HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Carolina Trollercanes vat Winnipeg Cessnas (Oct. 13th) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1269995)

Carolinas Identity 10-11-2012 01:25 PM

Carolina Trollercanes vat Winnipeg Cessnas (Oct. 13th)

Well, season is finally here guys. Let's start our new era with a big win against our most hated, evil, smelly rivals. It also marks the debut of newest Carolina Hurricane Jarome Iginla, who will be wearing #21 since Eric is wearing #12.

:canes

@

:jets

http://kinnvikaexpedition.files.word...ntsinstorm.jpg

Probable Lines:

Hurricanes:

Jordan Staal//Eric Staal//Jaroma Iginla
Alexander Semin//Jussi Jokinen//Jeff Skinner
Chad LaRose//Jeremy Welsh//Tuomo Ruutu
Drayson Bowman//Tim Brent//Patrick Dwyer

Tim Gleason//Joni Pitkänen
Jamie McBain//Justin Faulk
Jay Harrison//Joe Corvo

Cam Ward
Justin Peters

Jets:

I'll steal Winnipeg's lines when they post their GDT (Actually kinda surprised they haven't already, they're normally days ahead of us on stuff like this. Maybe we're slowly actually turning into a relevent hockey market :D)

Pre game banter:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla
Nice to start my new career as a Hurricane in Canada. Kinda fitting. Though, I do expect some boos since my Flames ended their playoff chances last year. Also, a guy in the parking lot said he was gonna start a "Kesler's Better" chant. Should be good times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
I'm gonna experiment with the two Staal's with Iggy tonite. It wasn't my plan going into the season, but with Jarome on the team now, I feel like playing him with the two Staal's will make arguably the most physical line in the league, and hopefully after we wear the Jets down and beat 'em up a bit, that will allow our second line to dance around and create whimiscal offense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Losenge Guy
This will be a good measuring stick-game for our team going up against, on paper, the best team in the league. There's not a whole lot that can be said in a situation like this. I just gotta go out and coach the Jets to the best of my ability and hopefully, with a little luck (chuckles) we can cover the 5.5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Tracy
Hey John, did you know that Winnipeg is in Canada? Canada is north of the United States. It's in the province of Manitoba, which I'm told is a Native American word for Buffalo. Also, on tonite's game, I did a bit of research and found an interesting stat that should help the Hurricanes. Last year the Jets lost 100% of the games they got out scored in.

Brock Anton 10-11-2012 01:43 PM

5-0 loss.

tarheelhockey 10-11-2012 01:52 PM

Skinner moves to right wing. Concussed on 3rd shift.

Hammer Slammer 10-11-2012 03:43 PM

Probable Jets lineup.

Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Miettinen
Ponikarovsky - Antropov - Burmistrov
Wellwood - Scheifele - Machacek

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Bogosian - Hainsey
Stuart - Postma

Pavelec
Montoya

Congrats on getting Iginla to sign down there! :D

Gotta Catch Em Staal 10-11-2012 04:06 PM

I bought an Iginla jersey with the 'C' on it because I was certain Muller was going to strip Staal of the captaincy. Now he doesn't even have an 'A' WTF??? I have called The Eye about this and the Canes front office but they are refusing to replace the jersey for me. What should I do? I will be writing Jim Rutherford soon.

garret9 10-11-2012 04:39 PM

My guess is there's a fight between Jokinen and Iginla

halleJOKEL 10-11-2012 05:10 PM

Eager to see how the Staal Bros experiment works. Would love to see what Skinner and Iginla could do on the ice together. Don't know why it wasn't tried during the preseason for at least a couple shifts.

Stephen Goalbert 10-11-2012 05:27 PM

go fight win

canes go peg,, fly on jets.. play hockey with jets,, need watershed.. cole,,

Elever 10-11-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer (Post 54917047)
Probable Jets lineup.

Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Miettinen
Ponikarovsky - Antropov - Burmistrov
Wellwood - Scheifele - Machacek

Miettinen is not gonna be on the 2nd line. He's just not a top 6 player anymore, he's gonna be on the 3rd at most.

And Scheifle's in junior right now playing avg, they're gonna let him keep developing there this season.

I would expect Slater or Thorburn to be in the lineup tomorrow. And when the eff did you guys get Iginla? I don't see anyone missing from that lineup so did they trade Dalpe, Boychuk, Murphy and picks for him or something?

garret9 10-11-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 54919527)
Miettinen is not gonna be on the 2nd line. He's just not a top 6 player anymore, he's gonna be on the 3rd at most.

And Scheifle's in junior right now playing avg, they're gonna let him keep developing there this season.

I would expect Slater or Thorburn to be in the lineup tomorrow. And when the eff did you guys get Iginla? I don't see anyone missing from that lineup so did they trade Dalpe, Boychuk, Murphy and picks for him or something?

I think you're missing some of the :sarcasm::naughty: in this...
Plus it's a video-game simulation, not the real deal. You basically just put the player with the highest overall up ahead.
In real life, Noel uses a very line matching lineup, based on OZS and QoC, not best player first. So if you wanted a more "realistic" lineup it would be:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Wellwood
Ponikarovsky-Antropov-Burmistrov
Cormier/Miettenin-Slater-Thorburn/Machacek

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Haisney-Bogosian
Stuart/Clitsome-Postma

PS 5th in pts/g in the O isn't average...

Gotta Catch Em Staal 10-11-2012 06:10 PM

^Not sure what this guy is talking about.

But yeah the Canes sent Tlusty, Dalpe and their 2013 1st rounder to the Flames for Iginla on September 28. Overpayment if you ask me.

HisIceness 10-11-2012 07:44 PM

MOVE KIRK!!!!!!!!!

http://www.twitchmedia.com/pictures/...in_the_way.jpg

:D

tarheelhockey 10-11-2012 08:12 PM

Mu Must Go!

Anton Dubinchuk 10-11-2012 08:43 PM

JStaal hat trick, Skinner with the Ovechtrick, Canes win 13-11 (Ward tacks on the empty netter).

geehaad 10-11-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisIceness (Post 54922533)

It's been a while since I've laughed this hard at a post.

Carolinas Identity 10-11-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 54919527)

As Harold said, Jarome Iginla was acquired for said package on 28/09/2012

Yes We Cam 10-12-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garret9 (Post 54920123)
I think you're missing some of the :sarcasm::naughty: in this...
Plus it's a video-game simulation, not the real deal. You basically just put the player with the highest overall up ahead.
In real life, Noel uses a very line matching lineup, based on OZS and QoC, not best player first. So if you wanted a more "realistic" lineup it would be:

Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Jokinen-Wellwood
Ponikarovsky-Antropov-Burmistrov
Cormier/Miettenin-Slater-Thorburn/Machacek

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Haisney-Bogosian
Stuart/Clitsome-Postma

PS 5th in pts/g in the O isn't average...

If my NHL 10 is anything like the new version, then there are obviously no pre-game-comments- Scheifile should be guaranteed a starting spot since he is dominating the OHL. Whichever way you slice it, they simply have no Iginla.

Tripp Tracy: "Well, Evander Kane is Jarome Iginla-lite" :nod:

semin4captain 10-12-2012 05:51 AM

Better thread title:

Confirmed with link: we have no lives

DaveG 10-12-2012 06:12 AM

prediction on the games outcome:

http://scottwegener.com/wp-content/u...ing_to_die.gif

HisIceness 10-12-2012 03:39 PM

Ryan Kalil has guaranteed a Hurricanes victory.

Quote:

@RyanKalilsOtherTwitterAccount

I guarantee the Hurricanes will defeat the Winnipeg Jets, I also guarantee the Panthers will not lost this Sunday

Carolinas Identity 10-12-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HisIceness (Post 54941763)
Ryan Kalil has guaranteed a Hurricanes victory.

SInce he's not playing football anymore this season, I'd imagine he has a lot of time on his hands to make predictions :sarcasm:

Beef Invictus 10-12-2012 04:24 PM

I'm confident the Canes will remain undefeated.

Yes We Cam 10-12-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus (Post 54942673)
I'm confident the Canes will remain undefeated.

I hope so.

Canes sharp...Cup13,.,Jerome Hurricane..,Cole train,,.

geehaad 10-13-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics (Post 54949463)
Canes sharp...Cup13,.,Jerome Hurricane..,Cole train,,.

...and you had to edit that 10 minutes after you posted it...?

Dinz-mock fail.

gocanes88 10-13-2012 03:36 PM

The game would be over right about now. :(