with Dumba missing the list entirely at this point. I don't even believe he's in the Wild's top 5 so not too sure it'd be a huge slight against him. Once/if he makes greater strides over the course of the year, he'll be there.

Missing the list entirely isn't okay with me when you consider that a player like Pouliot (selected later, was a huge reach, lower upside, more generic skillset) is ranked 41st.

rynryn 10-10-2012 06:17 PM

without going into assigning solid rankings of my own and just focusing on who is ahead or behind whom...this list is crazy.
but then it usually is, right?
edit: maybe made with a little more hype in mind than actually talent. your stock seems to go up on the list if you are a good combo of A) skill and B) pick of a loud fanbase, and C) played for a good CHL team.

tyratoku 10-10-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 54896211)
Missing the list entirely isn't okay with me when you consider that a player like Pouliot (selected later, was a huge reach, lower upside, more generic skillset) is ranked 41st.

But then you've got a guy like Forsberg who was drafted at 11 or whatever, but ranked #24.

Jarick 10-10-2012 07:21 PM

I think Etem could be the next Devin Setoguchi...now if that's 30 goal or 15 goal Setoguchi I don't know, but he seems similar. Speedy goal scorer, north-south kinda guy.

Brodin > Coyle. I know that HF loves their stats but a potential franchise puck moving shutdown guy is more valuable than a potential 30 goal power forward.

Beegoalie 10-10-2012 07:30 PM

Everyone seems to think Dumba is a top 20 guy..I don't have a problem with it based on pure potential over Brodin..but I have Brodin over Dumba on my Wild list like most of you guys

tyratoku 10-10-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 54897923)

Brodin > Coyle. I know that HF loves their stats but a potential franchise puck moving shutdown guy is more valuable than a potential 30 goal power forward.

Not according to this guy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeke (Post 54892517)
I have no idea what these rankings are based on.

Klefbom and Brodin - two guys who might end up as solid 2nd pair dmen if things go right (but have major areas of weakness to work upon to get there) - are top-30 prospects?

craziness.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jaykay 10-10-2012 07:58 PM

Luckily that guy is getting berated for those comments.

forthewild 10-10-2012 10:04 PM

there is no defensive prospect that has been drafted that i would take over brodin, that includes ryan murray and morgan rielly. who ever wrote this list is a dumbass, sorry for the language but Brodin has done nothing other then grow and progress.

seriously people, Nathan Beaulieu is ahead of brodin? based on what? oh yeah he plays in the CHL...

they better have Johan Larsson in there, they better have Matthew Hackett in there, holy crap, we have guys who win awards and lead teams to championships and they get snubbed over some scrubs...

D U M B A 10-10-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by this providence (Post 54894029)

I was just about to post a question about his ranking. Because when discussing prospects before, I remember a poster here asked if we'd be better off if San Jose drafted Etem over Coyle and that's who we got instead for Burns. And most posters here said Etem is one prospect who appears to be highly ranked in a lot of places but the Wild fans who replied, didn't think he'd amount to becoming anywhere close to his hype / ceiling.

I have never watched any Etem highlights but is that the general consensus here? That's he overhyped?

I will agree with other posters in this thread that Brodin should definitely be ranked a lot higher.

squidz* 10-10-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 54901457)
there is no defensive prospect that has been drafted that i would take over brodin, that includes ryan murray and morgan rielly. who ever wrote this list is a dumbass, sorry for the language but Brodin has done nothing other then grow and progress.

seriously people, Nathan Beaulieu is ahead of brodin? based on what? oh yeah he plays in the CHL...

they better have Johan Larsson in there, they better have Matthew Hackett in there, holy crap, we have guys who win awards and lead teams to championships and they get snubbed over some scrubs...

Lehner was ranked below Malcolm Subban and barely made the list at all. There's no way they put Hackett on the list.

Minnesota 10-11-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 54901457)

Because Canada.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting (Post 54901863)
I have never watched any Etem highlights but is that the general consensus here? That's he overhyped?

Etem's a very speedy goal-scorer. A lot of people view him as boom-or-bust, and he could honestly go either way. It's easy to see how his skillset won't translate to the NHL, though.

Randy BoBandy 10-11-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting (Post 54901863)
I was just about to post a question about his ranking. Because when discussing prospects before, I remember a poster here asked if we'd be better off if San Jose drafted Etem over Coyle and that's who we got instead for Burns. And most posters here said Etem is one prospect who appears to be highly ranked in a lot of places but the Wild fans who replied, didn't think he'd amount to becoming anywhere close to his hype / ceiling.

I will agree with other posters in this thread that Brodin should definitely be ranked a lot higher.

That was me who asked the question. And I still stick by my opinion that Etem is and will be a much better player than Coyle. Etem really resembles Malkin to me in the powerful way he skates and controls the game.

O and here are some highlights

By the way he scored 61 goals in 65 games for Medicine Hat in the WHL last year. No big deal.

On Brodin ranking: He just doesn't have the flashy upside that this pole seems to prefer.

TZM 10-11-2012 10:34 AM

20-11. Dumba is #19.

this providence 10-11-2012 10:41 AM

The Etem over-zealousness is only surpassed by the love for Jaden Schwartz...

I know many here watch the WCHA; Bjugstad comes in at #39 and Schwartz will be top 10. Anyone see that from the games they've seen? Would anyone swap Bjugstad for Schwartz? Hell, granted I'm a Sioux fan, but there's no way I'd trade Nelson as a prospect for Schwartz...

Generic User 10-11-2012 11:29 AM

Yeah, Jaden Schwartz is one of the most overrated prospects out there.

forthewild 10-11-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TZM (Post 54909491)
20-11. Dumba is #19.

dumba over brodin...

hell any dman in that group over brodin...

i guess getting complements from Niklas kronwall just isn't the same anymore, still tho its going to be funny when all these "experts" who underrate brodin have to swalow some crow.

Jarick 10-11-2012 12:24 PM

Wow, Etem does look like Malkin when he's driving the net.

I still think Huberdeau is a little too high.

And yeah Brodin should be way ahead of Dumba.