HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   When will Michaud get his chance? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12701)

habsfan11 09-19-2003 06:05 PM

When will Michaud get his chance?

Olivier Michaud has looked really good in training camp, yet the habs wont even play him in their first 2 pre-season games, they dont even have him on their "2 teams"(Team A, Team B). I'm just wondering when Michaud will get a chance to showcase his skills in a games, Personally i believe he can land one of the 2 spots avaliable in Hamilton.

tinyzombies 09-19-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
Olivier Michaud has looked really good in training camp, yet the habs wont even play him in their first 2 pre-season games, they dont even have him on their "2 teams"(Team A, Team B). I'm just wondering when Michaud will get a chance to showcase his skills in a games, Personally i believe he can land one of the 2 spots avaliable in Hamilton.

He better be in Hamilton at least or I'll be pissed off.

KILLger 09-20-2003 08:04 AM

He's 20... how many 20 year old goalies are there in the league? He'll be to Hamilton's camp.. if he doesn't make Hamilton and plays well, then be concerned about his future.

RichardZednik#20 09-20-2003 08:55 AM

I think he can go back in QMJHL this year. Because with Damphousse and Fichaud in Hamilton, I can't see him there.

CrAzYNiNe 09-20-2003 09:39 AM

Michaud was cut along with Balej and Archer. I couldn't care less about Michaud at his current age, how many goalies do we need in a young golie system?

Tricolore#20 09-20-2003 09:52 AM

Im surprised Olivier didn't see any preseason action. You would think that they would like to see young players, that will one day play with the Habs, get some NHL experience, whether it be preseason, regular season or playoffs.

But I can see that essentially the Habs sent Michaud down to get Theodore and Garon more playing time, since these are the guys who are going to make the team for sure, and it would be much better to get these guys in game shape now, rather than mid-October. Especially Jose.

Wildcat 09-20-2003 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
I think he can go back in QMJHL this year. Because with Damphousse and Fichaud in Hamilton, I can't see him there.

I think you may be right. He seems to be caught in the numbers game. He is young so that would allow the Habs to send him to the Q for another season. Fichaudís contract is up this year so Michaud will likely be in Hamilton next year if he doesnít make it this year. I donít think the Habs are in a rush to bring anyone along too rapidly with Theo and Garon taking the two spots for some time to come.

habsfan11 09-20-2003 10:32 AM

i think hes done his 4 years in the Q and its either the echl or the ahl for michaud. As for depth, keep in mind that you might loose either damp. or fichaud in the waiver draft. And also, if Puurula puts in another solid season, managment might be forced to bring him over too.

montreal 09-20-2003 02:11 PM

I think the Habs should be more concerned with Damphousse and Garon. Michaud is still very young, and would be better off in the Q, as a starter getting a lot of games in. Damphousse is unknown just how good he can be. Management needs to find out, they know the skill is there but it's unknown how good he can be.

Also we need to see more from Garon who has only been very good for 1 season, while he may be a major part of our future.

Michaud has lots of time still.

Habs4ever 09-20-2003 02:29 PM

Right now we have no immediate need for goalie!!

in pro team, as Garon and Theodore have their position lockedup its, michaud will have chance but it won't come for atleast few years, as our goaltending duo is very young to begin with, only trade might open position for him, and even then he'll have to compete with possibly Damphousse, and Purrula for backup job.

montreal 09-20-2003 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
i think hes done his 4 years in the Q and its either the echl or the ahl for michaud. As for depth, keep in mind that you might loose either damp. or fichaud in the waiver draft. And also, if Puurula puts in another solid season, managment might be forced to bring him over too.

Michaud can go back to the Q as an overager. We wont lose either Fichaud or Damphousse in the waiver draft. Goalies aren't often taken, and if one of them were, they would have to play in the NHL or we get them back.