HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I'm dying (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1270119)

SirPaste 10-11-2012 08:03 PM

I'm dying

I guess it never really hit me till now that we are supposed to have our season opener but god I need some Blues hockey! **** this lockout

CarvinSigX 10-11-2012 08:06 PM

Same here. It would make a long day of school much easier knowing I could come home to the Blues.

The Note 10-11-2012 08:55 PM

Would've eased the Cards loss a lot for me.

Alklha 10-11-2012 08:56 PM

Tell me about it! How long do we think it will take between getting a new agreement to the season starting? Are we looking at needing an agreement within the next 5 or 6 weeks or so to have hockey this year?

If we get playing by the end of the year, at least the lockout will have been good for the likes of Steen, Sobotka and Tarasenko from a confidence point of view.

BlueDream 10-11-2012 10:15 PM

Glad you made this thread. I really wish I was watching the Blues and Avs right now. I thought this would be a promising season and it's ruined (at least for now).

This is so depressing. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

MattyMo35 10-11-2012 10:39 PM

I hate turning on NHL 13 every day and seeing the team the Blues are supposed to be playing against next :(

CarvinSigX 10-11-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyMo35 (Post 54928061)
I hate turning on NHL 13 every day and seeing the team the Blues are supposed to be playing against next :(

Not only that, but you have to change it from Colorado, so you can be at home! And don't even get me started about EA being lazy and still having Poliocovo on this team, instead of letting me do work on his ass, destroying Detroit in the process. :cry:

Blanick 10-12-2012 12:12 AM

Came home, put on blues gear, sat on couch, turned on TV, realized there was no Blues hockey so took the obvious next step.

12 shots later and I am wasted.....

CarvinSigX 10-12-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanick (Post 54929993)
Came home, put on blues gear, sat on couch, turned on TV, realized there was no Blues hockey so took the obvious next step.

12 shots later and I am wasted.....

Me too! Lockout Thursday!

Oshie97 10-13-2012 09:45 AM

At least the Cards are keeping me entertained, man what a ride. I have been a blues fan for a long time, while I was watching the biggest comeback in a elimination game ever I thought I wish the Blues could do something incredible like this...

Bruv 10-14-2012 10:07 PM

Yeah, it bloooows.

sdaltons 10-15-2012 08:41 AM

you guys are crazy, I'm relieved that i don't have to worry about watching Blues games (which I normally would rather watch) over Cardinals playoff games.

note: this post is not meant to be taken seriously

BigB 10-15-2012 02:44 PM

On a twisted note... I am getting money back from games not attended.

coldsteelonice84 10-15-2012 02:50 PM

Misleading thread title, not funny either.

SteenMachine 10-15-2012 05:12 PM

So you're offended that he's going to live? Stop whining.

bluemandan 10-15-2012 06:47 PM

Get well soon! :laugh:

randysavage 10-16-2012 03:18 PM

If the players reject this deal that's on the table, I am officially off their side. 50/50 split with 200 million in revenue sharing? Please, it won't get any better for the players, and it probably shouldn't.

MattyMo35 10-16-2012 05:35 PM

I don't know the inner workings of the deal, but on the surface it certainly appears to be a step in the right direction. Big props to the league for throwing out the first reasonable proposal so negotiations can really get going.

BlueDream 10-16-2012 07:58 PM

Nobody deserves "props". It shouldn't even be taking this long. Yes I do like the NHL's proposal since it is a step in the right direction but I think some negotiating will probably still be done. I'm on no one's side anymore. Just get it done for crying out loud.

Alklha 10-17-2012 06:07 AM

Does anyone have a link to an article with all the details? Or even better, the bullet points? Everywhere I seem to go only seems to talk about a few aspects.

On the face of it it does seem like a good deal. With the start date included, there is basically a deadline, so hopefully the start of the season is now in sight.

I do think some of the points are overkill though. I like being able to retain salary, I like that if a player retires the team remain on the hook and the extra year of RFA.

However, limiting contracts to 5 years and not allowing anything more than a 5% variance on deals seems like overkill. If you limit the salary variance year-to-year, then there should not be a need for a limit on contract length. I also think 5% hurts smaller teams that might want to defer some money to the following year etc, basically legitimate operational reasons. I'd be happy with no limit on contract length and that a player could be paid no less than 80% of his caphit in any 1 year of his contract.

Not sure I like the full 82 game schedule, and with the Olympics next season it could be 2 seasons in a row the season finishing later. As long as it reverts back, it doesn't matter... but then the Superbowl never went back to January.

Rizzo90 10-17-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 55012183)
Misleading thread title, not funny either.

really?? during a lockout , you couldn't tell what the title meant??? :help: please:p:

MattyMo35 10-17-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alklha (Post 55055783)
Does anyone have a link to an article with all the details? Or even better, the bullet points? Everywhere I seem to go only seems to talk about a few aspects.

On the face of it it does seem like a good deal. With the start date included, there is basically a deadline, so hopefully the start of the season is now in sight.

I do think some of the points are overkill though. I like being able to retain salary, I like that if a player retires the team remain on the hook and the extra year of RFA.

However, limiting contracts to 5 years and not allowing anything more than a 5% variance on deals seems like overkill. If you limit the salary variance year-to-year, then there should not be a need for a limit on contract length. I also think 5% hurts smaller teams that might want to defer some money to the following year etc, basically legitimate operational reasons. I'd be happy with no limit on contract length and that a player could be paid no less than 80% of his caphit in any 1 year of his contract.

Not sure I like the full 82 game schedule, and with the Olympics next season it could be 2 seasons in a row the season finishing later. As long as it reverts back, it doesn't matter... but then the Superbowl never went back to January.

This is the best I can do.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=643570

JustOneB4IDie 10-18-2012 03:15 AM

I feel everyone's pain who misses NHL and Blues Hockey, from one of the older fan's on this site, and the Lockout is the reason I've stayed away, I've been thru them all, and, like me, getting old. And i'm tired of this nonsense.

Alklha 10-18-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyMo35 (Post 55060507)

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I had been through the NHL, TSN and a few other websites and couldn't find anything that definitive :doh:

Hard to see how we won't have hockey next month. If the NHLPA can't work a deal around that, then I'll be writing off this season.

unbridledid 10-18-2012 11:35 AM

As a Hawks fan I am glad to see the Blues team improve the way it has. I grew up loving the rivalry and now see it is starting to heat up again..

Also think your jersey is aces...